Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

amlk wrote: »
    I went through the irish stream and got results on Tuesday

Did you already qualify through the normal stream though? If so, then that is why you got them. I don't recall anybody else on here from the Irish stream stating that they received them. Somebody mentioned 24th April I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Isn't it on the PAS home page that the irish stream will receive results on the 24th. Next week. At least they know a date. Everyone else guessed and stressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Isn't it on the PAS home page that the irish stream will receive results on the 24th. Next week. At least they know a date. Everyone else guessed and stressed

How did u get on Ann?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amlk

redout wrote: »
    Did you already qualify through the normal stream though? If so, then that is why you got them. I don't recall anybody else on here from the Irish stream stating that they received them. Somebody mentioned 24th April I think.

When I contacted Pas asking them about the irish stream they told me that the irish will not be assessed until the interview stage and until then everyone was going through the normal stream as they didn't no the level of people's irish..I'm a bit confused now as to the "irish" stream as I was told I was in both..
    Is it a case that some people failed at earlier stages but got a re sit due to applying as having irish???

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

its probably because the irish stream sat the stage 3 a week after the English stream, they probably corrected them after all English ones were corrected, yea we were told that there was no difference between English and irish stream at this stage and everyone would be marked the same, its my understanding that there kept separate because they need a minimum 10% fluent irish speakers to go into Templemore, its just to make sure they get that, but im sure if more than 10% scored well then there could be more of them go through as there more than likely all fluent in English too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amlk

If they were kept separate then I would of done the tests with the irish stream..

Can anyone gone through the "irish stream" verify what there understanding of it is??

D Trent wrote: »
    How did u get on Ann?

Got in grand D... you ? You get on ok ? Tough day on tuesday ! Jes...stressballz !

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Got in grand D... you ? You get on ok ? Tough day on tuesday ! Jes...stressballz !

Delighted for ya.
    No sure I'm stage 2 band 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Is this to be only band 1's campaign for the next three years?

• Advertisement

mycro89 wrote: »
    Is this to be only band 1's campaign for the next three years?

Yet again mycro you ask a question that nobody here is able to answer.

Your only going to get speculation in reply, not fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Yet again mycro you ask a question that nobody here is able to answer.

Your only going to speculation in reply, not fact.

Only asking, someone could have stated something to those that were called to the assessment centre....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

Just got an email with date for my stage 3 exams, quick question has anybody from the 1st batch been able to change the date of their exam in chapter house?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

Hello, unfortunatly you will not be able to change the date, if u want the job bad enough ur gonna have to make the time

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

are you in the 600-1192 batch ?, if so is stage 2 not next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

sory , yes you have already done stage 2--that's what placed you where you are. stage 3 is next

• Advertisement

Copaholic wrote: »
    sory , yes you have already done stage 2--that's what placed you where you are. stage 3 is next

What band are u in copaholic

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

fergie199 wrote: »
    Hello, unfortunatly you will not be able to change the date, if u want the job bad enough ur gonna have to make the time
    I thought that but was hoping otherwise as im away and its gonna cost me €300 to get home the day be4

g_doolin wrote: »
    I thought that but was hoping otherwise as im away and its gonna cost me €300 to get home the day be4

Aww well no changing unfortunatly

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

Got my email today saying Band 1 Group 2 Stage 3. Up to the chapter house in Dublin in 2 weeks for stage 3 :)

Flynners89 wrote: »
    Got my email today saying Band 1 Group 2 Stage 3. Up to the chapter house in Dublin in 2 weeks for stage 3 :)

Well congratulations, it's a tough test enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

g_doolin wrote: »

What's the harm in trying. Email or ring chapter house and provide proof of flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't think they'll change but I'd definitely try!

Did any1 here go down for the retesting of stage 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Did any1 here go down for the retesting of stage 3

Yeah, a couple did alright. Couldn't tell you who though!

Yeah, a couple did alright. Couldn't tell you who though!

