Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony-Mediocre customer care

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    I wasn't sure where to post this but has anybody else had issues with the sony customer service centre.
    Here's my story: I bought a 47 inch Sony Bravia from Harvey Normans in Limerick in August 2013, it had a 5 year warranty. It worked fine until the 20th December when the TV wouldnt switch on and the LED at the bottom of the TV started flashing 3 times. Anyway I rang the Sony customer service centre where the informed me that their repair centre would contact me later that day with a date and time that they would collect the TV for repair. This seemed fine but I received no call back. This debacle of me ringing them and them promising me that they would call me back carried on until the 6th of January almost every day that the repair centre was open (office hours only) I would ring them 3 times a day and I would get the same promise even from the manager when I asked for him....
    I eventually gave up and went back to Harvey Normans who after 1 day organised the sony repair centre to pick up the TV the next day. The guys at Harvey Normans were very helpful and told me themselves that Sony's customer care centre was mediocre. :eek:
    To cut a long story short I waited 6 weeks for my TV to be repaired to no avail where they told me they were waiting for parts, I went back to Harvey Normans to complain and within a day Harvey Normans contacted me to say a new TV was on its way....
    So I dread to think what will happen the next time I have a problem with my Sony TV, as I mentioned I have a 5 year warranty, I just hope Harvey Normans can help me out and I dont have to rely on Sony to assist.:mad:
    It leaves me wondering how long will Harvey Normans carry the can before I have to rely on Sony:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Sony probably took lessons from Panasonic.To really get the run-around try having a problem with one of their products.They all learned from our present Government in that if you have no intention of delivering ,you can promise the moon. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

The contract is with the people you bought the TV from.

Harvey Normans acted as they did because they are legally obliged to do so , and this should have been your first port of call in any case !

Advertisement