Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway this weekend?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Heading west for the bank holiday weekend with the T5 - plan is somewhere in Clare for the most part.

However we've something on Saturday in Galway so were looking for somewhere to park up. Unfortunately it looks like the campsites aren't open until April which doesn't help.

Anyone any ideas on where to head for that isn't too far out of the city and is reasonably quiet and secure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Try along the docks, it's only a couple of euro in the parking meter for an overnight stay. Hook up also available. 2 minute walk to city centre. Grand and quite no bother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    Try along the docks, it's only a couple of euro in the parking meter for an overnight stay. Hook up also available. 2 minute walk to city centre. Grand and quite no bother.

Great spot. We stayed there again last weekend. Electric hook up wasn't working on any of the spaces, though I'm sure this is sorted now. Safe yet in the centre of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Well then that's Galway sorted. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 COCKPHESANT

MammaZita wrote: »
    Great spot. We stayed there again last weekend. Electric hook up wasn't working on any of the spaces, though I'm sure this is sorted now. Safe yet in the centre of everything.

Make sure you don't park at the flats side of the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

A quick bump on this, how many camper spots are available at the docks? Is there usually any congestion or would I get a spot handy enough?

• Advertisement
Advertisement