Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To mark Powering Rewards, 40" Smart TV to be won with Electric Ireland!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

>I won a competition in primary school for making some model or some such, came 1st of 6 placed students, 
    >Awards dished out in front of the school during prize day. 
    >Some decent prizes on offer including a TV console game thing which in my day was like the holy grail of toys. 
    >Prizes dished out from 6th to 1st...... 
    >hold on a second, there are only 5 prizes on that table...... 
    >2nd place gets console before the people charged with teaching me many things, amongst which included being able to count to at least 6 realised..... 
    >Minor panic ensued before the principle agreed to 'find something in the back' as a GRAND PRIZE..... 
    >A few minutes later I was presented with GRAND FIRST PRIZE.... in front of the entire school..... of a packet of three bath towels.
    >School life became somewhat harder afterwards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lor2ie

Was in a once off holiday in New York 2 years ago.  After arriving at JFK airport we decided to take the Air Train into New York.  While waiting at the platform we saw a package on the ground.  The place was empty, so we had a look inside and saw two passports and flight tickets.  We quickly got a station guard on an intercom to let them know.  We were told to wait there and within 10 minutes a very grateful young couple arrived to collect the package.  We did't get an award but the couple were so happy and grateful I was happy for them.  Must be an awful feeling to arrived at an airport and find such important documents lost.  One good turn deserves another and we did find everyone very helpful from the subway attendant who made sure we had the correct 5 day pass for public transport and made sure we got on the right sub to our destination.  Still makes me smile thinking of that couples faces.   Recently as a volunteer adult tutor, my learner and myself got an unexpected big box of chocs and a lovely card for speaking to a group of new volunteer tutors. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Won tickets to see live show of wonderly wagon and then lost them in the mess that was my schoolbag

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

A while back I had surgery and it basically required me to be face down in a bed for a week. So my missus took in upon herself to make sure that those 7 days would pass by quickly enough by always keeping me entertained(well as best as I could be while face down) It also worked, it was I'm not going to say super pleasant but she did make it a heck of alot easier for me to get through it. Few weeks after that I surprised her with a weekend up in galway and it was just what she needed and it was my way of saying thanks for keeping me entertained :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oconnorfamily

I rewards my kids with a trip to the cinema to see the lego movie after helping me at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

I entered a competition before for a telly and nothing. I got no reward.

This time I shall be rewarded.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kukbokc

1986 European Champion title in Kickboxing 63.5kg. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kukbokc

Hi everyone,

We are thrilled and excited today to launch our rewards programme, Powering Rewards!
    www.poweringrewards.ie has the full lowdown on how to register and avail of our offers, and enter our great Powering Experiences competitions. There's also the chance to have your next electricity bill paid; 25 per week to be won!

To mark the launch, we are running a competition this week here on Boards, starting now! The prize is a Samsung 40" Smart TV to power the television-watching experience of your favourite online shows!

BoardsCompframed_zps87ca6400.png

To enter the competition, just post about any experience you have had involving a reward, whether it was a reward you received or gave, and what the reward was for.

The winner will be selected randomly on Tuesday 18th March. T&Cs apply.

All the best!
    The Electric Ireland Boards team
      10 Years of age start learning Martial Arts. In 1986 won European Champion title in Kickboxing 63.5kg. Become International Coach giving Seminars around Europe.  Now 10th Dan Black Belt. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I rewarded my mom €100 if she stayed off the cigs for 6 months, she's still off them more than 3 yrs later, that's a reward to us all, she lost a brother to cancer from smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

I rewarded myself with a 99 ice cream today (paddy's day).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I handed in a wallet to a Garda Station one time, the owner was very grateful and gave me €20. That was very decent of her, many people wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

When I was 11 yrs old myself and my sister found a doctors briefcase and lots of pills in a field by our house. We brought it home and my parents rang the Guards. Two days later the doctor called by our house a £10 note for both me and my sister. 

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I do as much voluntary work as I can with a number of dogs rescues and charities. The reward is intrinsic, the feeling you get in song so is better than any monetary reward could ever be.

If I were to win, I will donate the prize to one of the charities as they need the funds they could generate by raffling it far more than I need a new tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Every christmas I take a trip to the supermarket to do a big grocery shop for the needy and homeless people of dublin.  I make sure to cater for the young and elderly,  filling my trolley with goodies for the kids, firelighters and shampoos and body washes etc.

From there, I buy cardboard boxes from ikea and make up different hampers for charities to distribute. I do this completely off my own funds.