Just curious as to where they stand now given that they passed the re-test

Just curious as to where they stand now given that they passed the re-test

Sorry, I misread. I have no idea if anyone took a retest sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

I've had a good read through this thread regarding Stage 3 and maybe I have missed it but I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long the video is that the report writing is based on?
    I know we have 30 mins to write up the report after but just curious how long the video will be - i.e. how much information will they relay, that we have to make note of.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I dont think many people were discussing that as when we were doing stage 3 we had to sign to secrecy and not discuss what went on in stage 3. I imagine it will be the same for this current group going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

best of luck to all

we warmed em up for yas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

for the life of me i cant remember what i used to average on SHL but iv been gettin between 3.7 and 3.88 each time on those practice tests anyone remember if that was a decent score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Yes anything in or around 3.51 and 4.5 was a very good score.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

cheers mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Lads,

just had a read of the familiarisation material for this and it mentions
    1. If you are claiming eligibility for the Garda Trainee under your Leaving Certificate (LC) please bring your Examination number with you (this can be found on your LC results certificate).

Not sure what they mean here, does everyone need to bring their Exam no. with them? I sat my LC about 15 yrs ago...not sure where to find it..! Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

We had to submit our actual leaving cert results which had our exam and candidate number on them.

They may be saving people having to do this by just getting the exam number and cross referencing with the awards body.

In any case you can request a reissue of your cert online. Costs about 14 euro and takes two weeks. I had to do this because I brought the little yellow slip of provisional results issued by my school rather than my actual leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jenny13

Any one any idea where I could find the link to practise the aptitude tests? I found a Facebook page last week, where a guy gave the link to the page that I think was the one we received in the emails but can't for the life of me find it again!
    Also can't find the link in my emails :/
    Thanks!

Jenny13 wrote: »
    Any one any idea where I could find the link to practise the aptitude tests? I found a Facebook page last week, where a guy gave the link to the page that I think was the one we received in the emails but can't for the life of me find it again!
    Also can't find the link in my emails :/
    Thanks!

Hey Jenny,
    The website is www.shldirect.com
    then you just log on like you did for the stage 2 tests etc. Username and the likes. Then click on verbal reasoning or inductive and that should be you

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Lads,

just had a read of the familiarisation material for this and it mentions

Not sure what they mean here, does everyone need to bring their Exam no. with them? I sat my LC about 15 yrs ago...not sure where to find it..! Thanks

If you just give the dept of education a ring they will give you your LC number pretty hassle free!

StevieF3 wrote: »
    If you just give the dept of education a ring they will give you your LC number pretty hassle free!

Thanks, will do.

What are people wearing to this, I would have though jeans/t-shirt as its not an interview, or should you be wearing shirt/slacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

There was a real mixed bag in regards to how people were dressed when I was there, some were wearing suits and then others werre extremely casual. I wouldn't worry too much about it in any case.

• Advertisement

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Thanks, will do.

What are people wearing to this, I would have though jeans/t-shirt as its not an interview, or should you be wearing shirt/slacks?

Yeah, it's all fairly faceless. Within reason whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Anyone studying for stage 3 think it is unfair that on the verbal reasoning we have no practice material provided to us? The SHL website where we were doing practice tests for stage 2 have changed their type of verbal reasoning practice test.

How are we supposed to match our scores from stage 2 (which we done nearly 6 months ago) if they took down the practice material?

How did anyone get on today? Found it all fine apart from the las 10 or so questions in the shapes test...seemed to be harder than I remembered last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Many days of stage 3 left for this group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jenny13

3fullback wrote: »
    Many days of stage 3 left for this group ?

At least Thursday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Does anyone know what numbers are in motion at the minute? As in stages or bands or numbers please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I'm really anxious to get my results for this stage now . They said early August , I'm hoping tomorrow but who knows . I guess it will be within the next week :/

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    I'm really anxious to get my results for this stage now . They said early August , I'm hoping tomorrow but who knows . I guess it will be within the next week :/

I'd say Friday we'll get results, but I think we'll have to wait a little longer for an interview date

I'd say Friday we'll get results, but I think we'll have to wait a little longer for an interview date

Yes I think it will more likely be Friday . I hope I do get through . I'm worried about the report writing part :/

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    Yes I think it will more likely be Friday . I hope I do get through . I'm worried about the report writing part :/

How much did you write? I found it to be simplistic enough but that doesn't mean I passed it, it's anyone's guess. Wat are u worried about

How much did you write? I found it to be simplistic enough but that doesn't mean I passed it, it's anyone's guess. Wat are u worried about

I would love to discuss it but I would get in trouble . Let's just say I think I missed something important out , but who knows . I'm not feeling very positive about it but then again I said that in the other rounds aswell but here I am :) what date did you do the exams ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement