Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

It's weird, because after that whole passport thing we know they read boards so they know we're itching for them. I wonder what's going on in Chapter House right now.

Lunch & laughter I imagine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

It's weird, because after that whole passport thing we know they read boards so they know we're itching for them. I wonder what's going on in Chapter House right now.

It's still not definite there out today though is it. I am sure if one of us called up they would confirm if results are out today or not.

It could be tomorrow yet. Or even Wednesday... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do ye want a new thread for results etc or just leave it at this one?

Maybe a new one when they are out or it'd fill up with us trying to pass the time!

But to be honest, I don't think many will mind a new thread or using this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do ye want a new thread for results etc or just leave it at this one?

Stage 4 one even?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Heard from a very reliable source that they are out today.... best of luck everyone. :-D

I hope you know you'll be held personally responsible for building all of our hopes up if it's not today! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

I hope you know you'll be held personally responsible for building all of our hopes up if it's not today! Haha

Definitely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Oh my god. Feeling so guilty for posting that and nothing out yet.... well they work in a certain place so I assumed they'd know what they were talking about..... sorry if they (and in turn me) are wrong....

Oh my god. Feeling so guilty for posting that and nothing out yet.... well they work in a certain place so I assumed they'd know what they were talking about..... sorry if they (and in turn me) are wrong....

Swiftly into reverse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Swiftly into reverse!!

Not reverse at all. That's what I was told and it is someone in the know so I trusted their word... That's all. :-(

Not reverse at all. That's what I was told and it is someone in the know so I trusted their word... That's all. :-(

There's still time & if not today then probably tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Zadie10 wrote: »
    There's still time & if not today then probably tomorrow! :)

I would hate if it was tomorrow; another day of waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Well I got my results at 7pm the lady time so there is still time for us to get them. The wait is so hard. I can't concentrate on anything else is so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Has anyone phoned them on the line given on the publicjobs.ie homepage? I'd have called already only for I've been in work all day and can't get out to make a call. I doubt they'd be allowed to tell us anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mistabutts

Any updates nah??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a substantial period but I've decided to emerge from the shadows. I hope you all appreciate that this is a very noble sacrifice as I had decided, for superstitious reasons, not to post prior to the release of results. I hadn't posted for any of the previous rounds and they went okay, so I figured that if my methods weren't broke there was no need to fix them.

Anyway, just to let you know, I rang PAS around lunchtime this afternoon. The woman at the help desk told me that she didn't know when the results would be released, and that PAS are awaiting correspondence from AGS. Not exactly sure what this process entails/what exactly she meant, but it's what she told me.

I really can't hack this wait any longer, I am becoming so irritable and neurotic, very difficult to focus on anything else at this point. I am much more hopeful than expectant, and don't think I'll be invited to Stage 4, but at least the grieving process will be accelerated if the results are released sooner.

Best of luck to all!

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a substantial period but I've decided to emerge from the shadows. I hope you all appreciate that this is a very noble sacrifice as I had decided, for superstitious reasons, not to post prior to the release of results. I hadn't posted for any of the previous rounds and they went okay, so I figured that if my methods weren't broke there was no need to fix them.

Anyway, just to let you know, I rang PAS around lunchtime this afternoon. The woman at the help desk told me that she didn't know when the results would be released, and that PAS are awaiting correspondence from AGS. Not exactly sure what this process entails/what exactly she meant, but it's what she told me.

I really can't hack this wait any longer, I am becoming so irritable and neurotic, very difficult to focus on anything else at this point. I am much more hopeful than expectant, and don't think I'll be invited to Stage 4, but at least the grieving process will be accelerated if the results are released sooner.

Best of luck to all!

Ha, good man. Sounds like middle management in both outfits are trying to avoid making a decision!

Maybe I have an extremely naive level of faith in the efficiency of the Irish public sector, but I reckon all concerned parties are obliged to keep their cards close to their chest, and that a date/time of release must have been established by someone a this point. And that point is surely today, right? Right?!?!?! ANYBODY?!?!?!?!... I need a Valium.

