Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sli Na Gcapall, Craughwell

Options
  • 10-03-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for some info on this estate please, i took a drive in there on Saturday and there seems to be a number of houses not lived in? It looks like a really nice estate to live in!
    I am relatively new to the area so i am hoping to find out if these are for sale or who owns them?!
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Had a look at these houses last year when considering living in the area - other "boarders" feedback expressed concerns around flooding potential in the area , particularly access roads. The flooding event was some years ago now , 2009/2010 ? and not sure if the flooding issue resolved at this stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVYEzJzhuA

Our view was that the area appeared a bit delapidated, landscaping in a poor state, possibly a lot of rental properties ? We didnt bid or follow up. There is another estate next door, Lana an Bhaile but nothing available for sale when we were looking, although I see properties in Blackberry Way now on Daft, estate close to Sli na gCapall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The flooding in 2009/2010 was something of a one off. It hasnt happened since and didnt happen before in ~30 years.

Can I ask this: Why do you want to live in a housing estate in the middle of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GalwayGirl3204

I was looking at the houses in Blackberry Way also and wanted to know if the access roads to galway were blocked from that estate when Craughwell flooded. The reason we were looking at an estate in the country was for our kids...personally I'd love a detached property in the area but my kids would be very isolated...it'd be nice for them to have other kids to play with in the evening after school.

Advertisement