Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1 Released

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ye all must have stunning friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

This post has been deleted.

That makes no sense to me at all. ON is a clear dark black. OFF is same as other keys. I don't see a problem.
    I do think it works better with the dark keyboard.

7zVikN_thumb.jpg

(Images from MacWorld.)

Other than that I'm very happy with 7.1. The crashing I was experiencing most days hasn't occurred since updating.

Wasn't the dark keyboard done away with in 7.1 ? Or are you using an earlier beta ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Piliger wrote: »
    That makes no sense to me at all. ON is a clear dark black. OFF is same as other keys. I don't see a problem.

Wasn't the dark keyboard done away with in 7.1 ? Or are you using an earlier beta ?

The dark keyboard has never gone away. It's still there. The option to make it the default one came and went with the first two beta's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The dark keyboard has never gone away. It's still there. The option to make it the default one came and went with the first two beta's.

It is only available to individual apps correct ? The user has no control afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

It is only available to individual apps correct ? The user has no control afaik.

Yeah. It was available as an option for 7.1 beta 1. Nothing else. It is used in Spotlight & the App stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I have looked at this again in more detail and am very confused as to what you are saying.

At the start of typing a message, the shift key is black, in clear contrast to all of the other keys grey. That is for the initial capital letter at the start of a sentence.

Once that letter is typed, the shift key goes back to grey, the same as the back space, and 123 and return, showing that the shift is off.

When you want to type a capital and tap on the shift key, it goes black again, and when you want all caps, and double tap it, it goes black with an extra underline.

In what way is this confusing ?

Because in the previous version the key had no highlight at all when it was off, it was just an outline.
    Now it's lit up when it's off and you wonder did I turn it on somehow.
    Doesn't help that they do nothing to tell you that it's going to be different in 7.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Disaster for me folks, since updating, my wifi is completely gone, i.e. it won't even turn on. It came once at home and hasn't worked since. The little switch won't even turn to on.... anyone else have this problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Oddly after updating my iMessages seem to be disabled. No idea why it happened, but I certainly didn't change anything. Hopefully it won't keep happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My mobile data no longer works after updating to 7.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

tallus wrote: »
    My mobile data no longer works after updating to 7.1

It must have forgotten the settings. Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Network

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Disaster for me folks, since updating, my wifi is completely gone, i.e. it won't even turn on. It came once at home and hasn't worked since. The little switch won't even turn to on.... anyone else have this problem ?

No. Did a hard reset not improve ? May need a fresh install.

No. Did a hard reset not improve ? May need a fresh install.

What you mean by a hard reset exactly ?

What you mean by a hard reset exactly ?

Hold Home and power button until screen goes black .... and keep holding until the apple reappears, then let go. It often fixes deeper problems within the installation of the iOS.

Hold Home and power button until screen goes black .... and keep holding until the apple reappears, then let go. It often fixes deeper problems within the installation of the iOS.
    Just done it, no change

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

anybody know if there is a way of getting the wallpaper to cover the whole screen & not stop @ the bottom set of icons (phone/mail etc) ? quite annoying the new background cover down there & what's with when you've a notification on lock screen your wallpaper is now gone with a plain background colour (greyish in my case)

two needless changes imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

DermoMIO wrote: »
    anybody know if there is a way of getting the wallpaper to cover the whole screen & not stop @ the bottom set of icons (phone/mail etc) ? quite annoying the new background cover down there & what's with when you've a notification on lock screen your wallpaper is now gone with a plain background colour (greyish in my case)

two needless changes imo

Sounds like you have reduce transparency set to on.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

ios 7.1 has made my iPhone 4 soooo much better :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Obviously the developer's issue and not Apple's but the Nike+ running app keeps crashing on me since the 7.1 update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

After having battery issues on both my iPhone 4s and iPad 4 after the update, I let the batteries on both run down til dead then charged them both fully.

Battery is perfect now, even improved slightly than before the update.

Might help some having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

mad muffin wrote: »
    Sounds like you have reduce transparency set to on.

thats not it, i did change something when i upgraded to see what ever it was the article i was reading was on about but dunno what it was :confused::)

WIFI still screwed, anyone know if they have any plans to resolve the 7.1 problems??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

WIFI still screwed, anyone know if they have any plans to resolve the 7.1 problems??

Reset Network Settings and you should be fine.

After every single version and sub version of the iOS there are reports of wifi problems or battery problems or both or other. Doesn't necessarily mean it's an iOS problem. With complex software like this, minor errors happen in one in a million installations, and make lost of noise on forums online.
    If a hard reset and a resetting of wifi settings doesn't work, then a clean install is the next step, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone notice this? Usually it's either safari or Facebook. Can't start music from the control centre anymore

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Anyone notice this? Usually it's either safari or Facebook. Can't start music from the control centre anymore
    Plays fine for me, from Downcast.
    4N4YQb.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭robbe

miralize wrote: »
    Reset Network Settings and you should be fine.

Try forgetting your WiFi network and reconnecting - probably need to reenter the routers password - worked for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ok after saying i noticed bugger all difference a few days ago I have to concede that battery life is vastly improved.

On a normal usage day I get to about 7pm and the phone will be below 10% battery remaining and need charged if I want to use it. I charge the phone every night and so its at 100% in the morning. Today, being off all day, the phone got heavily used and I still have 20% remaining at midnight!

Advertisement