Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 310XT freezing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just do a master reset. Thats what garmin will tell you to do.

You could try plugging the usb into the computer first but most likely you'll have to master reset it.

I master reset mine every month or so at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Just do a master reset. Thats what garmin will tell you to do.

You could try plugging the usb into the computer first but most likely you'll have to master reset it.

I master reset mine every month or so at this stage.

Thanks,
    How old is your unit??
    I'm guessing its nothing to worry about but I have a bike one longer and so far no issues or resets needed.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Your memory could be full causing this - delete your activities after you've uploaded them is best bet.

My current unit about 2.5 years old at this stage, last unit only lasted a year. Have been master resetting regularly pretty much since getting current unit.
    Another reason why I'm seriously considering the switch to polar...

Edit: and I clear out my memory every week or so...look for odd workouts that could be bugging the software. Usually if I use mine in the indoor pool I've to manually record my times and then delete the workout. If I try to upload it it will feck up all the workouts on the watch. Doesn't happen every time but it does happen so I just do that to avoid it.

No joy on the master reset........

• Advertisement

No joy on the master reset........

Ring Garmin.

Don't email, their email support is woeful. Takes days to respond and then just sends you generic responses. Infuriating stuff.

Should be going to the original supplier and asking for a new one??

Depends on the retailer I guess. Garmin will replace for free anyway if you bought from a approved garmin retailer. You'll have to send it off to them first though.

Depends on the retailer I guess. Garmin will replace for free anyway if you bought from a approved garmin retailer. You'll have to send it off to them first though.

Thanks RQ I'll go the replace route see what happens slightly worrying given the light use it has received to date.......

Will add they'll only replace for free if they can't 'fix' it...they'll probably try to fob you off with a refurbished unit as replacement. You haven't got it a year yet, make sure you get a brand new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭gofasterdad

This has happened to me a few times. Each time, the problem went away after I uploaded all workouts to the PC.

Advertisement