Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18-Month-Old Dog Urinating Indoors

• 09-03-2014 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

My dog peed in the kitchen last night. I brought him in from the garden and he just cocked his leg and went for it. He's 18 months old. I rescued him at 3 months and had him house-broken fairly quickly. Do 'accidents' tend to happen at that age, or should I be on the look out for a bigger problem. Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

ThirdMan wrote: »
    My dog peed in the kitchen last night. I brought him in from the garden and he just cocked his leg and went for it. He's 18 months old. I rescued him at 3 months and had him house-broken fairly quickly. Do 'accidents' tend to happen at that age, or should I be on the look out for a bigger problem. Cheers.

Keep an eye on things, sometimes dogs just have an off day, and will cock the leg if they're feeling unsure of things for some reason.
    If it happens again, then it's possible there's an underlying, and often minor-enough medical condition. Sudden changes in toileting habits are a strong sign of a medical problem, which your vet can investigate for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep an eye on him so. I had two extremely busy days on Friday and Saturday, so unfortunately he was on his own each day until about 10pm. That's never happened before so perhaps it threw him a bit. He probably didn't know what was going on.

We were back into our usual routine today though, and yes, that is his baby blanket on the ground. :o

13047219154_b3403e49b0.jpg

Advertisement