Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

On 22nd January I reported (via Pure Telecom) that the line between the pole and my house had broken.  On 8th February an Eircom technician came out and repaired, not replaced, the line.  it was ok for a few days but then every time it rained the dial tone came and went and here were all sorts of crackling noises on the line. On 19th February this was reported to Eircom.  On Friday 7th March the Eircom technician rang to say that he would be calling.  I told him that we were about to go out and he said that he would only be up the pole so it wasn't a problem.  We returned home later on Friday expecting to have a working phone but no still no dial tone!  It is now lunchtime on Monday and I have no idea what is happening.  I am seriously considering having the line permanently disconnected even though this would leave me with only a poor mobile service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

On 22nd January I reported (via Pure Telecom) that the line between the pole and my house had broken.  On 8th February an Eircom technician came out and repaired, not replaced, the line.  it was ok for a few days but then every time it rained the dial tone came and went and here were all sorts of crackling noises on the line. On 19th February this was reported to Eircom.  On Friday 7th March the Eircom technician rang to say that he would be calling.  I told him that we were about to go out and he said that he would only be up the pole so it wasn't a problem.  We returned home later on Friday expecting to have a working phone but no still no dial tone!  It is now lunchtime on Monday and I have no idea what is happening.  I am seriously considering having the line permanently disconnected even though this would leave me with only a poor mobile service.

Hi Marian Walsh

I'm very sorry to hear of this and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

As you are with another provider I will have no visibility on this case. I understand it is eircom conducting the repairs however all communication must go through your current provider.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Marian Walsh

Well then, looks like I'd better start writing a letter to terminate my connection.

Well then, looks like I'd better start writing a letter to terminate my connection.
    Hi Marian Walsh

I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Marian, 
    I heard that they have run out of cable, and this is restricting the work they can do.

My line has been down since the storm of the 12th. I am with Vodafone, who took a long time to recognise that they were responsible for my line. They eventually did, but could offer no estimate of repair date. I placed an order with Eircom yesterday to switch to them, on condition that they get my line fixed. Let's see if it makes any difference.
    There are several people around our area who have no service, and they are with Eircom.
    See this thread from an Eircom customer:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057164585
    I am just hoping that having a new account depending on a repair will spur them on; it's about all I can do. 
    My last resort is to try the repair myself.

johnb25 wrote: »
    Marian, 
    I heard that they have run out of cable, and this is restricting the work they can do.

My line has been down since the storm of the 12th. I am with Vodafone, who took a long time to recognise that they were responsible for my line. They eventually did, but could offer no estimate of repair date. I placed an order with Eircom yesterday to switch to them, on condition that they get my line fixed. Let's see if it makes any difference.
    There are several people around our area who have no service, and they are with Eircom.
    See this thread from an Eircom customer:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057164585
    I am just hoping that having a new account depending on a repair will spur them on; it's about all I can do. 
    My last resort is to try the repair myself.
    Hi johnb25

Eircom cannot offer you service based on the terms of a faster repairation time. Service can only be offered on the terms & conditions of service http://bit.ly/1h9xMtf

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement