Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamo1980

hi all,

heard from a friend whom did this exam that there is a cover sheet on the report booklet section before you write the report, what goes in here? first i heard of it..

also the course i did for stage 3 had the job simulation section to be answered in order of 5 4 3 2 1 and my friend has now said that it wasn't like that in the exam.. am i learning the wrong way to answer? don't want to mess it up on Saturday.

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

jamo1980 wrote: »
    hi all,

heard from a friend whom did this exam that there is a cover sheet on the report booklet section before you write the report, what goes in here? first i heard of it..

also the course i did for stage 3 had the job simulation section to be answered in order of 5 4 3 2 1 and my friend has now said that it wasn't like that in the exam.. am i learning the wrong way to answer? don't want to mess it up on Saturday.

allwill be explained to you on the day !! btw anyone know the website to practice off? a lad asked me today and I cant think.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

jamo1980 wrote: »
    hi all,

People seem to make the mistake in the job simulation of ranking the options from 1 to 5. You are given 5 possible options and you have to rate each one individually as if it was the only option. This means that you may rate some of them the same. You don't have to rate them in order. Eg: you could have 3,3,4,2,3 in the same scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Just going through the check list here of what has to be brought to the test centre.

I am confused on one point, claiming eligibility for the Garda Trainee under the Leaving Cert, therefore, providing the full coloured version of the Leaving Certificate.

I putting this down to my early morning stupidness, but, do all applicants have to provide this or is it just down for recent school leavers, as it is well over 10 years since I did mine.

I just want to clarify this before I go ahead and order the certificate.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

cruais wrote: »
    Just going through the check list here of what has to be brought to the test centre.

I am confused on one point, claiming eligibility for the Garda Trainee under the Leaving Cert, therefore, providing the full coloured version of the Leaving Certificate.

I putting this down to my early morning stupidness, but, do all applicants have to provide this or is it just down for recent school leavers, as it is well over 10 years since I did mine.

Cheers!

All applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Cheers!

This is for all applicants. Colour version only. If you don't have the original colour version you can order one online. For a small fee of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Dont be panicking lads, the PAS are very accomodating, if you dont have forms needed ready or available on the day you're able to submit them afterwards

Thanks all for the replies! Have ordered it this morning so hopefully it will be delivered on time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Thanks all for the replies! Have ordered it this morning so hopefully it will be delivered on time :)

I ordered mine Friday night and it arrived Tuesday, so it shouldn't be long getting to you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

I went through stage 3 a couple months back, i read it as if you were claiming eligibility you didn't need it as they would check it when you gave them your exam number, so arrived up without it and haven't been asked for it yet so unless it has changed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ELJeff wrote: »
    I went through stage 3 a couple months back, i read it as if you were claiming eligibility you didn't need it as they would check it when you gave them your exam number, so arrived up without it and haven't been asked for it yet so unless it has changed!

This ^ - if you provide PAS with your exam number they have an agreement with the state examinations commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Just wondering, for stage 3 are you allowed to bring a pen with you? Like do they give out paper to scribble on etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therecruit

mycro89 wrote: »
    Just wondering, for stage 3 are you allowed to bring a pen with you? Like do they give out paper to scribble on etc?

You could bring a pen but they will give you one there and some spare paper if you like.

Do you mind me asking where you came in the band 1. I did my exam about two months ago and we were told we were the last of our group.

Another day of assessments done I suppose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone towards the 3k mark who got called for band one confirm when they are in for testing? Is it first week of June or later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone towards the 3k mark who got called for band one confirm when they are in for testing? Is it first week of June or later?

Under but close to 3k mark first week of june

5500 wrote: »

Are you an applicant also? if you don't mind me asking

Anyone know what the turn out has been like to date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

I was at one of the morning sessions this week and out of the list of names on the table, only roughly two thirds of the log on details were collected.

• Advertisement

Was anyone there on Saturday? How do you think it went?

I thought it was ok, parts where tough, but I enjoyed the orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therecruit

killer91 wrote: »
    I was at one of the morning sessions this week and out of the list of names on the table, only roughly two thirds of the log on details were collected.

I was chatting with the Lady from PAS when I did mine and she said turn out had been pretty bad. In some cases as low as half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

therecruit wrote: »
    I was chatting with the Lady from PAS when I did mine and she said turn out had been pretty bad. In some cases as low as half.
    There was a great buzz last year when 25,000 applied for the positions, it just shows anyone can fill out an application form and not go forward with the rest of the process :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Anyone else doing Stage 3 tomorrow?

ollieo wrote: »
    Anyone else doing Stage 3 tomorrow?

