Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1 Released

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

Much faster interface on iPad Air . See how long it lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

Hmm... My phone keeps dropping from my network (apple router) & seems slower since updating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I've been running since the beta, and this is a good upgrade. A few less crashes, they've toned down the brightness of iOS 7, and interesting new call answer/decline/hangup buttons, as well as power off buttons.

But the one huge feature, which is absolutely the best thing ever, is they've brought back the iOS 6 style calendar view for month view, meaning you can tap on a day and see what you're doing that day. Finally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody notice the new 'Slide to unlock' animation? Looks great imo. Just when you press the home button and the lock screen comes up. The shine going through the letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I was going to download it tonight but it was going to take 30 minutes via iTunes and I just didn't have the patience for it tonight! Will update tomorrow and see what it's like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Any improvement on battery life for ipad?
    Mines gone to hell since I upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Any improvement on battery life for ipad?
    Mines gone to hell since I upgraded.

What iPad do you have? The battery on my iPad Air is ridiculously good.

Keno wrote: »
    What iPad do you have? The battery on my iPad Air is ridiculously good.

I have ipad 3. The battery went from lasting 3-4 days on ios6 to lasting around 10 hours on ios7. It's not getting heavier use. It's just draining by the minute now. I've read that it's not an uncommon issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I have ipad 3. The battery went from lasting 3-4 days on ios6 to lasting around 10 hours on ios7. It's not getting heavier use. It's just draining by the minute now. I've read that it's not an uncommon issue.

How common is uncommon ? How many users out of the global total ?

Have you checked all the settings you used to have ? as they may have all been rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

No problems here. iPad Air battery is a dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

TouchID flawless since update

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Anyone try it out on a iPhone 4 yet? Just want to know if I should update it and will have no issues with battery or performance

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Piliger wrote: »

Have you checked all the settings you used to have ? as they may have all been rest.
    Genuine question: do you work for or have some sort of paid relationship with Apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

OU812 wrote: »
    Hmm... My phone keeps dropping from my network (apple router) & seems slower since updating

What phone did you update on? Anyone find it better on 4s yet or slower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

My 5S is running way faster and smoother since I updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Am I the only one who does not have any issues with these updates?

My battery life on my 4s is still the same.

Wifi is still working fine.

Animations are not any faster or slower.

Really wonder how many people just convince themselves that there are issues without there really being any.

Apple have not released this without testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

murpho999 wrote: »

That doesn't mean there won't be issues. They released iOS 7.0 after months of testing but it still had a lot of issues. No reason as to why 7.1 won't have any.

Personally I'm having no major issues but people with older devices might have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

murpho999 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who does not have any issues with these updates?

My battery life on my 4s is still the same.

Wifi is still working fine.

Animations are not any faster or slower.

Really wonder how many people just convince themselves that there are issues without there really being any.

Never had any major issues either except the odd home screen crash but it was so rare it wasn't an issue.

The animations are faster though, Apple have sped them up so it's not really a bug. That part has happened. It's easily noticeable to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Finding my iPhone 5 running a bit faster on 7.1

Not so sure on the new icons for call answering, however am sure will get used to them soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ironically, how often do you actually use your iPhone for making phone calls? I know I do about 20 minutes of calltime per month :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

McGrath5 wrote: »
    My 5S is running way faster and smoother since I updated.

Mine too, a dramatic boost in speed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

My 4 seems a smidge more responsive. The lag when typing is gone.

I did have to hard reset it after the update as apps wouldn't run, with one causing a freeze. Otherwise it seems good. Battery looks ok as well.

When googling solutions I came across many posts complaining of the same problem I was having. As I was just writing a boards post I'm afraid I didn't realise a global survey and accompanying frequency charts were necessary.

I have checked all of those and I have reset them to ensure it wasn't a setting. Of course it could still be a setting somewhere I suppose but none of the suggestions I've come across have helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm liking the new bounce animation when you pull up control centre and pull down notification centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ironically, how often do you actually use your iPhone for making phone calls? I know I do about 20 minutes of calltime per month :pac:

I called eMobile Monday to check what my average usage was. I have an unlimited plan so doesn't tell me. My average was a little over 20 hours per month

guil wrote: »
    I called eMobile Monday to check what my average usage was. I have an unlimited plan so doesn't tell me. My average was a little over 20 hours per month

13 hours since I got the phone in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just back from a run and the touch ID still doesn't like sweaty finger tips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭brevity

After a hiccup at the start, 7.1 is proving to be quite snappy. Impressed so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

how come on my IP5 the update was 200 odd mb, but on the GF's IP5 its 1.9gb!

• Advertisement

Just back from a run and the touch ID still doesn't like sweaty finger tips!

Not sure how software is going to fix that one.

Advertisement