Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions On What Set Up I Need (4 Bed Pre Wired House)

Options
  • 10-03-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have moved into a newly built 3 story, 4 bedroom house that's pre wired for an alarm. I'm interested in a very basic alarm set up, do not want to pay a lot and do not want any bells/whistles/ongoing costs.

From a rough count there seems to be 15 window/doors (5 on each floor) that are wired.

Could anyone suggest very roughly how much it would cost for a basic wired alarm setup for such a house?

I'm also thinking if it's cheaper we could just get the ground floor windows/doors wired as pretty much all the windows higher up (especially the 5 on the top floor which are Velex ones) are pretty much impossible to access without a very tall ladder/ 10 foot drop into the house so I'd expect it's a bit of overkill to have them all connected.

Any advice on the best way to proceed would be appreciated, it's not an area I know much about and it would help to be able to say what specifically I'm looking for when looking to get it priced.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

For a wired system either of these systems will suit your needs. Acessible windows is what is mostly covered in alarm system backed up by a PIR or two.

For pricing have a look at the suppliers list here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks, it looks like the Siemens set up gets better feedback, can I suggest that from suppliers or will most use one or the other?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Siemens would not be available everywhere. REW , Northwood, RWL & Borsatec stock Siemens. (There may be some others, but they are who I use)
    A very good system with some nice features. Download the App SPC Anywhere
    Android
    iPhone

And see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks again, can you recommend installers that use them, I'd be looking to just find a company that installs them.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    As always get a few quotes and ensure you are comparing like with like.Most good company's would be installing these. Beware of some installers trying to tell you this is a commercial system or not suitable for domestic use. (The SPC 4200 range is a domestic panel)This is installer speak for I havn't a clue about those systems and I'd prefer if you install one of my simpler systems. These are best avoided.

• Advertisement
Advertisement