Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To mark Powering Rewards, 40" Smart TV to be won with Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I got a KitKat on the last day of first year in secondary school for not missing a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I got a inflatable arm chair from my primary school after raising 200E for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

I rewarded my son a new car after he got very good results for his LC

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Has to be the giant galaxy easter egg I won in primary school. Close second would be the medal from college for graduating top of my class. Definitely the sweet sweet egg is first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Not a story as such but I try to do at least one good deed everyday. I don't get a reward out of it, I just enjoy helping others. Did I mention that I also love 40" TVs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

helped someone out who was involved in an accident a few years ago and a couple of days later I got a nice box of chocs.. was nice that they acknowledged the assistance, even though there was no need to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

As a loyal Electric Ireland customer I've been rewarded with consistent price rises despite falling costs and pay levels elsewhere in the Irish and world economy. How I laughed to read about ongoing pay rises at ESB, no relation to Electric Ireland of course, although the deals were probably negotiated before the break up! But the best reward of all is getting to see Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin prancing around for no particular reason to mark Powering Rewards! No doubt the cost of rewarding her for all her efforts will be passed on to me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Virtue is its own reward!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Captured Flynn Rider  and collected the reward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

I painted the neighbor's fence when I was a kid, got a lovely five pound note as a reward for my troubles. Its far harder finding kids to do it these days for a fiver, half of them have set up their own painting business by ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Gave a fairy cake to a very sick relative who was so sick he could not communicate very well. all my baking efforts were rewarded with a big smile and a gesture for another bite.

In such a sad situation it was a small moment of delight for him but a massive wave of happiness for me to see him enjoy something I had put a bit of time and care into making.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I won a lovely pewter medal in an art competition when I was in primary school, not an amazing thing but I recall how proud I was when I see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

As a reward for doing my work well, I get more work. I've decided to stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

when the old couple were shocked that i gave up my seat on the bus so that they could sit together... the nicest reward is that it was appreciated and the couple said it restored their faith in good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

Rewarded with a door slammed in my face after finding and returning a lost purse, would do the same again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Got the greatest reward of my life just before Christmas 2013 when my son Alex was born!    I couldn't imagine my life without him now:)   He's always smiling and laughing.    I can't wait to sit him down in front of the new TV and show him all of my favorite shows like Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Got two free gaa all ireland tickets at work two years ago, for the Mayo V Donegal match and they were as usual hard to come by! so there was one for me and instead of giving the ticket to a fellow Mayo supporter I gave it to my friend a Donegal supporter, she was delighted, and even more so when they won! 

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mr321

Hi everyone,

We are thrilled and excited today to launch our rewards programme, Powering Rewards!
    www.poweringrewards.ie has the full lowdown on how to register and avail of our offers, and enter our great Powering Experiences competitions. There's also the chance to have your next electricity bill paid; 25 per week to be won!

To mark the launch, we are running a competition this week here on Boards, starting now! The prize is a Samsung 40" Smart TV to power the television-watching experience of your favourite online shows!

BoardsCompframed_zps87ca6400.png

To enter the competition, just post about any experience you have had involving a reward, whether it was a reward you received or gave, and what the reward was for.

The winner will be selected randomly on Tuesday 18th March. T&Cs apply.

All the best!
    The Electric Ireland Boards team
    The reward I received once was a medal back in the good old 90s for community games. 

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

My 5-year old son asked for a reward for eating all of his dinner. I told him the reward was he'd grow big and strong. He said it was a stupid reward and that he wanted a jaffa cake. I said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I was rewarded a gold star for doing well in my homework in 3rd class. Not a day goes by I don't think about it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I was told my rewards for my efforts in life so far would be in heaven but to be honest a 40” TV would be great right now. 

A few years ago on Christmas Eve I found a set of false teeth on the ground in the smoking area of my local pub.  I handed them in to the bar staff and when I visited the pub a week later I was handed €20 by the bar staff and a free drink!

The lady that owned the teeth collected them on St Stephens day, the owner of the bar had a fair idea that they belonged to her and phoned her earlier that day to let her know.  She was thrilled to be reunited with her teeth so she left a score for me, I was delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I remember as a young fella, I was short a penny for the price of a lollipop, but the shopkeeper gave it to me anyway and told me not to worry. 
    I ran as quick as I could back to my dad to get the penny and ran all the way back to the shop. When I gave him the extra penny he the praised my honesty and gave me an extra lollipop. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Got rewarded a new sponge for doing the dishes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A few years back, I was a technician in a company fixing computers / servers / printers / etc when one of my co-workers brought a boxed Xbox 360 into me.  I thought I was supposed to fix it when I noticed it was brand new and unopened.

Turned out I had won it in the Xmas work raffle, which I had no idea existed or that I was even in it.

I didn't get much jealousy off others considering another co-worker won an insanely priced TV.

Was a great surprise.............until the console died a short time later (It was well outside of it's warranty since they had bought a long time before Xmas).  I managed to fix it but then a friend borrowed it and completely killed it by dropping it.

Just wasn't to be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

After pulling a cracker at Christmas last year in work, I was rewarded with a One-4-all voucher. 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

can't think of a specific reward story, so here's a great song on the topic (ESB - use this song in your ads, you'll sell loads more leccy):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Rewarded an abandoned kitten with a new home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Helped my elderly neighbours when they get fuel during christmas, got rewarded by a nice box of USA biscuits, they were lovely with tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

My granny used to reward me by letting me bring the Coke and Fanta bottles back to the shop and keep the 5p (or was it 10p) deposit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement