Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data entry tool, with capture. Any suggestions?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hello folks.
    I need a freeware tool to input a list of keywords (from a CSV) into a particular application (fancy search engine we us), wait for a result (time will vary drastically from 5ms to 15mins) and capture the number of hits displayed (via screenshot I reckon as the app doesn't populate this to an obvious field).

Currently this is a time consuming process that I do manually, but it's killing me because I know exactly how to automate the process using HPs WinRunner - but we don't have a licence for that tool here. Can anyone suggest an alternative freeware tool I could use?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

When you say:

"into a particular application (fancy search engine we us)"

is this application online or does it have an api?

If you want to write something to talk to it it needs to be accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yeah it has an API and it supports scripting, but I really don't want to get into developing a tool to talk to it. I'm thinking more in line with a functional automated test application. Think very simple click and record type apps.

Advertisement