Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet Hot dogs at home?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Have a longing for a hot dog the last few days but tired of the plain old frankfurter out of supermarkets,any nicer gourmet hot dogs that i could get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

How about buying different kinds of sausages? I love a bratwurst with loads of caramelised onions, ketchup and mustard on a soft roll...drool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I make them with Bockwurst sausages from Lidl - and I fry them rather than boiling them, I think it makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

I make them with Bockwurst sausages from Lidl - and I fry them rather than boiling them, I think it makes a huge difference.

I am the same i always grill i don't like them boiled!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I haven't had them in a good while, I can find none with skins/casing that I like, its either like biting into a bicycle inner tube or its sort of not there at all, and too squishy because of this. The cheap really skinny ones are like this, no real skin on them. Dunnes had larger own brand ones which were OK, I think they were too short for the hot dog rolls, that really annoys me.

I want ones more like the german salami company ones, which I do not see much in shops anymore. I would not actually boil them, have on a low heat for a longer time.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Another vote for Lidl bockwurst, they're lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

You could gussy up the toppings as well, I ate here a few years ago and I drop back over to the website to perve on what goes onto their hotdogs fairly regularly.

Would swap a liver for a chili cheese dog right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

M&S have a range called posh dogs. Never tried em though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

They look epic

HT_FD_F38C_00926607_NC_X_EC_0?$PDP_PROD_IMAGE$

I want a hot dog so badly I have a headache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Are the brockwurst still in Lidl - I've not seen them in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They look epic
    they look like regular Irish sausages to me. http://www.marksandspencer.com/18-posh-dogs/p/p60045866

HT_FD_F38C_00926607_NC_X_EC_1?$PDP_MAXI_ZOOM$

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Are the brockwurst still in Lidl - I've not seen them in a while

The had plenty in the branch in Swords today - I got 2 packs.

Advertisement