Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1 Released

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

kceire wrote: »
    how come on my IP5 the update was 200 odd mb, but on the GF's IP5 its 1.9gb!
    Did one of you upgrade OTA and one in iTunes? Your girlfriend upgrading from an older iOS version than you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Is anyone else experiencing problems when opening email attachments since the update?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Did one of you upgrade OTA and one in iTunes? Your girlfriend upgrading from an older iOS version than you?

no, we were both OTA and both on the previous update from last month or so.
    Maysa07 wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing problems when opening email attachments since the update?

No, everything 100% here i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Piliger wrote: »
    Mmm.. I don't like updating over the air ... prefer hard wired in case of wifi outages, errors etc.

You'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

kceire wrote: »
    no, we were both OTA and both on the previous update from last month or so.

No, everything 100% here i'm afraid.

One of your devices just decided it needed to download the full OS rather than just the update. I had to do that to go from the 7.1 beta. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Not impressed with the battery so far. I did an OTA update and the battery life was poor. So I did a restore as new phone. From limited use this morning I'm down to 86% (iPhone 5).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Give it a few days to see if it settles down, it might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Yeah, I'll let it drain a couple of times and see does that help. I'm not all that optimistic, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

My iPhone 4 feels so snappy after this update . Fair play to apple for making such a good update for the iPhone .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone install it on an iPad 2? Sister in law has 7.0.5 and absolutely hates it, too slow etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    Anyone install it on an iPad 2? Sister in law has 7.0.5 and absolutely hates it, too slow etc.

Seems fine on mine, anyway, Guil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

whiterebel wrote: »
    Seems fine on mine, anyway, Guil.

Were you on iOS 7 beforehand or did you update straight to 7.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I have an iPhone 4s. And I can't see a blind bit of a difference. What changes are the supposed to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I have an iPhone 4s. And I can't see a blind bit of a difference. What changes are the supposed to be

Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

brophs wrote: »
    Not impressed with the battery so far. I did an OTA update and the battery life was poor. So I did a restore as new phone. From limited use this morning I'm down to 86% (iPhone 5).

Ha very strange I'd swear it's improved battery life on my 4s.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    Were you on iOS 7 beforehand or did you update straight to 7.1

Yes on 7.04(?) which had made it laggy. Seems to be better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's not bad shorter animations make it all feel snappier.
    The dialer however is an abomination.
    I know they love circles but do they have to replace every previously big easy to hit button with tiny circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Touch ID on my 5s has defo improved....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Stock Apps seem to open blazingly fast now on my iPad 3 - seems to be the biggest improvement I've noticed so far. I noticed now there is an ever so slight 'pause' when you exit an App back to the Home screen. The animation where the Apps 'Fall into place' (for lack of a better phrase) doesn't seem to be as instantaneous than it was before, but seems like an intentional change rather than a bug/lag. Nice to see the site are getting back to the speed and efficiency of iOS6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

One animation I miss is when you close an app and the icons fly by and shrink in the background. It now shows a blank screen and the apps flash up once the app has closed fully. I wish they'd left it the previous way, it was a nice little touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

DubDJ wrote: »
    One animation I miss is when you close an app and the icons fly by and shrink in the background. It now shows a blank screen and the apps flash up once the app has closed fully. I wish they'd left it the previous way, it was a nice little touch.

Does that not still happen when you turn reduce motion off?

Does that not still happen when you turn reduce motion off?

Nope, I used to be able to pinch to close apps and as they were closing the apps would fly by in the background. Now the screen behind is blank and once the app is closed the icons fly by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Blurry and pixelated icons would fly by. It was considered a bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

DubDJ wrote: »

Yeah, I kinda miss this too. But my biggest miss is the really thin font in iOS 7.0 beta 1.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody notice the camera app. The phone will warn you that it is about to use the flash if you take a pic in that particular position.

Little yellow box down the bottom of the screen appears :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah the shift key is a mess. I really don't know what they were thinking with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

This post has been deleted.

What is wrong with it ?

Yeah don't like the shift key either. Wish they would have the keys the same and then only highlight the shift key when it's pressed. It's still really confusing, one of the only parts of iOS 7 I didn't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Done today, like the look of it.

Advertisement