Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To mark Powering Rewards, 40" Smart TV to be won with Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

A recent promotion was a great reward for all my hard work i've put in recently. At last some recognition :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

I found a purse in Dundrum.  I brought it to an address which was on a bill in the purse, a very grateful lady gave me a pot of home made jam for my trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I got a reward from the college for coming first in the class.  That's the only reward I ever received, and I don't think I ever handed one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Rewarded my cousin with a trip to the beach when she used the potty when i was minding her

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

I was in a supermarket queue behind a young boy aged about 5 spending his pocket money on sweets. Alas he didn't quite have enough for the sweets and didn't understand the request by the shop attendant that he had to put the sweets back. I told the shop assistant to let the boy go with his sweets and I'd pay the difference. The little boy walked off oblivious...
    However I popped in for a coffee next door but when I went to pay for it I was told it was paid for. It was covered by the boys mother who said thanks for the sweets and one good turn deserves another. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

I got rewarded with my desired career after much hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

My wife had our 3rd child last may and money is tight but i managed to reward her with a lovely new phone for her 9 long months of puking every morning and sometimes evenings and also nightime puking. Makes me wonder why its called "morning" sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Rewarded the OH with a lovely home cooked meal, wine and chocolates recently. Also got rid of the snotty nosed child and we planned on going to the cinema but couldn't even make it out the door due to tiredness! The joys of having a one year old!

Still woke up at 8 the next morning, same time as the rug rat usually wakes us! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

Hi everyone,

We are thrilled and excited today to launch our rewards programme, Powering Rewards!
    www.poweringrewards.ie has the full lowdown on how to register and avail of our offers, and enter our great Powering Experiences competitions. There's also the chance to have your next electricity bill paid; 25 per week to be won!

To mark the launch, we are running a competition this week here on Boards, starting now! The prize is a Samsung 40" Smart TV to power the television-watching experience of your favourite online shows!

BoardsCompframed_zps87ca6400.png

To enter the competition, just post about any experience you have had involving a reward, whether it was a reward you received or gave, and what the reward was for.

The winner will be selected randomly on Tuesday 18th March. T&Cs apply.

All the best!
    The Electric Ireland Boards team
    Hey what kinda reward i wa given a reward of my lil brother of a burger out of burger king he reward me random and it means the wrold to me because sortly after he died, Best reward every when it cost just 250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Rewarded with good results in my leaving certificate examinations after I put in a lot of study :) 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

As I am a very positive thinker, I guess the best reward is waking up each and every morning!

I know it's cheesy and all, but I've heard and seen so many people live a life full of regrets, so I try and do whatever makes me happy!

I was also givin a reward from birth which is my psychic ability and the knowledge that I will win this tv!! So no need for any more comments :P

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭downesy

When my CEO posted our Accounts to Board Members he forgot to put stamps on the envelopes.  I waited over an hour for the postman to come (he was dead late) as my CEO couldn't as he had to pick up his son.  Finally the postman came, and let me put stamps on the envelopes. 
    Next morning, I came into work to find a three pack of Ferrero Roche as a reward from my CEO :D.  Delighted with life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

i reward people with my presence everyday. i know, the ultimate selfless act :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dr. gonzo

My wife and I were rewarded by a beautiful baby boy, and wow what a reward he really is... a life changing one! 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sparkyboy71

Well the reward i received was a Samsung 40" smart tv from the team at Electric Ireland via their boards.ie competition.. Ahhh no, wait i shouldn't have used the DeLorean to go back to the future to see that i won, now no one else will have to enter

So everyone can stop writing now, me and the Doc have this one covered

Marty 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The first thing I ever really won was when I was about 6. Pepsi were running a promotion called "Pepsi Challenge" in our local supermarket, It's a straight forward challenge where you determine anonymously which of two drinks you think is pepsi cola. As prizes everyone was given out some scratch tickets, most revealing "a free can of pepsi" or something similar. I scratched my one off to reveal I had won a Sony Walkman cassette player. 

Still have it to this day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Once got a reward of One 4 All vouchers in an old job for being extremely helpful with an ongoing issue someone was having.

Only strange thing was when I checked who referred me for it, it was someone I never heard of from a department I had no dealings with in a different country so I had no idea what it was for. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brianboylan88

Hi everyone,

We are thrilled and excited today to launch our rewards programme, Powering Rewards!
    www.poweringrewards.ie has the full lowdown on how to register and avail of our offers, and enter our great Powering Experiences competitions. There's also the chance to have your next electricity bill paid; 25 per week to be won!

To mark the launch, we are running a competition this week here on Boards, starting now! The prize is a Samsung 40" Smart TV to power the television-watching experience of your favourite online shows!

To enter the competition, just post about any experience you have had involving a reward, whether it was a reward you received or gave, and what the reward was for.

All the best!
    In 1994 I was in Trabolgan with the family, I was shy and didn't play with many of the kids down there. On the last night on the resort they held an "Ugly face" competition for who could pull the ugliest face. Of course I won, and to this day no family member lets me forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Get rewarded with a kiss every evening I come through the door from my kids :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

Just potty trained my daughter Lucia:) she caught on very fast no more spills. just wake her in middle of the night and out she stumbles half asleep. Very proud of her thats very rewarding. Plus we rewarded her with tickets very PEPPA PIG:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Only reward I get is a big kiss and hug each day from my 3 kids. They appreciate the things I do for them each day from cleaning to dinner and having to hand over the TV remote.

Don't mind that they throw toys and clothes on the floor or dirty the freshly washed floors being rewarded with their kisses is the best reward of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

If we are talking about kisses as rewards then I get a lovely hug and kiss from the wife and a big sloppy one from the dog. Having the two of them is reward enough....but a tv would still be appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Hi everyone,

All the best!
    I was living in Thailand for a year and an Irish bar in the town did a fundraiser every Xmas for the local orphanage. When the bar owner told me all the money went into HIV medicine and nappies I was so upset for the kids. It didn't seem fair that Santa came and they didn't get anything nice. So my boyfriend and I took €100 each out of our Irish bank accounts and bought a small gift for every child (80 all together) in the orphanage, and loads of sweets and cake. We went with the bar owner, dressed as Santa, to the orphanage on Christmas day. Probably one of the best experiences in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

kaisersoze wrote: »
    Get rewarded with a kiss every evening I come through the door from my kids :-)
    This job is done by my cats :D

Anyway, the best reward, I ever got, was the good news, that my Dad pulled through a tumor on his kidney last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I recently moved into a new neighbourhood and my neighbours offered to walk my dog during the day for me. They did this all winter and it was a great help to me, not having to walk him in the dark and wet in the evenings. I thanked (rewarded)  them with a voucher for dinner for 2 as it truly was a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I recently moved into a new neighbourhood and my neighbours offered to walk my dog during the day for me. They did this all winter and it was a great help to me, not having to walk him in the dark and wet in the evenings. I thanked (rewarded)  them with a voucher for dinner for 2 as it truly was a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

Rewarded with a nice dinner out for passing all my college exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I got a third off my sentence for good behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Lost my wallet in craven cottage one time with 500 sterling in it.Game was sold out and somehow managed to locate it!!!.gave the girl who found it 50 pound and we were both happy leaving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

When I was in 5th class I got a gold star for good behavior.  I still have it and still proud of it. (15 years later). 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement