Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i need a SAE?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long story short, i have my visa interview for an L1 visa this week. I booked the interview online and paid a fee which included a DHL delivery service.
    They gave me a vague checklist of what i should bring. This list does not mention a stamped addressed envelope.

Can i assume i do not need a SAE? If i do need it, is it just a regular stamp(I live in Leopardstown) and a4 sized envelope needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

I had my L1 interview about 3 years ago and needed to bring an SAE for each passport.
    It was done by regular post.

Maybe they've changed it to DHL now. (Which would be an improvement.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I did my L1 interview in 2012, had to bring an envelope as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Thanks, i will bring one so.

Will a standard A4 envelope and a standard stamp do? Or have they some convoluted specific type they need?

How did it work out?
    How long after the interview before you got your passport back?

I need to renew my L1 and need to figure out how much time back home I'll need in order to get the passports back from the embassy...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

EyeSight wrote: »
    Thanks, i will bring one so.

Will a standard A4 envelope and a standard stamp do? Or have they some convoluted specific type they need?

I realize that the question is a little old now but for future readers I'd suggest that as it involves sending your passport in the post, that a registered letter/package would be better then just a simple envelope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ponster wrote: »
    I realize that the question is a little old now but for future readers I'd suggest that as it involves sending your passport in the post, that a registered letter/package would be better then just a simple envelope.

You can't pre-register an envelope

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

athtrasna wrote: »
    You can't pre-register an envelope

Really ? I had no idea. IN France where I got my visa you can buy pre-registered envelopes and it's the only thing that the US embassy accepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

They courier everything back anyway. Or at least, they did when we were doing it in March

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

DM addict wrote: »
    They courier everything back anyway. Or at least, they did when we were doing it in March

Yeah, I had a visa interview last week and my passport is being sent back with a courier.

Novella wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a visa interview last week and my passport is being sent back with a courier.

Let me know how long it takes to get to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jonny_D wrote: »

My interview was last Friday and I received an e-mail yesterday to say that my passport should be available to pick up in 1-2 days. I called DPD this afternoon and they had it so I will have it back tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Jonny_D wrote: »

Courier sent it within 3 or 4 days. Should have been faster but the courier didn't contact me and the tracking status said something vague like "pending dispatch" or something which apparently means you can collect it :rolleyes:

no SAE needed :)

Advertisement