Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% juice from concentrate Cider

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd say you'd only get a low-grade cider from it, as against using 100% juice. But it would be cider, more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'd say you'd only get a low-grade cider from it, as against using 100% juice. But it would be cider, more or less.

Ok thanks i will test out making a small batch and report back on taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Tried a "from concentrate" one myself before. Was mouldy, even after a long time in the bottle, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Khannie wrote: »
    Tried a "from concentrate" one myself before
    Was it diluted down like this one though? i.e. more than usual

You have 3 types, "pressed", "from concentrate" and "drink". I think they legally have to put drink on ones diluted down more than their original water level. So you will see cheapo "cranberry drinks", since cranberry juice is so expensive to begin with.

Tesco have a sun sip range of dilutables now, one is 50% apple juice with added citric acid & flavouring. This would probably be a cheaper option than buying this diluted 1.5L juice. The 100% cheap tesco "from concentrate" is 99cent.

So you could add in this, sugar & citric acid and the dilutable 50% one, this dilutable stuff will have lots of extra flavouring in it as its intended to be well diluted. While if you got the 99cent and just watered down to 50% it would be lacking apple flavour.

But you are probably better waiting until lidl have their pressed stuff on offer. I am guessing the OP might have mistakenly thought this was 100% juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was in tesco and they have a new own brand, which is not blatantly labelled as tesco. The range is called "sun grown". 2 types of apple juice
    Sun Grown Pineapple Juice 1.5 Litre

Rest of Longlife Fruit Juice shelf
    €1.27 (€0.09/100ml)
    Add to basket

Quantity
    Add to basket
    Sun Grown Exotic Juice Drink 1.5 Large

Rest of Longlife Fruit Juice shelf
    €1.27 (€0.09/100ml)
    Add to basket

Quantity
    Add to basket