Its not a reward per se, however, I always think that even though I am not particulary flush myself,  its nice to give rather than always receive. But, if you were to offer me that brand spanking new TV, I would gladly accept! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Found a wallet on the floor. Managed to track down the owner of it and hand it back to them! Rewarded with the feeling of handing it back to its rightful owner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MarkRice

My experience with rewards was an energy supplier reward scheme. They had switched on an option for customers to use their Tesco cash coupons to reduce their energy bills, by a factor of four. So a Tesco €10 voucher could save you €40 in energy costs. Sounded a great idea and I was eager to give it a shot. Now I’m not a technophobe but neither am I a programmer. After an hour of trial and error attempts I wrote to the energy supplier and this is what I got.

In order to redeem your Tesco Vouchers to your Mystery Energy account you must firstly convert the 15 digit Tesco voucher code to an 8 digit Mystery code by completing the following:

·         Log on to www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals

·         Near the top of the page they will see subject boxes, one of these will say Clubcard Deals

·         On the bottom of the club card page they are asked to Redeem Voucher

·         You will then have to fill out a form giving your details, then click Proceed

·         Then there is an option of the different offers from different companies. I.e. Paint balling. The code for SCC is R4922

·         You must then enter the total amount that the vouchers add up to (if they have multiple vouchers: 5e & 15e, = 20e). Next

·         Enter voucher code(s individually if they have multiple vouchers) Next

·         Then once this is complete a confirmation email will be sent to your email address

·         The day after you will receive the 8 digit BGE voucher code by email which has to be processed on BGE website www.mysteryenergyrewards.ie

To then redeem the Tesco Vouchers to your Mystery  Energy account please complete the following steps

·         Select ? Redeem Tesco Clubcard Vouchers?

·         Select ? Redeem Voucher?

·         Fill in requires fields of account you want to redeem vouchers to i.e. Account number,MPRN/GPRN and enter voucher code

·         Select Continue

·         Click add, the voucher is now redeemed and you will receive confirmation of same

·         Add any other subsequent Voucher codes.

·         Click ? Submit?

C’mon guys. Nothing should be this painful to redeem.

The above process takes a minimum of two days to process and serious stick ability to see it through to the end. I certainly hope the Electric Ireland Boards Team can deliver a slick, easy to use rewards system. Surely it can’t be worse than this experience? 

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

My reward is my 31year old daughter. She was born at 32 weeks weighing 3lbs 4ozs and struggled to survive for the first few days. This followed me having to spend most of my pregnancy in hospital due to complications. I had 5 previous miscarriages which meant I was also bed bound while in hospital.  The hospital confinement was prior to mobile phones, internet and with only limited availability on TV it was boring at times.

It was all worthwhile  when she was born by emergency caesarean following a deterioration in both her and my health. My husband was fantastic during all this and never failed to visit me every day despite having to keep a home running, go to work and listen to me complaining about being bored. If I won the TV it would be his reward albeit late in coming but as they say better late than never.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Rewarded myself with a chinese!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

I received a reward for being best french student even though i didn't know any french!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

I remember green shield stamps as a child.  We used to spend hours licking and sticking them into endless little books.  We were told we'd be well rewarded for all our efforts and had visions of toys and games aplenty - a mini Christmas, in fact.  In the end, we got new sheets for our beds and towels for the bathroom.  What a complete let-down! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 reward20

My neighbour was stranded and unable to get fuel during the recent floods and storms. Myself and my dad cut up some tree logs which had fallen and dropped them over to be used as fuel. The next day we called in to cut up the logs in to small pieces that could be used easily for the fire. Once my neighbour was able to leave his house and repair his property he rewarded our efforts by dropping in a bag of coal in return. 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I won a poetry competition a few years ago and was awarded with a plate with my name on it and the poem got published too. 

I felt so proud as I had never won anything like that in my life before, was a very rewarding experience. 

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Got a voucher from the rewards Drawer @ work (was in place years ago but sadly gone!). Nice to know that people still do appreciate what you do for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got rewarded a number of times in a job I had back in 2001/2002, in a ski and snowboard rental shop. I was the only employee that got 100% in every one of the mystery shopper reports when it was just me they were reviewing. When it was another guy and myself, they'd even commented that it would have been 100% if it wasn't for the other guy. Never big rewards, maybe a hoodie or a wooly hat, but still nice to get recognised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for taking part! Great stories here - some lovely, some hilarious... some lovely and hilarious!

This competition is closed now and we will be back shortly with details of the winner, who will be chosen randomly as per our competition T&Cs.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

And the winner is... hellboy99!
    hellboy99 wrote: »
    Got rewarded a new sponge for doing the dishes lol
    PM on its way to you!

Keep an eye out for more great competitions here on Boards and on our Facebook and Twitter (see my sig) - as well as, of course, www.poweringrewards.ie! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement