Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

so has anyone appealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

mrDerek wrote: »
    so has anyone appealed?

I have emailed in so will find out in the next few days I guess, not putting up much hope but I had to give it a try as I have come this far and to lose out on an "unverified" result yet pass everything else is a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ye im in the same boat, what grounds did you use for your appeal im trying to think of something but alls i can think of is ah heyurr gives another chance lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

ye im in the same boat, what grounds did you use for your appeal im trying to think of something but alls i can think of is ah heyurr gives another chance lol

Well don't lie anyway you'll be caught out. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

ye im in the same boat, what grounds did you use for your appeal im trying to think of something but alls i can think of is ah heyurr gives another chance

I just argued the point that an unverified score essentially is them saying you possibly cheated

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

Best of luck with your appeals ! Fingers crossed for you . I think you have a decent chance of a re sit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    Best of luck with your appeals ! Fingers crossed for you . I think you have a decent chance of a re sit :)

If ye appeal then why don't all the others that are placed in other bands (left in limbo appeal also) I think once you are gone, unfortunately you are gone this time round, hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully things work out for you with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

mycro89 wrote: »
    If ye appeal then why don't all the others that are placed in other bands (left in limbo appeal also) I think once you are gone, unfortunately you are gone this time round, hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully things work out for you with it

Because if they're in a band, then that means that they would have passed. Why would you appeal it if you didn't fail?

Also, regarding your second point, other people on here have appealed successfully, so I wouldn't write off their chances just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If you just didn't do well then it's kinda tough luck but if it's down to verification on your previous assessments, then go for it.

I would definitely appeal. I can understand why they failed some people but those people have the right to appeal and put their case forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Interviews for stage 4 just released. Got mine in the middle of September.

Edit:/ Don't forget this important detail.
    You must complete the Interview Form and return it to [email] garda email @publicjobs.ie[/email] by Friday 22nd August, 2014. Late forms will not be accepted.

The Interview Form should be returned by email in PDF format only with Interview Form typed in the subject bar.

The Interview Form must be titled CandidateID_Firstname_Surname, (e.g. 012345678_Joe_Bloggs).
    To access this form please click on the link below.

Interview forms that are emailed to this office in the incorrect format will be returned to the sender

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

Xios wrote: »
    Interviews for stage 4 just released. Got mine in the middle of September.

Nice! Hope to hear from them shortly

I just got my interview date as well . Just before mid-September ! Scary ! :)

Long way to go yet folks, im just of the phone with them there, according to HRM there are roughly 240 successful candidates that passed their from the very begining, Thats aptitude, fitness, interview, medicals etc.

Out of the 240, the first intake is going to be 100, Nice chunk outta the 240 eh?

Thats leaves around 140 people still ahead of all of us, Granted there are some in the first intake who will drop out, fail at certain tests etc on average i suspect out of the 100 around 15-20 will fail or quit, if it is early into their training then they will pluck a few from the people waiting for the 2nd intake but once they are 3 weeks into training they they will only work with what they have.

The next intake will most likely be around 100 again and yes there will be a few fails and quitters there also, but HRM have no idea of when that 2nd intake is going to happen as it is entirely up to the government, suspicions are that it could happen in November if not the New Year, so what does that mean for us you ask?????

It means that chances of any of us gettin in this year are pretty slim, Zero to be brutally honest which means next year and will depend on when the government feel they can fund another Intake.

Trust me i am not trying to be a wet towel here, far from it, i just like to know where i stand in the pecking order and thought some of you might be the same, congratulations to all who received their interview dates and for those still awaiting them, dont be freaking out! they are on their way and it means nothing that others have received them first.

Thanks for reading
    Fergie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Early September. Mother of God!

Yes,I figured it would be next year anyhow . I am ok with the wait , one step at a time . This is going to be my biggest obstacle yet ,personally (the interview) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Just a small bit of advice to ye ( ye are probably tipping away all the time anyway ) While preparing for your interview I would be doing plenty of work on the fitness side of things. You'll be surprised how soon after the interview you would be called for medical/physical. Last thing you'd want after this stage is to be found wanting on the fitness front. Best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Early September. Mother of God!

Just to see if interviews were given out in order of merit did you do well in stage 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

First week of September for the interview. Glad to have a date to focus on now and plenty to get going on with the form and Form B due the end of the week. I've a feeling these few weeks will fly!

jwt22 wrote: »
    First week of September for the interview. Glad to have a date to focus on now and plenty to get going on with the form and Form B due the end of the week. I've a feeling these few weeks will fly!

outta curiosity whats the first initial of ur surname? just wanna see if their doing it alphabetically

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liverpoolfc88

so has anyone appealed?

Hey Guys, I was in stage three band one and had to appeal and verify. There was around 15 of us there that day to verify, Keep yer heads up and most certainly appeal. I have been just given my interview for mid September

• Advertisement

jwt22 wrote: »
    They certainly will, unlike the weeks after while waiting for results.......:D

Next batch could easily contain 200 recruits !

3fullback wrote: »
    Next batch could easily contain 200 recruits !

Not likely, they lack the facilities but heres hopeing

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

fergie199 wrote: »
    outta curiosity whats the first initial of ur surname? just wanna see if their doing it alphabetically

Nope, I'm the end of the alphabet. No idea on the order. Maybe its by ranking from Stage 2 as I was the very first day of that testing. There wasn't a rank on my Stage 3 pass e-mail.

typical irish doing things arse ways lol

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

I finished in top 30 in stage 3 and 4 but my interview was on the last week and also the wasn't in the first round of medicals/physicals.

I thought it might have being candidate number but i'm not sure if there is any logic to it. Anyway the main thing is the order of merit after stage 4 determines when your called provided your pass other stages.

Not likely, they lack the facilities but heres hopeing

It has excess 300 rooms

octigen wrote: »
    I finished in top 30 in stage 3 and 4 but my interview was on the last week and also the wasn't in the first round of medicals/physicals.

I thought it might have being candidate number but i'm not sure if there is any logic to it. Anyway the main thing is the order of merit after stage 4 determines when your called provided your pass other stages.

silly question here but by merit do you mean how you did in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

Long way to go yet folks, im just of the phone with them there, according to HRM there are roughly 240 successful candidates that passed their from the very begining, Thats aptitude, fitness, interview, medicals etc.

Out of the 240, the first intake is going to be 100, Nice chunk outta the 240 eh?

Thats leaves around 140 people still ahead of all of us, Granted there are some in the first intake who will drop out, fail at certain tests etc on average i suspect out of the 100 around 15-20 will fail or quit, if it is early into their training then they will pluck a few from the people waiting for the 2nd intake but once they are 3 weeks into training they they will only work with what they have.

The next intake will most likely be around 100 again and yes there will be a few fails and quitters there also, but HRM have no idea of when that 2nd intake is going to happen as it is entirely up to the government, suspicions are that it could happen in November if not the New Year, so what does that mean for us you ask?????

It means that chances of any of us gettin in this year are pretty slim, Zero to be brutally honest which means next year and will depend on when the government feel they can fund another Intake.

Trust me i am not trying to be a wet towel here, far from it, i just like to know where i stand in the pecking order and thought some of you might be the same, congratulations to all who received their interview dates and for those still awaiting them, dont be freaking out! they are on their way and it means nothing that others have received them first.

Thanks for reading
    Fergie

What do you mean fails? I understand there will always be one or two who will quit after the first week or two as they may struggle to adjust but not sure how you can fail in the first week or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

silly question here but by merit do you mean how you did in the interview?

Yes - you get a ranking on your interview results. This order of merit is then passed from PAS to the AGS.

• Advertisement

The fail isnt orientated around the first 2 weeks to say, more throughout the whole course, an they can fail at tests etc, but hey the more that fail the better chances for us

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

mickaleen wrote: »
    Just a small bit of advice to ye ( ye are probably tipping away all the time anyway ) While preparing for your interview I would be doing plenty of work on the fitness side of things. You'll be surprised how soon after the interview you would be called for medical/physical. Last thing you'd want after this stage is to be found wanting on the fitness front. Best of luck to you all.

Can you or have you heard on anyone deferring their medical. My BMI could be touch and go depending on date of medical and if there was an option to defer it until I get weight further down I would obviously take it.

kev-bt wrote: »
    Can you or have you heard on anyone deferring their medical. My BMI could be touch and go depending on date of medical and if there was an option to defer it until I get weight further down I would obviously take it.
    I am sure you can. When I got the call for my medical, I was told I can only accept the date if I was around the following week for my physical. If your BMI is borderline you should get cracking and do what you can but keep focused on your interview as if you fail that your BMI wont make a blind bit of difference to you. If you pass the interview then see where your at with your BMI and go from there.

Did anybody else notice they aren't looking for references or referees ?

Or even a Garda who will recommend you ???

Did anybody else notice they aren't looking for references or referees ?

Or even a Garda who will recommend you ???

Yes actually , maybe that's the other part that they said they would send during the week .

Does anyone know how to start a new thread for this stage ?

Ah stop your nonsense use the stage 4 thread that's already there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Just to see if interviews were given out in order of merit did you do well in stage 3 ?

I wasn't given a ranking so who knows.

There is a thread for each stage already set up, no need for new ones for each group or we'll end up with 20 stage 4, 5, etc threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

The fail isnt orientated around the first 2 weeks to say, more throughout the whole course, an they can fail at tests etc, but hey the more that fail the better chances for us

Not really. The opposite actually. If they fail a phase,they will be held back. Thus taking up a position that would otherwise have gone to a new recruit.

D Trent wrote: »
    Ah stop your nonsense use the stage 4 thread that's already there

There is no need to be rude , it was just an idea, as someone was actually looking for us in another thread . I thought it may help others !!!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    There is a thread for each stage already set up, no need for new ones for each group or we'll end up with 20 stage 4, 5, etc threads
    No problem , there was someone looking for us in another thread so I thought it may help others find us .

There is no need to be rude , it was just an idea, as someone was actually looking for us in another thread . I thought it may help others !!!

I'm sorry

No problem , there was someone looking for us in another thread so I thought it may help others find us .

Here ya go :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057190315

Can anyone tell me if the previous group needed references ?

• Advertisement

I read in another thread that they did . I don't know why we haven't received any instruction for references .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

Yeah, but it's in Application Form B, not the interview form.

Off the top of my head they ask for an AGS member to recommend you, an academic reference and 2 referees who you've know for 5 years or more (but they can't be relatives).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Yes for form B

You will recieve that shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No sign of an email for me yet.

Question guys an gals, interview is comin up and got the e.mail asking for the first form to be filled out, iv checked out the education requirements which states ''Have obtained an Irish Leaving Certificate with a grade D3 minimum in five subjects
    at ordinary level''

I did 6 subjects but took two at foundation level

Irish b3
    maths b2

does this mean i am now out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement