Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Eircom Connection

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I'm after purchasing a house that has an old telephone line installed which is coming in through the basement of the house.
    As the connection hasn't been active in years, I've asked Eircom to connect it up for me. The engineer was out and is unable to track the cable from outside of the house. There doesn't appear to be any junction box outside and no telegraph poles for some distance away.

The only thing I can see is an electrical pole with a black & gray cable coming down it and into ducting at the boundary of the site. Into the basemenet then a black eircom cable and grey main ESB cable comes in. I don't think that Eircom would use ESB poles, but this looks very conincidental to me.
    This is a rural setting, but I would be interested to see if anyone has come across something similar before? I've checked all the neighbouring houses and everyone must have buried telephone cables.

Also, area outside of where the cable enters the house is tarmaced and there are no manholes. If the eircom cable isn't coming down the pole, has anyone any ideas of where else I could expect to find it coming in?

Advertisement