Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to refund a skimmed account

Options
  • 10-03-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I had my account almost emptied recently, I rang the security number and was told it would be passed onto fraud and they would contact me by E-mail, the account was first used on the 19th of February I rang on the 25th of Feb and have had no contact since!
    I moved to Australia at the start of January so I wasn't using the card from then, I was told the money would be refunded but how long would this take?
    And can they find out how my details were taken?? I had not used the card in nearly 2 months so I assume it was online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi bladebrew, 

Thank for posting. 

We're sorry to hear of fraud on your account. 

Unfortunately there is no set time for fraud investigations as each would be done on a case by case basis and no two cases would be the same. 

The best thing to do is to call your Bank of Ireland branch and a representative will advise of an update. 

You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Thank you for the reply, the money was refunded yesterday morning! I didn't have to do anything!

Advertisement