Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

thestar wrote: »
    It's a political appointment so not a natural progression from deputy to commissioner, is there a chance that your wrong on this one Raider? Callinanin is out of his depth there anyway

Let's have this conversation again in 6 months time .

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

There won't be a change in Commissioner before then?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Sorry, there may be a new government by then, I'm too tired for this craic!!

thestar wrote: »
    Sorry, there may be a new government by then, I'm too tired for this craic!!

Things change so quickly in government so let's wait and see shall we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Lads this is a stage 3 thread

discuss the career trajectory of female members elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

Would I be right in saying that 1,900 people from Band 2 are now bumbed up into Band 1 seen as 1,900 people are out of the running as of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

1900 places closer to be called than they were this time yesterday. But they are still in Band 2. Band 1 now contains 3100 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

Fegten wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that 1,900 people from Band 2 are now bumbed up into Band 1 seen as 1,900 people are out of the running as of yesterday.

No you still have to pass stage 2!!! It's like having a game in hand, but rather have the three pints. Can't wait to see how many from band 2 fail stage 2 since they couldn't make band 1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colm anderson

Does anyone know of preparatory courses for stage 3 tests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got my time and date for stage 3 there. Any idea how long it lasts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Simona1986 wrote: »

If it's not in the email I'd ring PAS and ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Got my assessment date. Next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 darrenp363

Simona1986 wrote: »

It says about 4 & 3/4 hours in the familiarisation document

darrenp363 wrote: »
    It says about 4 & 3/4 hours in the familiarisation document

It will be a long one and whilst there it will seem even longer. Take it as it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Swoop23

I think the report writing is where some people might have trouble but the rest should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Swoop23 wrote: »
    I think the report writing is where some people might have trouble but the rest should be fine.

Yeah, the report writing is an unknown quantity, no idea how I'll do with that one! I could be brilliant or terrible, only one way to find out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Swoop23 wrote: »

That's probably going to be my downfall anyway. My handwriting is just terrible & since iPhones came out i've gotten sooo lazy about spelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

I'd assume the report writing will be similar to what the reserves have done? Could be wrong.

They'll probably supply ye with information of an incident and see if ye can write up a concise report, disregarding all the BS and including vital info.

Would actually be of the opinion that the report writing ill be very straight forward to most, considering ye would have smashed the verbal reasoning.

Best of luck

I'd assume the report writing will be similar to what the reserves have done? Could be wrong.

They'll probably supply ye with information of an incident and see if ye can write up a concise report, disregarding all the BS and including vital info.

Would actually be of the opinion that the report writing ill be very straight forward to most, considering ye would have smashed the verbal reasoning.

Best of luck

Yeah, we will watch a video, take notes and then we are given 30 minutes to write a report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Anyone have any trouble opening the familiarisation material for stage three?

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Anyone have any trouble opening the familiarisation material for stage three?

No, mine was fine. I'd say if you can't open it give PAS a ring!

Just emailed them, cheers! Has anyone any guesses as to what the orientation might involve? Might see a few boardsies next week!

Stage 3 next week

Bring it

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Stage 3 next week

Bring it

Yoy lucky bastard, mine's not until the week after. Way too much time to think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Swoop23

At least you get to enjoy paddy's day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

falls on a workday for me,Looks like i-ll have to pull a sickie in work to make this!they wouldnt change the date for me I already asked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Does anyone know what happens after stage 3, assuming you pass? Any Garda members here on Boards?

newmug wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens after stage 3, assuming you pass? Any Garda members here on Boards?
    Interview stage will be after stage three.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

There is some serious detectives here on boards :D god help the future of AGS

There is some serious detectives here on boards :D god help the future of AGS

Its mindboggling isnt it!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

For those heading to Dublin for assessment have PAS given an estimate as to when your stage 3 results will be issued?

D Trent wrote: »
    For those heading to Dublin for assessment have PAS given an estimate as to when your stage 3 results will be issued?

Mid-April according to the familiarisation document.

D Trent wrote: »

They said mid-April!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Can someone please make a sticky "Read all documentation provided by PAS before posting a question"

Best of luck to some of you in the report writing exercise, you'll need it if you can't read a simple 9 page document and remember it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

New on this threat. Best of luck in Stage 3! marked around 700.... and still hoping:).
    Would this year be a realistic hope?

ana2676 wrote: »
    New on this threat. Best of luck in Stage 3! marked around 700.... and still hoping:).

Oh I would say so, I would be very surprised if they got more than the first intake of 100 people from that 600. Who knows though. I'm in the 600 and I'm moving on with my life with other plans, if I get in well and good but I'm not banking on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

ana2676 wrote: »
    My own opinion is that they will prob break the 300 jobs into 2 batches. So, I think that the 600 that have gone forward to Stage 3 are for 150 jobs. That would make sense as you would have 3 or 4 interviewing for one job. Some will drop out of the 600 for various reasons, medical, physical competency test, educational requirements etc. So, I'd say they'll bring forward another 600 for the next batch of 150 jobs.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    My own opinion is that they will prob break the 300 jobs into 2 batches. So, I think that the 600 that have gone forward to Stage 3 are for 150 jobs. That would make sense as you would have 3 or 4 interviewing for one job. Some will drop out of the 600 for various reasons, medical, physical competency test, educational requirements etc. So, I'd say they'll bring forward another 600 for the next batch of 150 jobs.

Surely they will cut people at stage 3 aswell though, maybe 200?

Do you think so? I was kind of thinking that they'll just verify results from Stage 1 and Stage 2.

• Advertisement

Do you think so? I was kind of thinking that they'll just verify results from Stage 1 and Stage 2.

That's part a, part b is job simulation and c is report writing. I can't see the point in b and c unless they will be cutting people.

Wasn't job simulation part of the original questionnaire we did in Stage 1. The only new addition is report writing.

Wasn't job simulation part of the original questionnaire we did in Stage 1. The only new addition is report writing.

Maybe but the point still stands.

Maybe but the point still stands.
    I take your point

I'm thinking they will cut 200 as well, purely based on something I read on here or another thread before, that they apparently interview 4 people for every 1 position.

So, that would mean that they'll only be interviewing for a 100 jobs, cut 600 to 400 after Stage 3?

So, that would mean that they'll only be interviewing for a 100 jobs, cut 600 to 400 after Stage 3?

No one really knows but I would be very very surprised if they didn't cut people in stage 3.

No one really knows but I would be very very surprised if they didn't cut people in stage 3.
    Sure it's all speculation. After what happened this time, I think it's almost impossible to guess. We all thought it was harsh to only allow 5,000 out of 25,000 to go forward to Stage 2. And then they became more ruthless only allowing 600 to go through out of 5,000. Never saw that coming myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

I would be amazed if they interview 4 people for every 1 job. There will probably be a cut of around 100 in stage 3 at the most. I would see them 500 going forward for an interview with 150 starting in July and maybe another 150 on a panel. Only a minimal amount of people will lose out due to physical & educational requirements. My thoughts on the matter, and Yes I am in stage 3.

• Advertisement

octigen wrote: »
    I would be amazed if they interview 4 people for every 1 job. There will probably be a cut of around 100 in stage 3 at the most. I would see them 500 going forward for an interview with 150 starting in July and maybe another 150 on a panel. Only a minimal amount of people will lose out due to physical & educational requirements. My thoughts on the matter, and Yes I am in stage 3.
    I can't see 300 successful candidates coming from the 600, by that I mean 150 going through in July and another 150 on the panel. All that we've had so far are 2 sets of online testing. Nothing else had been taken into account.

Advertisement