Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting the right running shoes

Options
  • 10-03-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I just started back at the gym and my knees get cramped after running on the treadmill after a few mins. I have been wearing flat shoes for years and I think my knee is overpronation. I need some suggestions for runners with good support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Get yourself to a proper running shop who will spend time finding the right shoes for you.
    Depending on where you're based there are good shops throughout the country, so if you give an idea of where you're located, then we can advise where's good in your vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

MickyBoi wrote: »
    I just started back at the gym and my knees get cramped after running on the treadmill after a few mins. I have been wearing flat shoes for years and I think my knee is overpronation. I need some suggestions for runners with good support.

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!
    Go with spurscormac's recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Get off the treadmill, get onto a trail or run through fields or failing that a road. Treadmill running is completely different from real running.

Advertisement