Maybe I have an extremely naive level of faith in the efficiency of the Irish public sector, but I reckon all concerned parties are obliged to keep their cards close to their chest, and that a date/time of release must have been established by someone a this point. And that point is surely today, right? Right?!?!?! ANYBODY?!?!?!?!... I need a Valium.

We all do. :( I'm away with the fairies all day running different outcomes through my mind. I just want to know now and the more I read this thread the worse I feel about it. DAMN REPORT WRITING!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Best of luck to all who are waiting for their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jones10

I emailed Public jobs and just after getting the reply
    'Results will not be issued today but will be issued at some stage this week'

• Advertisement

jones10 wrote: »

Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I can't cope. I can't believe we have to wait even longer.

**** it. Thanks for letting us know anyway!

Thank you for posting! Extremely frustrating stuff really but at least we have a better idea where we stand. Maybe now I can finally get some work done or go to the gym without getting sick everywhere. Out of curiosity, what did you e-mail them? We should e-mail them at 9 sharp every morning so that we don't have to spend 9-5 each day under a cloud of apprehension.

Another day waiting. Can't handle it anymore.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Folks, didn't make it too far in this competition (band 2 at the first stage) but I have done the Reserve process and sadly this type of pissing about the place is what you future recruits will have to get accustomed to within AGS and this process. I have developed a calm metal state and when they are ready type of approach.

Just sit back and when they are released they are released. Just relax the results will be out this week.

Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Thank you for posting! Extremely frustrating stuff really but at least we have a better idea where we stand. Maybe now I can finally get some work done or go to the gym without getting sick everywhere. Out of curiosity, what did you e-mail them? We should e-mail them at 9 sharp every morning so that we don't have to spend 9-5 each day under a cloud of apprehension.

Maybe if people had a bit of patience and waited to be notified instead of wasting PAS time having to answer the e mails and telephone calls the results would come quicker

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Maybe if people had a bit of patience and waited to be notified instead of wasting PAS time having to answer the e mails and telephone calls the results would come quicker

Wow, what a good point. We really are being so unreasonable by phoning the helpline set up by PAS for the specific purpose of general inquiries about the Garda Trainee programme. They're bound to be furious. Also, it is almost certain that there is just one person working on this in the PAS office, who's interrupted from the task of releasing results with each phone call to the helpline. It's not as if there is a highly trained team, consisting of several members, one of which is delegated the task of operating the helpline, whilst the others work on other matters relating to the Garda Trainee programme. And finally, it isn't as if I posted earlier and said that I was informed by PAS this afternoon that they are awaiting word from AGS, and that the matter of a release date is effectively out of their hands at this moment.

It is very difficult for people to be patient in this instance. We've waited until mid-April, and it's obviously no understatement to say these results may have a defining effect on the lives of those who get through, so I think we're well within our rights to try and ascertain some sliver of information on the matter. Thank you.

Wow, what a good point. We really are being so unreasonable by phoning the helpline set up by PAS for the specific purpose of general inquiries about the Garda Trainee programme. They're bound to be furious. Also, it is almost certain that there is just one person working on this in the PAS office, who's interrupted from the task of releasing results with each phone call to the helpline. It's not as if there is a highly trained team, consisting of several members, one of which is delegated the task of operating the helpline, whilst the others work on other matters relating to the Garda Trainee programme. And finally, it isn't as if I posted earlier and said that I was informed by PAS this afternoon that they are awaiting word from AGS, and that the matter of a release date is effectively out of their hands at this moment.

It is very difficult for people to be patient in this instance. We've waited until mid-April, and it's obviously no understatement to say these results may have a defining effect on the lives of those who get through, so I think we're well within our rights to try and ascertain some sliver of information on the matter. Thank you.

You're going into the wrong job if you can be patient and wait for the system to run its course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Mid April is tomorrow, the 15th, 30 days in the month, so I reckon tomorrow

You're going into the wrong job if you can be patient and wait for the system to run its course.

Sorry, I'll endeavour to emulate your level of virtuousness should I be so lucky as to advance to Stage 4.

Seriously, try not to be so sanctimonious. It's not as if I've been pestering and haranguing PAS for the past month, I've made one phone call. I totally appreciate the need for the system to run its course, but I was able to undertake a measure which put myself more 'in the know', and that's hardly something to be pilloried over.

If it is causing them that much hassle they can simply put a message on the Public Jobs homepage, as per Stage 1 results.

And obviously, as already mentioned, they did set up a specific line for Garda Trainee enquiries!!

You have no business in here santa cruz

sling your hook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

Alright folks, let's jump back on topic. Everyone is understandably a little stressed, etc

-KERSPLAT!

Sorry, I'll endeavour to emulate your level of virtuousness should I be so lucky as to advance to Stage 4.

Seriously, try not to be so sanctimonious. It's not as if I've been pestering and haranguing PAS for the past month, I've made one phone call. I totally appreciate the need for the system to run its course, but I was able to undertake a measure which put myself more 'in the know', and that's hardly something to be pilloried over.

Really all slagging etc. aside I can't but be sceptical as every government uses Garda recruitment as a vote catching exercise. Between now and the local elections I have no doubt some Government lackey will wheel out the "we're recruiting 500 new Gardai" line.

It surely isn't beyond the PAS and Garda HRM to be able to give a simple timetable of Stage results, interviews and expected commencement dates for entry Templemore. And while they are at it give some indication of recruitment numbers for the forseeable future

• Advertisement

You have no business in here santa cruz

sling your hook

I thought KERSPLAT was the moderator. Congratulations on your appointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I thought KERSPLAT was the moderator. Congratulations on your appointment

I am the mod, post off topic again and there'll be a card :)

-KERSPLAT!

Is this kind of speculation going to be a daily thing?

Better keep myself occupied tomorrow or else I'll go mad, like today! Well, I'll at least attempt something productive.

BRB wrote: »
    Is this kind of speculation going to be a daily thing?

Better keep myself occupied tomorrow or else I'll go mad, like today! Well, I'll at least attempt something productive.

Today it started with someone saying they had a source that said it was coming today. I don't think it will be believed next time unless pac come out and say it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Morning everyone... here we go, another day of phone checking, email checking and boards checking ;)

Have a good day ya'll :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

The Grab one emails are going to make me go mad :( raising my hopes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arsenal.fc

Hi, first time on this best of luck to every one my pots are gone waiting.

arsenal.fc wrote: »
    Hi, first time on this best of luck to every one my pots are gone waiting.

Tragic user name - i hope you didnt self destruct during stage 3 or will you bottle stage 4?

:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Tragic user name - i hope you didnt self destruct during stage 3 or will you bottle stage 4?

:o)

The thing about arsenal is they always try to walk the ball into the net...I'll get my coat, good luck to everyone with results.

AGSI on radio today claiming there is no funding for 300new gards, no money for equipment, staff etc

spanner in the works

AGSI on radio today claiming there is no funding for 300new gards, no money for equipment, staff etc

spanner in the works

Just read alon those lines here: http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2014/0415/ireland/gardai-fear-training-will-be-done-aposon-cheapapos-265367.html

spanner in the works

Era, they have a vested interest in saying that. I wouldn't get too worried!

Era, they have a vested interest in saying that. I wouldn't get too worried!

Politicians tend not to disclose this..maybe theyre uncovering the behind the scene tribulations

but yes, as far as im concerned its full steam ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I've my gear already I could save them a few bob lol I reckon if any reserves get in wel be told bring the gear with ya haha

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Got my results unfortunately didn't get through!

• Advertisement
Advertisement