Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Complete Guide to Everything Tour

• 10-03-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Is anyone here a fan of TCGTE? They're coming over to do a few shows in the Summer and I'm wondering if anyone has been to them before and if they'd recommend them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

yup saw them when they came to Dublin last year. it was good fun and the guys are sound out. had a few pints with them afterwards. Show was the usual stuff, but very entertaining. you also get to meet other fans who are lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aw I'd love to go... but Dublin... :(

Were there many at the show KC? I'm still working my way through 2012's podcasts so it'll be a while before I come across it if twas uploaded like the first England ones. :P

I don't think the Dublin show was recorded. They did the same subject for most of the tour. Just the Manchester one was released.

i think there were about 50-75 at the show last year. was a lovely venue as well. Well worth going if you enjoy the pods! Tim & Tom are happy to hang around and chat to everyone at the end as well, which was great. I'll probably go again this year even though I haven't been as regular listening this year. If just to get one of those sweet t-shirts :D

People travelled from all over to the show as well which was great. I was chatting to lads who had come down from Belfast and a couple from Limerick. great stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

where is it on, i heard them mention the dates on topics this week but not confirm venue.

Powersourt theatre. Not too far from Grafton st if I remember rightly. Not sure I'll make this show, but still holding out hope. had such fun last time!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

is it ticketed or do you just turn up and go off on a tangent about what happened whn you enquired about said ticket.

:D

there are tickets available to buy now, but I imagine you'd be able to get some on the door. I went on a whim last year (quite a whim, considering I live in Cork) and got tickets at the venue before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Hotels are dear in Dublin this weekend, got tickets way back, but left hotel. Kipping on a sofa it is, should be a laugh though

didn't get to this in the end, how was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I saw on their Facebook that they've had to cancel all remaining gigs due to a family emergency. This was after the Dublin gig afaik (which I couldn't go to :().

Were they going to record one of the cancelled gigs, or will there be a recording of the Dublin one for a future podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

We, well I had a great time at it-himself had to leave, but was back for the second half. Very strange seeing them while they talked, instead of listening on headphones. Hung out with Tom for a couple of hours afterwards, would definitely go see them again, even with the long drive we had. Brilliant night, think they recorded it, can't. Remember for sure if they said they were or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I really hope to get a chance to see them live if they another tour.

I'm almost up to date on the show now. Started from the very first episode back in July last year, and have worked my way up as far as January of this year now.

Just started listening to Pop Everything too, and am really liking it. But unfortunately it seems that's dead. Hasn't been an episode this year...

Advertisement