Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

mycro89 wrote: »
    How many go forward now?? Was it straight pass or fail?

No One knows; the explanation part that's supposed to be clickable wasn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

No One knows; the explanation part that's supposed to be clickable wasn't!

They sent it on in a separate email! But it didnt say how many got through, just the pass figures.

The scoring explanation was just emailed to my actual email address (not a public jobs message) and it doesn't say how many went through just that 400 was the minimum for report writing and job sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Hahahaha I got through :D the wait is over men, templemore is within sights!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hands_shaking

Well, I placed 272 and am through to the next stage ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I went and checked my emails on my phone this morning.
    Newest message in inbox from publicjobs.
    "Unfortunately you have not reached the qualifying standard", etc
    Feeling like ****, I come on here to see how others got on.
    See everyone posting about the mistake and how it's been fixed.
    I went back and checked my emails on my phone again.
    Top email is still from public jobs and when I open it it's still the same rejection.
    Keep trying for the last half hour and getting the same result.
    Come back here to post about it on my laptop.
    Open up gmail on the laptop for a minute.
    Correct email is actually sitting in my inbox for 35 minutes.

fecking gmail mobile site opens messages with the oldest entry in a conversation first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 smc87

Hi everyone,

I'm very confused. My emails were in the order of, telling me there was a mistake, telling me I'm in, telling me I didn't make it. I called the help line and the lady said in an hour I would get a confirmation email, but since I got one yes email- I was likely to be in. But now I'm a little worried that everyone seems to have their emails... Has everyone got them? I passed everything but I only placed 304.

If I'm through and fail the medical on my heart it their fault! :D

I think if both verbal & inductive results have been verified & you have achieved a 'pass' in both report writing & job simulation, and have been given a ranking, then you are still in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

Got the e.mails, Passed all but the verbal reasoning was not verified:( i am gutted to say the least, hard that they can fail someone because onE test is outside the expected score

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

Genuinely farcical morning. Very blessed and relieved to have finally passed as I really did not give a proper account of myself on the day. Wasn't surprised to have 'failed', as I really had no idea how it had gone. My heart goes out to all of you who haven't been fortunate enough to advance to Stage 4. A very cruel blow to suffer.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone missed it there's a stage 4 thread open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

So 400 was the pass mark for report writing?!

timmy99 wrote: »

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

No I scored in 300s in report writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

Lojak wrote: »
    No I scored in 300s in report writing.

And did you pass?!

And did you pass?!

There is no overall minimum qualifying score for report writing - candidates are required to reach the qualifying standard in each of the four assessment criteria (accuracy, layout, content, literacy).

And did you pass?!

Ye, in the seperate email it explains that there was no minimum pass in report writing. It depends how you did on the individual components of it.

No it says there is no overall min qualifying score - as long as it says 'pass' underneath your score you have passed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Porfar19

Ye, in the seperate email it explains that there was no minimum pass in report writing. It depends how you did on the individual components of it.

I got 452 in report and still failed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Report Writing Exercise

The report writing exercise had four scoring criteria as laid out in the familiarisation material and candidates had to reach an acceptable standard on each criterion to pass the Report Writing Exercise. The scoring criteria were:

• Accuracy

• Structure and Layout

• Content

• Literacy/ Spelling/ language/ punctuation

The score set out in your result letter for the Report Writing Exercise is a combination of the scores you achieved on each of the above criteria. There is no overall minimum qualifying score in this Exercise, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each of the four criteria.

Please note that it is possible for one candidate to get a higher total score than another candidate in this Exercise and yet not qualify because they did not meet the standard on one or more of the four scoring criteria.

• Advertisement

Porfar19 wrote: »
    I got 452 in report and still failed

I presume its all to do with the fact that for example your layout could score 100% but you might only have 10% of information. But I could be wrong. Sorry to hear you failed heartbreaking at this stage, was sure I would be in same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Porfar19

I presume its all to do with the fact that for example your layout could score 100% but you might only have 10% of information. But I could be wrong. Sorry to hear you failed heartbreaking at this stage, was sure I would be in same boat.

Has anyone been in touch with pas about getting feedback on report writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thehappyfecker

so for those of us who were less fortunate can anyone surmise whether there will be another recruitment drive, or just use the final 300 as a panel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

so for those of us who were less fortunate can anyone surmise whether there will be another recruitment drive, or just use the final 300 as a panel ?

There will not be another recruitment drive until about 2016. The current drive is meant to cover 3 years worth of recruitment according to the government. There are several thousand people still in limbo at the moment waiting to advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

That was a cruel trick played by PJ today. But for those of you who didn't make it through to stage 4 we all now truly know how you feel. Counting my lucky stars tonight. Interview will be the final challenge for me, but the toughest yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

That was a cruel trick played by PJ today. But for those of you who didn't make it through to stage 4 we all now truly know how you feel. Counting my lucky stars tonight. Interview will be the final challenge for me, but the toughest yet.

