Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Request to save changes after opening a word or excel file.

• 10-03-2014 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Some times when I open a file (word or excel mostly) (mostly work but sometimes home laptop), do nothing and then close it, I get prompted to save changes.

Why?

I've done nothing to the file, at wost scrolled down a line or two, at best done nothing.

Can't understand it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

External links to other files (workbooks, images) that need updating, fields that need updating (current date for example), for excel if it's been saved in an older version of excel than the version it was opened in etc. etc. Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Def not worried about it, just curious as to the why.

Advertisement