Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the waiting room in UHG

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I had to pay a visit to the dermatology dept in University Hospital Galway today, The waiting room looks like this,
    The walls seem to be disintegrating, Damp coming through all the tiles on the suspended ceilings with numerous tiles missing.
    Doesn't fill you with confidence.
    Should we expect more or accept that this is as good as it gets?

pic4_zpsdd6cb34f.jpg

pic2_zps67d3aff7.jpg

pic1_zps8c9a7907.jpg

pic3_zps12c892eb.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

thisNthat wrote: »
    Should we expect more or accept that this is as good as it gets?

It's not as bad as it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

I think that wall has a bad case of Psoriasis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Friend working there told me they had roof flooding during the recent storms, it was not always like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Who cares about the walls, what was the quality of medical treatment like? That's all I'd be caring about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Who cares about the walls, what was the quality of medical treatment like? That's all I'd be caring about.

Yes, but if the walls aren't dealt with, mould *is* worth caring about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title clarified

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

There was asbestos in that building, I think damp is the least of the HSE's worries.

My friend had her baby in UCHG maternity, the picture of her and her newborn son looked like it was taken in communist Russia, there was a peeling water pipe next to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chad!!

That part of the hospital is the original fever hospital it's over a 100 years old, only fit to be torn down

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

The Immunisation Department is a classic:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/10/01/meanwhile-at-university-hospital-galway/

No body cares about aesthetics in this country anymore, it's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It's not a recent thing. Was in a waiting room that looked like that about 3 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

That's nothing. Unfortunately had to go to the Emergency room in October. I was one of the 'lucky' ones who was allowed to rest in one of the assessment rooms. The nurse said I should get some rest on the gurney that was in there. I politely declined, as there was a bloody chest/nose tube dangling at the top of the bed.

In fairness to the nurse, she removed the chest/nose tube but my friend who was with me was utterly horrified at the conditions.

It was truly one of the most traumatic nights of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Next time anyone is in UHG in a ward, waiting area or (especially) treatment room, can you give the floor a wipe with a piece of tissue and see what comes up?

A couple of years ago I had reason to wipe blood off the floor in an area where cleanliness should have been paramount (not that dirt is acceptable anywhere in a hospital).

The filth smeared on the piece of tissue was horrifying.

Advertisement