Saturday! Panicking about the inductive reasoning a bit!

Those that have attended, do ye reckon band 2 will be called into play ?

• Advertisement

I would reckon so. I dont think they are getting the full numbers in to do stage 3.

When i was there, there was still a pile of names not accounted for, and i counted a total of 21 in my exam.

I would reckon so. I dont think they are getting the full numbers in to do stage 3.

When i was there, there was still a pile of names not accounted for, and i counted a total of 21 in my exam.

How many are meant to be there per sitting of the exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

How many are meant to be there per sitting of the exams?

My daughter say the exam last Saturday 25 people did it with her. The bloke ( very nice) on reception said that 30 people did not turn up. The bloke doing the exam said that there were a lot of people failing the medical. The best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

Just got my results from stage 3.

I passed the report writing and the job simulation but failed on the verification tests.

Has anyone appealed and been successful?

I passed the report writing and the job simulation but failed on the verification tests.

Has anyone appealed and been successful?

Hardly out on a Saturday evening ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nikih94

Has anyone appealed and been successful?[/quote

I got the same result as you planning to appeal just to see how it goes nothing to lose really.

nikih94 wrote: »

Has anyone appealed and been successful?[/quote

I got the same result as you planning to appeal just to see how it goes nothing to lose really.

When did ye do the tests ??

I did mine Friday afternoon, 22 people showed up, alot of people didn't bother showing up, no word on whether band 2 will be called or not.

We were also told alot of people are failing the Bleep Test in the PCT.

I did mine Friday afternoon, 22 people showed up, alot of people didn't bother showing up, no word on whether band 2 will be called or not.

We were also told alot of people are failing the Bleep Test in the PCT.

Any truth that results are out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Any truth that results are out ?

The results are out Mycro.

ann.lewis wrote: »
    The results are out Mycro.

All the best to all, it's a bit unusual to release the results of it's still on going no?

They give the different groups their results at different times, I get my results in July sometime as far as I know.

They give the different groups their results at different times, I get my results in July sometime as far as I know.

Very good, is it a simple pass or fail result !?

Very good, is it a simple pass or fail result !?

I'm not sure if it's a pass/fail or if you actually get a result i.e a % result.

Did the report writing have to be fully finished?? Basically had all the info on first page and had the report finished other than the "forwarded for your information and attention , please" and the Garda name. The inductive reasoning was simple enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Hi everybody
    New to this! I've been following all along.. I just done my stage 3 last Thursday the 4th of June.. Can't believe got called a year later.. So really hoping did well enough to get to interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Hi everybody
    New to this! I've been following all along.. I just done my stage 3 last Thursday the 4th of June.. Can't believe got called a year later.. So really hoping did well enough to get to interview

Odd the results are out especially on weekend my brother is on this week and it says expect results mid June which would be the next 2 weeks?
    How ye all find the verification tests? Easier or harder?

Odd the results are out especially on weekend my brother is on this week and it says expect results mid June which would be the next 2 weeks?
    How ye all find the verification tests? Easier or harder?
    Yeah I just done my stage 3 last Thursday.. They told me to expect results in July so that's strange.. For some reason I found the verification easier than the cut-e ones .. I dunno what to make of it though as in did I find it easier but actually get half of them wrong ha

If results have been issued this weekend, any indication in regards the pass - fail rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Anyone have any joy with the appeals process, looking for some info on what PAS is like.

So.... Is stage 3 complete ?

So.... Is stage 3 complete ?

Still waiting on results

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

redout wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense to be not provided with an explanation. How are you to know were it is you went wrong and try rectify it if you ever applied again? Try going back to the Super who you done interview with and see if they can shed any light.

Just to follow up on this. I did the informal appeal and it was indeed due to the activities of a member of my extended family.
    I was told that they were very impressed with me and I'd make a great addition to the Gardaí but unfortunately it was the end of the line for me and I wouldn't be able to join the defence forces either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    Just to follow up on this. I did the informal appeal and it was indeed due to the activities of a member of my extended family.
    I was told that they were very impressed with me and I'd make a great addition to the Gardaí but unfortunately it was the end of the line for me and I wouldn't be able to join the defence forces either.
    Sorry to hear about that bull****

What's the plan from here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

D Trent wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that bull****

What's the plan from here ?

Don't know. I've been out of work since last August. I managed to get to the final interview for another job and thought it went really well but when I was asked what I'd been doing, I mentioned that I was waiting to be called to Templemore but failed my vetting. I ended up not getting the job. Don't know if it had anything to do with it.

Advertisement