Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feed

• 10-03-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to put a feed on a lawn now?!

Grass needs a bit of nourishment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Personally I'm going to wait a bit longer and do it early April. But I fed mine an autumn feed in October so it's looking healthy.
    I would just be wary of feeding it now, getting lots of new sappy growth going only for a cold snap to come in and damage it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Ok thks ...... Will hold on a bit so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I agree, it's a little early but I'm resisting temptation and waiting for the latter half onwards which should be good.

I've started spreading some potash around my hedges, shrubs and fruit trees and applying a gentle liquid feed to the herbaceous perennials and other trees which are all now showing signs of new seasonal growth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I agree, it's a little early but I'm resisting temptation and waiting for the latter half onwards which should be good.

I've started spreading some potash around my hedges, shrubs and fruit trees and applying a gentle liquid feed to the herbaceous perennials and other trees which are all now showing signs of new seasonal growth.

I agree!! Seeing the bit of growth is cool

Advertisement