Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1 Released

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Piliger wrote: »
    What is wrong with it ?

It looks like it's on when it's not, I keep touching it to turn it off and end up turing it on instead. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

dloob wrote: »
    It looks like it's on when it's not, I keep touching it to turn it off and end up turing it on instead. :mad:

Dealing with change is part of dealing with life. I have been using it since day one. I send dozens of texts and emails each day and haven't even noticed and difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Dealing with change is part of dealing with life. I have been using it since day one. I send dozens of texts and emails each day and haven't even noticed and difference.

Keyboards generally have a light that comes on when you turn on Caps lock, and the way the shift button worked on iOS was the same. You pressed it and it lit up, the problem is now the shift is grey and white, and when you do turn it on it does the opposite and matches the rest of the keys.

I'd much prefer if they switched it so it was white and black and then turns grey and white when turned on. Makes much more sense IMO, plus a lot of people are used to the keyboard from the previous six versions of iOS so it's a long time using that to be giving this opposite method which seems to make little sense. :confused:

I don't generally resist change when it comes to stuff like this and I'll usually just get on with it and get use to the new ways to do things, but stuff like this that seem to make things more complicated don't sit well with me. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Has anyone notice that perspective zoom off doesn't entirely eliminate icon movement.

Also setting wallpapers on the 5s can be a bit laggy now.

And the photo app can still crash setting a wallpaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Still getting the odd Safari crash on iPad and 4s.

Now here's something I've been meaning to ask for a while, before 7.1 even, go into a text message thread and tap contact then voice call, does anyone else get around 3 second lag with just a background screen before it goes to the call screen?

• Advertisement

Now here's something I've been meaning to ask for a while, before 7.1 even, go into a text message thread and tap contact then voice call, does anyone else get around 3 second lag with just a background screen before it goes to the call screen?

Just tried it on my 5s and I get that too.

mad muffin wrote: »

Cool I thought maybe it was just the 4s lack of power or something.

Would anyone know what's the official way to report this to Apple?

No delay at all on iPhone5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No issue with that on my 5s

No delay at all on iPhone5.
    Aodhagan wrote: »
    No issue with that on my 5s

You don't get your wallpaper pop up for a second before the phone app opens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I updated last night on my 5S and the only noticeable difference is the slide to answer and the shift key. Can't say I've noticed anything else worthwhile. Waste of time and memory space by all accounts

Just tried again and yeah it shows up for half of a second and then goes to the call screen. Not 3 seconds like above. Wouldn't worry about it too much

Just tried again and yeah it shows up for half of a second and then goes to the call screen. Not 3 seconds like above. Wouldn't worry about it too much

I suppose.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

1 second, maybe, not 3 on a 5s.

Yeah it seems to be hit and miss tried it a few times there and it can be 2 seconds as well for me. Just curious really.

Anyway could anyone point me to the correct feedback method to Apple for iOS 7?

I suppose.

I can't get over the bug where multitasking screen shows safari on an older page that you're not currently viewing, even a page that has been deleted from history. It's so strange. Reported it but hasn't been fixed. Same with other apps like VLC and Photo's etc

I can't get over the bug where multitasking screen shows safari on an older page that you're not currently viewing, even a page that has been deleted from history. It's so strange. Reported it but hasn't been fixed. Same with other apps like VLC and Photo's etc

I've never seen that but I've seen similar in the mail app.

Nothing. Straight immediate transition to phone call. Tested it a few times.

Why is it a bug ? The double click to show the apps that are open shows a cached image. Why does it matter if it is the absolute last page or not ? It's purpose is not to be read as data but to simply show the app is open.

dloob wrote: »

I have looked at this again in more detail and am very confused as to what you are saying.

At the start of typing a message, the shift key is black, in clear contrast to all of the other keys grey. That is for the initial capital letter at the start of a sentence.

Once that letter is typed, the shift key goes back to grey, the same as the back space, and 123 and return, showing that the shift is off.

When you want to type a capital and tap on the shift key, it goes black again, and when you want all caps, and double tap it, it goes black with an extra underline.

In what way is this confusing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I had photos in my phone book that came up full screen when someone rang before the update now they are only a small bubble in the top right!

Any way to change it back?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5981752?tstart=0

Seems like you can't get it back. :mad:

Why the hell would they change that? Seriously!! I remember seeing posters for iOS 7 and they showed the full screen id on them.

Why is it a bug ? The double click to show the apps that are open shows a cached image. Why does it matter if it is the absolute last page or not ? It's purpose is not to be read as data but to simply show the app is open.

You think a webpage that was deleted from history and cache, showing up in multitasking view representing the safari icon isn't a bug? The same goes for the videos app showing a list of films in your library but they have all been deleted a week before.

Similarly often when I open Safari on my iPad it opens up on a random page that was open a week ago as well, not the last page visited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

One small gripe I have is with the Music app. i didn't like the way it changed in 7 so that when you selected 'artist' it didn't just list all the albums but included all the songs in each album as well. This was a pain if you had a load of albums of the one artist. It did list them chronologically (earliest to first) though which I think they've changed in 7.1 (unless there's some setting I've hit) to latest to earliest which i don't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

is itunes radio available on ios 7.1 here in ireland yet....cant seem to find it in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

eirlink wrote: »
    is itunes radio available on ios 7.1 here in ireland yet....cant seem to find it in it.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

One small gripe I have is with the Music app. i didn't like the way it changed in 7 so that when you selected 'artist' it didn't just list all the albums but included all the songs in each album as well. This was a pain if you had a load of albums of the one artist. It did list them chronologically (earliest to first) though which I think they've changed in 7.1 (unless there's some setting I've hit) to latest to earliest which i don't like.

I have the same issues with the Music app, its just terrible.

jenno86 wrote: »
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5981752?tstart=0

Seems like you can't get it back. :mad:

Why the hell would they change that? Seriously!! I remember seeing posters for iOS 7 and they showed the full screen id on them.

What a load of rubbish! Why in earth would they change it like that it was a very nice feature.

• Advertisement

jenno86 wrote: »
    I had photos in my phone book that came up full screen when someone rang before the update now they are only a small bubble in the top right!

Any way to change it back?!

I miss that too. Was a cool feature of 7.0

Advertisement