Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can you keep the questions to one thread please. You won't get a proper answer here, you need to ring HRM

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liverpoolfc88

has anyone applied for their leaving cert results online and received them? still waiting on mine eeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

has anyone applied for their leaving cert results online and received them? still waiting on mine eeep

I thought that this batch didn't have to produce the actual certs, just exam numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I thought the same as Rothmans. I thought just exam numbers. But sure if you really need the certificate itself quickly from the Dept of Education, after you apply online, ring them up and explain to them why you need the certificate and they will most likely fast track your application and have it in the post that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

A few of us had repeats today though I felt like I ballsed up the verbal again the tests themselves aren't at all like the prep tests and you get less time for the same amount of questions...

Mad dejected at the moment hopefully that eases up

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

mrDerek wrote: »
    A few of us had repeats today though I felt like I ballsed up the verbal again the tests themselves aren't at all like the prep tests and you get less time for the same amount of questions...

Did you get another chance to do it ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

mrDerek wrote: »

Tbh I'm in the same boat...spent too long no one question at the start of the verbal and put myself under serious stress trying to finish..and it was the verbal I passed last time..thought the abstract was ok but thought the same last time and didn't get it so who knows....ah best to forget about the whole thing for now..if it happens it happens

heno86 wrote: »
    Tbh I'm in the same boat...spent too long no one question at the start of the verbal and put myself under serious stress trying to finish..and it was the verbal I passed last time..thought the abstract was ok but thought the same last time and didn't get it so who knows....ah best to forget about the whole thing for now..if it happens it happens

Thought the logical reasoning was a piece of piss id expect full marks on that, the verbal was hard I got caught up at the end and was stuck managed to complete it with 8 seconds left.
    And ye there was a group today who looks like they all appealed also and got it granted as there was no scenario question

Also it's pretty dickish to make us wait till October to get our results the computer will already have them stored for us

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

How did you' manage to get a second chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Doyle06 wrote: »
    How did you' manage to get a second chance?

There was an appeals option if one of your exams wasn't verified

• Advertisement

results were sent out today for the successful appeals good luck to everybody i got in amazingly, wasn't confident at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Time for speculation don't you think?
    New class is starting in Templemore Jan26th.
    I've a feeling PAS have got green light frm Dept Justice to call the next 600 from band 1 (1193-1793) to stage 3 assessment centre soon. As in emails in the next week.

Wat ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

D Trent wrote: »
    I've a feeling PAS have got green light frm Dept Justice to call the next 600 from band 1 (1193-1793) to stage 3 assessment centre soon. As in emails in the next week.

Wat ye think?

Would be a nice New Year surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Wat ye think?

I was thinking the same myself D. Next group could be called forward soon if there's to be this "seamless" recruitment that was mentioned.

Another thing to add
    Some of those who were called early for the Irish Stream will be in that group (1193-1793)
    Which means the next group called could go on past 1800

• Registered Users Posts: 22 villa88

surely with a new intake starting tomorrow the next 600 must be called up pretty soon, it has been a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm in the 1300 range killing me waiting though I'd have stage three done by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 villa88

ah stop, but we all have to rally together it has to be soon its outrages that they have kept us waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Doesn't make any sense why 600-1200 was called 3 months after 0-600 and now nearly in February 2015 some 7 months later 1200-1800 hasn't been called yet and to add to it no release of info to update the rest how they are working through the numbers. why all the secrecy

• Advertisement

Copaholic wrote: »
    Doesn't make any sense why 600-1200 was called 3 months after 0-600 and now nearly in February 2015 some 7 months later 1200-1800 hasn't been called yet and to add to it no release of info to update the rest how they are working through the numbers. why all the secrecy
    PAS needs to get the approval from either dept justice or Garda management. If they had the approval then they would keep going where they left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Anyone going up on 25th? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lauzyla

Anyone get called for stage 3 in Dublin on the 4th of March?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Risk91

Anyone going for stage 3 in Dublin on the 2nd of march??

Risk91 wrote: »
    Anyone going for stage 3 in Dublin on the 2nd of march??

I'm going up on the Wednesday ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Risk91

Lauzyla wrote: »
    I'm going up on the Wednesday ðŸ˜

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Risk91 wrote: »
    Best of luck :)

Same to you, let us know how it goes :)

Does anyone have the links to the shl website i can't seem to find them in my messages on the public job site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

empacher wrote: »
    Does anyone have the links to the shl website i can't seem to find them in my messages on the public job site.

This is the link we got for Stage 1: http:// pas.cut-e.com
    Hope it helps. I'm doing the same myself in preparation for the 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

This is the website you need. http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

The only practice tests that matter to you on the site are : Verbal reasoning and Inductive reasoning.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

That's the info you need right there. Good job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Hi all,

I'm sitting stage 3 in the morning. In the midst of everything I left home (kerry) without my LC results. I don't have my exam number or anything. I assume I can forward on the information to them when I get home tomorrow evening??

Any advice be great havin a freak out here!!

aido112 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm sitting stage 3 in the morning. In the midst of everything I left home (kerry) without my LC results. I don't have my exam number or anything. I assume I can forward on the information to them when I get home tomorrow evening??

Any advice be great havin a freak out here!!
    Yeah relax they're v accommodating
    Only worry about getting practise for aptitudes.
    And if u haven't written anything for a while write out a page of something this eve to prevent u from getting writers cramp in the morn

Go n'eirigh an t-Adh leat
    😉

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Cool thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12ab..

has anybody and information as to when the current round of stage 3 testing is to be completed by and if the irish stream have been fully called at this stage also when are the stage 3 results due to issue .....many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

12ab.. wrote: »
    has anybody and information as to when the current round of stage 3 testing is to be completed by and if the irish stream have been fully called at this stage also when are the stage 3 results due to issue .....many thanks

They will issue early April. Testing was last week and this coming week afaik. No idea about the Irish stream.

got two diff answers for results pas said april. Ags presentation said march. Im going to bet on march 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12ab..

The information for stage 3 said mid march maybe they are being cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

What is the turn out like for stage 3 to date ??

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Hi
    I'm going to Chapter House on the 5th - anyone else? :)
    It's says dress 'comfortably and appropriately'
    What is the general dress code? :)
    Thanks!

Kaffy wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm going to Chapter House on the 5th - anyone else? :)
    It's says dress 'comfortably and appropriately'
    What is the general dress code? :)
    Thanks!

I wore my dressing gown and onesie to it and no one seemed to have a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

I'd recommend smart casual mate, some people were very casual when I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Sweet :) Ill have my turtle onesie washed and ironed so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

And what is the attendance like for stage 3 this time round ?

mycro89 wrote: »
    And what is the attendance like for stage 3 this time round ?

well seeing as we don't get told the amount invited per session we have no way of speculating

well seeing as we don't get told the amount invited per session we have no way of speculating

We know that circa 600 people were called forward. It must be roughly 30 a session x 2 daily i.e. 300 per week over two weeks = 600. I know that 29 people attended my session last week.

redout wrote: »
    We know that circa 600 people were called forward. It must be roughly 30 a session x 2 daily i.e. 300 per week over two weeks = 600. I know that 29 people attended my session last week.

They said at the presentation 800 had being called forward to stage three. Which would make the number absent higher. Then again they always seem to contradict themselves.

They said at the presentation 800 had being called forward to stage three. Which would make the number absent higher. Then again they always seem to contradict themselves.

Some of them (800) are people who were knocked out Stage 3 but in the Irish Stream which was run separate

Some of them (800) are people who were knocked out Stage 3 but in the Irish Stream which was run separate

Aye, there was 2 repeats that I know of in my session. They had made successful appeals apparently.

redout wrote: »
    Aye, there was 2 repeats that I know of in my session. They had made successful appeals apparently.

Guy I know didn't appeal at all!
    Just got an email from Publicjobs telling him to come to dublin this month and do an identical stage 3 to the one he got knocked out of in Irish stream.

Transparent much?

• Advertisement

Guy I know didn't appeal at all!
    Just got an email from Publicjobs telling him to come to dublin this month and do an identical stage 3 to the one he got knocked out of in Irish stream.

Transparent much?

So basicaly sit the sane test three times. Well the inductive and verbal. The other two twice.

Advertisement