I think we should all be allowed bypass the interview due to the stress and strain we suffered unfairly today!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

There might be cause for civil action after today. Mental trauma!

There might be cause for civil action after today. Mental trauma!

Someone in PAS should get a reprimand for the incompetence.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Cool the jets there. A messed up mail-merge hurt your feelings. Let's not get the gallows out just yet.

• Advertisement

Cool the jets there. A messed up mail-merge hurt your feelings. Let's not get the gallows out just yet.

It didn't hurt my feelings mate - I haven't been called to stage 3 yet. Doesn't take away from the fact someone made a big cock up and deserves a bollocking.

mfergus wrote: »
    Although there was a major cock up, they did extremely well to rectify such a big problem in such a small time period.

In a campaign this size there was always going to be an error or two. They solved the problem fast and everyone has been contacted(I believe?). Problem solved. Let he without sin cast the first stone.

If someone had of bothered to check before they hit send - surely it is standard practice. I won't join you in praising them for fixing an amateurish mistake of their own making. People were genuinely confused and upset thinking that they had been eliminated. It shouldn't have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Lads and Ladies I'm close to vomiting after all that and im not even in the top 600 :) Well done to all who made it through :) and commiserations to those who didn't :(

Very much looking forward to tedious boring day today..

jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How many progressed ?

How many progressed ?

Id love to know

lowest i heard was near 300 in the rankings

anyone on here below that?

• Advertisement

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Id love to know

lowest i heard was near 300 in the rankings

anyone on here below that?

If that is so then it is good news for you all.

Basically a 1 in 3 chance of making it.

I would bite your hand off for them odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

redout wrote: »
    If that is so then it is good news for you all.

Basically a 1 in 3 chance of making it.

I would bite your hand off for them odds.

If that is the case, then would ye think the other bands from stage 1 and 2 getting a look in going forward over the next three years?

If that is the case, then would ye think the other bands from stage 1 and 2 getting a look in going forward over the next three years?

If it was only circa 300 called for interview then I would imagine that those who ranked 600-1,200 will get called for stage 3 during the summer. 300 seems too small a number to get two batches of 105 i.e. 210 July and October.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

redout wrote: »
    If it was only circa 300 called for interview then I would imagine that those who ranked 600-1,200 will get called for stage 3 during the summer. 300 seems too small a number to get two batches of 105 i.e. 210 July and October.

I would say PAS won't know this until the see the suitability of candidates who progressed to stage 4. I would like to think after this initial intake in July & October the pressure will be of them in some respects and they can start giving more information on what numbers will be involved for the rest of the recruitment. They may starting bringing more than 600 a time through the stages. There are still people who ranked 10,000 in initial stage 1 test in the competition. If the plan was to only bring 600 forward for each intake then it was pointless and unfair keeping these people in the competition.

If the Economy continues to grow I can see an increase in the amount of recruits taken on. This would likely be announced closer to the next general election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

When will stage 3 be complete ? ( not the Irish Stream )

• Advertisement

The lowest place person I saw here that was through to the next round was in the early 300s. Can anyone go lower? Just trying to get a better handle on how many went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

When will stage 3 be complete ? ( not the Irish Stream )

It is complete. 300+ sent forward to Stage 4 for interview stage.

I would think some people who qualified at stage 2 but were outside the top 600 will be doing stage 3 later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

The ones from the irish stream are to get their results yet,there going to get them before the 24th April, they were part of the 600 that were left, so i dont think its complete yet

Doyle06 wrote: »
    The ones from the irish stream are to get their results yet,there going to get them before the 24th April, they were part of the 600 that were left, so i dont think its complete yet

No, that's not true. They are in addition to the 600 and are being ran seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

well the day I did stage 3 that question was asked and we were told that 480 had got through in English stream and that the 120 in irish stream that made up the 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Consy90

Wonder has band 2 stage 3 any chance on being called in.

To my knowledge nobody has been screened/vetted.

Anyone know how many got through to the next stage?

Consy90 wrote: »
    Wonder has band 2 stage 3 any chance on being called in.

Band 2 from stage 3?

It was pass or fail.

Who are the band 2 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Consy90

Sorry the 600 - 3100 of stage 2

Consy90 wrote: »
    Sorry the 600 - 3100 of stage 2

PAS said during stage 3 thats 601 to 1200 were most def going to called in towards the end of the year

it was an off the cuff remark but it was said none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amlk

I went through the irish stream and got results on Tuesday

• Advertisement
Advertisement