Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality connection

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

I have done a test through speedtest.net and results are ping 31ms , d/load 10.3 and upload .48mbps.

These seem reasonable but i cannot stream radio without constant interruption , netflix needs to be buffered for 2- 3 mins before it can be watched.Even trying to post this has taken two attempts as when i first tried to post , after hitting "post your question" it took roughly a minute and then the page went to a 404 error. 

The router Im using is a new eircom d1000

Any suggestions or help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

scwazrh wrote: »
    I have done a test through speedtest.net and results are ping 31ms , d/load 10.3 and upload .48mbps.

These seem reasonable but i cannot stream radio without constant interruption , netflix needs to be buffered for 2- 3 mins before it can be watched.Even trying to post this has taken two attempts as when i first tried to post , after hitting "post your question" it took roughly a minute and then the page went to a 404 error. 

Any suggestions or help?
    Hi scwazrh

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will then run some tests and look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Any suggestions or help?
    Hi scwazrh

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will then run some tests and look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al
    pm sent, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any suggestions or help?
    Hi scwazrh

Thanks

Al
    pm sent, thanks

Hi scwazrh

Thanks for the PM, I've run tests on your line and I can safely say there are no internal or external issue which may be causing this, I’ve discussed this with technical support who have advised me that it's very strange to be experiencing these issues if you are getting the speeds you have reported. Technical support believes it is either a browser issue or a settings issue with your modem (most likely the later).

I have been advised to ask you to contact technical support directly and mention this correspondence also. Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 (options 3 then 2) or alternatively on 1890260260. You can also reach technical support via web. Access chat on our contact us page at www.eircom.net/about/contact.  It's located to the right and If chat is available, you will see a button inviting you to “Chat now”.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement