Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Fir a while I thought it was by email but I read over the email yesterday and realised forms wold be sent by post. Anyone ideas of how soon we get them? Or anyone from last time, how long were ye waiting? Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's all email! They'll sort out interview times and dates first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

I'm obviously missing something simple here, but in the interview form that has to be emailed back, what is the need to be assessed in English/Irish about?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paudy

Any clarification on whether its email or post?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paudy

Just spoke to PAS there is an issue with issuing times and we should have email in the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

ELJeff wrote: »
    I'm obviously missing something simple here, but in the interview form that has to be emailed back, what is the need to be assessed in English/Irish about?

I'd guess that'd be if you weren't graded on English or Irish in the LC but it's required to join AGS.

Waiting in anticipation for the interview date and familiarization material. Thanks for checking Paudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Got my date and time! At least I've a couple of weeks to prepare! ! Aagh...freaking out now haha! Did everyone get their info emails? I never realised how much info they require buy hey..The form filling will be so worth it (hopefully) 😀

I've passed stage 3 as well, but haven't got my interview details yet. I'm still waiting... and checking my email every 30 min, lol!

It's my first post here btw, so just wanted to say hi to all and wish you good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Hi All,

Congrats to all through to interview. I was just looking through form B there and they ask for a ref from your school/college etc. I assume if your out of education this does not apply to you does it?? Also it asks for your partners family details. I am with my girlfriend 5 years but not engaged or anything. Do I need to provide her family detail do ye think??

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Can anybody here quickly clear up a part of interview form b.

Under the heading 'i need to be assessed in English/Irish(please specify)

Is it asking whether you need to be assessed on your English or Irish, because you don't have a qualification in one or the other(yes/no option) or is it an option to choose which to be assessed in ( answer English or Irish)?

EDIT:
    Upon further review it appears to be a yes or no question for the languages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Killinator wrote: »
    Can anybody here quickly clear up a part of interview form b.

Is it asking whether you need to be assessed on your English or Irish, because you don't have a qualification in one or the other(yes/no option) or is it an option to choose which to be assessed in ( answer English or Irish)?

EDIT:
    Upon further review it appears to be a yes or no question for the languages.

I can't honestly remember but if this is the form you bring to the interview, just leave it blank and ask for clarification there. Before your interview you will speak to a sergeant from HRM who takes the form.

Hank26 wrote: »
    I can't honestly remember but if this is the form you bring to the interview, just leave it blank and ask for clarification there. Before your interview you will speak to a sergeant from HRM who takes the form.

This is the cv type form that needs to be emailed back before the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

This is the cv type form that needs to be emailed back before the interview.

If you have done your leaving cert with Irish and English then you don't need to be assessed on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

That you need to be assessed through the medium of either English or Irish.

pah wrote: »
    That you need to be assessed through the medium of either English or Irish.

As I said, I got that, I just wanted check were they looking for a yes or no answer, or irish or English as an answer.

Anyway I figured it out and it was cleared up here just incase, win win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Has anyone who failed got a retest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

D Trent wrote: »
    Has anyone who failed got a retest?

No. Did you?

empacher wrote: »
    No. Did you?

No.
    After the previous two stage 3 assessments some ppl were successful in getting retested

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fairweather 1980

No. Did you?

When did you guys appeal, are you in the 1200-1988 group? Did you hear back about appeal already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Yup one of those questions, when asked Place of Birth? is it home address or maternity hospital that would be given?

ELJeff wrote: »
    Yup one of those questions, when asked Place of Birth? is it home address or maternity hospital that would be given?

I put down the city where the maternity hospital is based and it didn't seem to be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 villa88

Has anyone heard back from appealing there results?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12ab..

has there been any retests of stage 3 or successful appeals ????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

12ab.. wrote: »
    has there been any retests of stage 3 or successful appeals ????????

i had a repeal denied i was 1.25% off being through to stage 4.

i had a repeal denied i was 1.25% off being through to stage 4.

How was it 1.25% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 blarney15

Another batch called forward to stage 3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Just got the email... nervous all of a sudden. This is make or break now

cruais wrote: »
    Just got the email... nervous all of a sudden. This is make or break now

Not much time to prepare...Starts next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sgtgerryboyle

Hey, what number are they out at now?
    blarney15 wrote: »
    Not much time to prepare...Starts next week

Only briefly looked at the message. Will look at it properly when i get home but i think its 2500

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

Just got the message myself there now.

Up to 2508 have been called up this the around.

Does anybody know if you can ask for a different appointment time.

Its just that it'll be difficult to get the time off with just a weeks notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

There can't be many left in band 1 now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

Well I just scraped into the 2508.

I think there was 3100 in band 1 from stage 2, so there must be only one more group to be called up from band 1 stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seamen

mycro89 wrote: »
    There can't be many left in band 1 now ?

About 592 left so in band 1 after this, not all will pass and some wont turn up on such short notice. Gives lads in stage 1 band 2 some bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cbwex

Just got the email for stage 3 invitation for next month. My placing was in the 2600's.Calling all those up to 3100 now

cbwex wrote: »
    Just got the email for stage 3 invitation for next month. My placing was in the 2600's.Calling all those up to 3100 now

Band 1 must be cleared so is it ??

Band 1 must be cleared so is it ??

Soon as they get there results from stage 3 band 2 will get a call to progress to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Can anyone confirm if this new calling has used up the remainder of band 1 ---up to 3100

This lad is prove there up to 3100, his placing 2600's the only call in groups of 600 at a time, and there was only 592 in the band.

This lad is prove there up to 3100, his placing 2600's they only call in groups of 600 at a time, and there was only 592 in the band.

• Advertisement

seamen wrote: »
    This lad is prove there up to 3100, his placing 2600's they only call in groups of 600 at a time, and there was only 592 in the band.

Is it a joke I wonder?? A screen shot would prove the truth...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cbwex

Is it a joke I wonder?? A screen shot would prove the truth...

Why would I joke about it? Anyway here's the email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

I'm in de 2800's can vouch for this man! Calling up to 3100

Why would I joke about it? Anyway here's the email

Sorry thanks for the heads up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

looks like BAND 2 is on standby to be called to stage 2 sometime this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

How long will the assessment go on for?! Have to be there for 12.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

How long will the assessment go on for?! Have to be there for 12.45

Around 4 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Anyone here on boards that knows a good day course that would help in preparation for stage 3 my daughter is doing it at the end of the month and anything that I thought would help her on this test we will try

It's just my personal opinion, but to be honest with you I don't see much point in taking such course, and here's why:

1. There's plenty of free online tests for both verbal and inductive reasoning tests and even more videos on youtube offering advice on how to tackle them. I found them very useful.

2. In relation to the report writing exercise - they won't teach her the correct spelling and punctuation on a day course if she's not good at it.

3. As for the job simulation tests, they're aimed to test one's ability to cope with situations you're likely to encounter when on job. I found them common sense really, not rocket science. In my opinion if somebody has difficulty passing them, it won't get any easier for him/her in future.

Anyway, if you are convinced that the course is well spend money, I'm sure someone here will be ready to recommend one to you.
    Best of luck at the test, btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Anyone here on boards that knows a good day course that would help in preparation for stage 3 my daughter is doing it at the end of the month and anything that I thought would help her on this test we will try

I done the career services prep course and found it wortwhile for stage 3, mostly focused on report writing and job simulation, there are job aptitude test apps available I'd recommend downloading one of those as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Is there a link online for report writing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement