Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kegging

Options
  • 10-03-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have an old King keg from a few years back that I ended up never using.

I am thinking of using it on one of my upcoming brews however a few quick questions to those of you much wiser than I ;)

Storage temperature: I assume keeping it where one would normally store their beer it would be sufficient? Location in this instance would be a relatively well ventilated cupboard.

Storage Times: How long can one expect the beer to last under best conditions assuming C02 is kept topped up and no leaks in the seals on the barrel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

i have a king keg as well i was thinking of using for an APA and was wondering how good it might be? Do you get an even pour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I have a king keg which I use every now and again.
    I store it in the same way as my bottled beer.
    It usually lasts about a month to 6 weeks from when I start drinking it and it's still good at the end.
    It's very important that the seals are working 100%.
    There are a few different types of keg, top and bottom tap, I've only used the top tap, works great.
    2 types of gas, small and large gas bottles. The small gas bottle type is the one where you screw in the little gas bulb and it all goes into the keg. The other is where you have a larger bottle and you can just give it a quick blast of gas.
    The larger bottle type gives much better control over the pour, the other type is not a bad pour though when you get the hang of it.
    If you're doing all grain brews then I would suggest adding some wheat for head retention.

Bw

Advertisement