Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting list of offers from EA

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I've a quick question guys,

I was told by an EA that under 'such and such and act' someone could ring an EA and ask to view the list of offers that were made.

This of course didn't seem correct to me; is there any truth to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

never heard of it,

is it in the context of you buying or selling?
    do they mean any member of the public can request, or someone with a bid on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Yep.

Basically I was told that anybody can ring an EA and ask for a list of bids on a particular property, he even quoted some Act/Legislation.

The reason I ask is I rang an EA this morning and was told that a property was sold; I then asked 'I bid on this a few weeks ago at 265k, can you tell me how much the final few offers stood at' - their response was 'no, data protection etc. etc.' - However, this is first time I've been told this as EA have often told me the final bids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minusthebear

i think the estate agent has to keep a register of bids but I don't think they need to divulge anything to people ringing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

honestly have never heard that before, if you ask they will tell you the current bid, thats about it.
    if it sold they can tell you the sale price.

Advertisement