Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1 Released

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Sorry, I don't usually complain about stuff on forums etc, but have to say, ever since I upgraded to 7.1, the Facebook app constantly crashes as soon as I attempt to launch it, anyone else havin this issue? I've tried resetting the phone etc, but to no avail, can only access it via safari now. Not the end of the world, but when you're used to having it, you know how it is. Just annoying that I can't see my friends updates and communications not being readily accessible. Any help anyone can offer is very much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Sorry, I don't usually complain about stuff on forums etc, but have to say, ever since I upgraded to 7.1, the Facebook app constantly crashes as soon as I attempt to launch it, anyone else havin this issue? I've tried resetting the phone etc, but to no avail, can only access it via safari now. Not the end of the world, but when you're used to having it, you know how it is. Just annoying that I can't see my friends updates and communications not being readily accessible. Any help anyone can offer is very much appreciated.

facebook had an update this evening. Any improvement ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Piliger wrote: »
    facebook had an update this evening. Any improvement ?

Seems to be working fine now after the update actually. Thanks! 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

miralize wrote: »
    Reset Network Settings and you should be fine.

Tried it, no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads just wondering how much does your battery drain while web surfing on the phone since the update.

I find in standby it seems to be great, fully charged it, unpluged and 12 hours later still at 100%

However when I used it for example web browsing I think it might be draining faster than previously.

For example ten minutes of browsing and it drops about 3%? What are the rest of ye getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

anybody notice now since the update, when you receive a very long text message it doesn't show all of it? it shows a bit of it then you have to click the arrow to see the rest of it on a white screen? noticing new things about the all the time:o

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Lads just wondering how much does your battery drain while web surfing on the phone since the update.

I find in standby it seems to be great, fully charged it, unpluged and 12 hours later still at 100%

However when I used it for example web browsing I think it might be draining faster than previously.

For example ten minutes of browsing and it drops about 3%? What are the rest of ye getting?

Yep I get this as well too. Standby is fine but the minute I browse the web it stats to drain. Better than it used to be but I'm getting 4 hours tops which is mostly web browsing like news sites emails etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

In getting 3 hours of a browse any my batteries are gone to god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

numbernine wrote: »
    anybody notice now since the update, when you receive a very long text message it doesn't show all of it? it shows a bit of it then you have to click the arrow to see the rest of it on a white screen? noticing new things about the all the time:o

I love when you send a long text, the way it has a line-scan effect from left to right just before it sends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

7.1.1 is out now

Does anyone's Bluetooth turn on after each update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Did anyone need to put in pass codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Bluetooth gets turned on with all updates since iOS 7.

Yep - 7.1.1 has introduced passcode verification before downloading updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

mad muffin wrote: »

Yep I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Bluetooth gets turned on with all updates since iOS 7.

Yep - 7.1.1 has introduced passcode verification before downloading updates.

Surely it was with 7.1 if we had to put in a pass code to download 7.1.1

guil wrote: »
    Surely it was with 7.1 if we had to put in a pass code to download 7.1.1

You didn't need a passcode to download 7.1, it's new to this update.

Yeah I know that bit I was thinking it must of been added to iOS 7 if the pass code is needed to download 7.1.1 but I suppose it would probably be easy for them to do with OTA updates. Anyone do a full restore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

Hope there's a battery improvement with this update? After downloading 7.1 my iPad Air battery has gone to crap. It's ridiculous. Have to charge daily now even without any use. Before it would go a whole day without dropping below 60%.

Yeah I know that bit I was thinking it must of been added to iOS 7 if the pass code is needed to download 7.1.1 but I suppose it would probably be easy for them to do with OTA updates. Anyone do a full restore?

Oh yeah I see what you mean now. I'm getting a replacement 5s tomorrow so will probably do a full restore with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mad muffin wrote: »

Nope, downloaded OTA...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Nope, downloaded OTA...

That's interesting. Have you got a pass code set on the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have a pass code set on my IP5 and it asked for it when I clicked on the install OTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

From reddit on 7.1.1, not sure how accurate it is but its interesting http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/23qeqf/ios_711_behind_the_scenes_of_touch_id/
    Touch ID takes a 88x88 500ppi scan of your finger and temporarily sends that data to a secure cache located near the RAM, after the data is vectorized and forwarded to the secure enclave located on the top left of the A7 near the M7 processor it is immediately discarded after processing. The fingerprint scanner uses subdermal ridge flows (inner layer of skin) to prevent loss of accuracy if you were to have micro cuts or debris on your finger.
    With iOS 7.1.1 Apple now takes multiple scans of each position you place finger at setup instead of a single one and uses algorithms to predict potential errors that could arise in the future. Touch ID was supposed to gradually improve accuracy with every scan but the problem was if you didn't scan well on setup it would ruin your experience until you re-setup your finger. iOS 7.1.1 not only removes that problem and increases accuracy but also greatly reduces the calculations your iPhone 5S had to make while unlocking the device which means you should get a much faster unlock time.
    The purchase of authentec has given Apple a huge future advantage and touch ID is most likely a temporary place holder of a future display with an embedded fingerprint sensor
    edit: Here is the source about how touch ID works (starts on page 6) http://images.apple.com/ipad/business/docs/iOS_Security_Feb14.pdf[1] .
    The 2nd paragraphs source is magical ;)

A lot of what was posted above was discussed in the Keynote for the iPhone not exactly sure it's confidential information. I'm going to rescan all my prints now but the only time I've ever had an issue with Touch ID was when my finger was wet or sticky. Flawless otherwise at all angles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Aodhagan wrote: »
    A lot of what was posted above was discussed in the Keynote for the iPhone not exactly sure it's confidential information. I'm going to rescan all my prints now but the only time I've ever had an issue with Touch ID was when my finger was wet or sticky. Flawless otherwise at all angles.

The main bit is this
    With iOS 7.1.1 Apple now takes multiple scans of each position you place finger at setup instead of a single one and uses algorithms to predict potential errors that could arise in the future. Touch ID was supposed to gradually improve accuracy with every scan but the problem was if you didn't scan well on setup it would ruin your experience until you re-setup your finger. iOS 7.1.1 not only removes that problem and increases accuracy but also greatly reduces the calculations your iPhone 5S had to make while unlocking the device which means you should get a much faster unlock time.
    Makes sense

Never had a problem with Touch ID even if my hand was very sweaty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Nope...but do now

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement