Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

TallGlass wrote:
    As for the test, I assume its the same test? I wouldn't just say that scores lower cause of cheating, some might buckle under the pressure of a supervised testing environment.

TallGlass wrote:
    What are the times? Is there any after 2pm? I won't be able to make it to the 9am might be able to make the 2pm.

TallGlass wrote:
    I see job simulation is making an appearance again ! Along with reporting notes etc.

There's 2 sittings of stage 3 a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon so you might be lucky and get in the afternoon. If not, maybe try swap but it can be difficult to swap round.

Your scores need to be roughly the same for stage 3 as they were for stage 2. Not a lot of room for error.

Yes..job simulation is there as it always was and report writing. You just have to think "what would the guard do?" and it'll be grand.

Its a long enough day. You're doing 4 tests and you'll be tired afterwards so make sure to eat well and get plenty of rest the night before.

Best of Luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

Delighted to have stepped up to this thread.
    Gonna be tough performing as good as I can at home after a long day of trains and taxis from Cork, you'd imagine it'd be taken into account though. Thankfully we only have a fortnight to wait.
    Guess this thread will be a nice short one in comparison to the others.
    Best of luck in Dublin lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Villa93

Lads, I've gotten through to stage 3 but placed at 530 so won't be going through with the first 500 to stage 3! Any idea if i'll get a call soon or at all even?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Villa93 wrote: »
    Lads, I've gotten through to stage 3 but placed at 530 so won't be going through with the first 500 to stage 3! Any idea if i'll get a call soon or at all even?

You will get called alright and because the numbers have been really whittle down I would say possibly 500 to 1294 might get called either before or shortly after Christmas but that is only guessing.

In short you will get called to stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Anyone else having problems getting through to public jobs iv been on hold for 20 minutes

an ring now I was waiting a half an hour. I rang at five past 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just booked there. Not actually a great selection of dates and times. Should be a date run on a Saturday so people that are working can make it in. Do the PAS actually sit down and think about anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just booked there. Not actually a great selection of dates and times. Should be a date run on a Saturday so people that are working can make it in. Do the PAS actually sit down and think about anything?

What were the dates. I had to have work booked off by closing yesterday so i had only one day that i could do it, was ringing from 8 only got through at 9:20 was sh***ng myself but got the day i had booked off. They must think no one has jobs to go to, only over a weeks notice like!

Yeah it's difficult, I called at lunch and got the Tuesday. Right now Monday morning is still available if anyone is stuck for it.
    Thankfully I had these few days off anyway.

Ya im on for tuesday aswell. did anyone get the confirmation email aswell? I got nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

Im on wednesday. Not sure how im going to get out of work as its a new job and the first two weeks are training :( ... Glad to see tattoos wont be an issue if they're hidden by a long sleeve shirt... Half way stage guys lets do this... Wannabegarda the email will get to you within 48 hrs of calling bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clarky09

Hey all, in on Monday afternoon for Stage 3. No confirmation just yet. Haven't been on Boards in a long time but seen as it's getting to crunch time & none of my mates are left in the competition I said I'd pop by & see who's out there 😠depending on rank from Stage 3 I reckon Interview could be end of Oct or start of Nov & Medical by end of Nov... meaning we couldn't be in Templemore by Christmas?! Is that a bit ambitious?! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

clarky09 wrote: »
    Hey all, in on Monday afternoon for Stage 3. No confirmation just yet. Haven't been on Boards in a long time but seen as it's getting to crunch time & none of my mates are left in the competition I said I'd pop by & see who's out there 😠depending on rank from Stage 3 I reckon Interview could be end of Oct or start of Nov & Medical by end of Nov... meaning we couldn't be in Templemore by Christmas?! Is that a bit ambitious?! 😂

Yeah probably abit ambitious.. There's still a fair few in band 1 doing there PCT this week and next just waiting for the offer.( I'm sick with nerves!) I'd say yer more looking at March intake maybe june

Yeah probably abit ambitious.. There's still a fair few in band 1 doing there PCT this week and next just waiting for the offer.( I'm sick with nerves!) I'd say yer more looking at March intake maybe june

Thanks, was thinking that alright! No harm once I'm still in with a chance.

Id say all going well we will have alot of the stages done by christmas but prob will have the usual delay in vetting and waiting for them to reach our oom. Id say the intake end of this year and early next year will have most if not all of whats in front of us out of the way. Time to start getting fit and lose the belly haha

How are people goin to prepare for the report writing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I have to loose the belly fat already ! Office jobs don't help you out in that sense!
    thekopend wrote: »
    How are people goin to prepare for the report writing?

Hopefully be covered for this from been in the Reserves. I do think they give you information at the start. Just don't over do it no need for 6/7 pages of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

Guys any info on these test ie. Repeat of what we got or similar but different ?

Ah just brilliant....the week before I go to do a test I decide to catch a cold....fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 AVPU

Mobile topped up, going to call in the morning before work. Only bitch is, I'm calling from Scotland :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanog84

Lads does anyone have a link to the recruitment process explaining what happens and what's required at each stage?? I know I had the document downloaded at some stage but can't seem to find it.

Might see ya on Tuesday so Wannabegarda
    Confirmation email took a few hours to send out alright.

If you go through your public jobs messages, Stage 1 should've had all the information PDFs that you'd need if anyone has any questions the material should be there.

Oct 5th for me anyways!

Is it goin on that long?

Yeah, there were a few dates after the 5th available too.

• Advertisement

Results expected mid October going ny their email. Doubt that now if they're going on that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kerrygirl90

Hi all,

I have just joined this forum and reading it has really helped. I need some opinions. Firstly I live in Australia, and I have to travel home to sit the stage 3 exam next month. I am then coming back to Australia and coming home for Christmas. I am a bit confused as to what to do as if I do manage to pass stage 3 does that mean I will be called for an interview shortly after? I don't have the money or time off to be flying over and back from Australia to Ireland with the hope of getting in. But I know if I do get pass stage 3 I can't exactly let it pass me and not fly home again for stage 4. Really don't know how accommodating they will be. Does anyone else live away from home?? Thanks.

If you pass stage three you will have at least a three week wait before you are called to interview.

After that you will have to do a physical medical, go for orientation and meet a superintendent. If you are serious about this I would consider moving back home

After that you will have to do a physical medical, go for orientation and meet a superintendent. If you are serious about this I would consider moving back home
    Before I get to physical and medical I will need to pass stage 3 exam and stage 4 interview.

I am very serious about it. But moving home without knowing if I'll pass stage 3 or 4 is worrying. I have a great job over here that I have been in for 2 years now, and I find it hard to pick up and leave and then if I find out I haven't passed Stage 3 I would be gutted.

I got in the 600's for the result so I have contacted Public Jobs and they have stated that I should be called for stage 3 exam between Mid October and November. I will fly home for 1 week and sit stage 3 but then 3 weeks until results are out and I am home again on the 16th of December for Christmas holidays for 4 weeks. Does anyone know how flexible they are with arranging the interview. Would they allow me do my interview between 16th of December and 7th of January under my circumstances that I live away from home.

• Advertisement

The way I see it you have a big decision to make. And the situation you are in is the reason I didn't go to Australia myself. Only you can make that no one else

Before I get to physical and medical I will need to pass stage 3 exam and stage 4 interview.

I am very serious about it. But moving home without knowing if I'll pass stage 3 or 4 is worrying. I have a great job over here that I have been in for 2 years now, and I find it hard to pick up and leave and then if I find out I haven't passed Stage 3 I would be gutted.

I got in the 600's for the result so I have contacted Public Jobs and they have stated that I should be called for stage 3 exam between Mid October and November. I will fly home for 1 week and sit stage 3 but then 3 weeks until results are out and I am home again on the 16th of December for Christmas holidays for 4 weeks. Does anyone know how flexible they are with arranging the interview. Would they allow me do my interview between 16th of December and 7th of January under my circumstances that I live away from home.

Unfortunately for you the competition is so, well competitive I seriously doubt they'll be that accommodating.
    You would be showing dedication for coming home for stage three but it's difficult for lots of us to an extent so I doubt they'll make exceptions.
    You'd probably just have to come home on a gamble that you'll get through if you want to be in the Gardai soon.

JoeyJoe93 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you the competition is so, well competitive I seriously doubt they'll be that accommodating.
    You would be showing dedication for coming home for stage three but it's difficult for lots of us to an extent so I doubt they'll make exceptions.
    You'd probably just have to come home on a gamble that you'll get through if you want to be in the Gardai soon.

Hi Joey Joe,

I know it's a hard one to call. Coming home for the stage 3 exam is a definate even though I'll be booking flights at the last minute. But then if I do get called for interview it will be very hard to know what to do esp with flying home in December money will be verrrrry low. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Hi Joey Joe,

I know it's a hard one to call. Coming home for the stage 3 exam is a definate even though I'll be booking flights at the last minute. But then if I do get called for interview it will be very hard to know what to do esp with flying home in December money will be verrrrry low. :(

I sent you a PM

Hi Joey Joe,

It's a bummer of a situation you have there, here was me thinking getting a train to Dublin from Cork was difficult haha.
    I'd say just take it as it comes. You'll never know, you might be able to convince them to hold off your interview if you get there yet so just keep on going I'd say. You've nothing to lose yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aislingann

Hi Clarky!!!! and everyone,
    I rejoined boards today. I was a member many years ago when i was joining the reserves and i found it very useful.I am also in Oz at the minute. I was given a couple of months off by my Super and intended to come back for xmas!!! Now I've come 799 in Stage2 and Chapter House confirmed the same as what was said earlier.. i'll probably be called the end of Oct or early Nov. Im coming home now on the 13th of October. I just decided I've put too many years into the reserves to let it go now. I didn't think id hear anything until january at least. But none the less I'm not complaining as I've waited so long! You too Clarky!!!
    Any tips for stage3... I've a few weeks to play with now so i need to give it my best shot!
    I also want to wish everyone the very best at whatever stage ye are at !
    Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Latido

Hey guys first time post.. Managed to get through to stage 3 somehow didn't expect it but just a quick question is anybody experiencing any issues ringing the number in the email to book stage 3? It keeps putting me through to digiweb :/

ya lad out just have to stay on hold for as long as it takes unfortunately.

aislingann wrote: »
    I rejoined boards today. I was a member many years ago when i was joining the reserves and i found it very useful.I am also in Oz at the minute. I was given a couple of months off by my Super and intended to come back for xmas!!! Now I've come 799 in Stage2 and Chapter House confirmed the same as what was said earlier.. i'll probably be called the end of Oct or early Nov. Im coming home now on the 13th of October. I just decided I've put too many years into the reserves to let it go now. I didn't think id hear anything until january at least. But none the less I'm not complaining as I've waited so long! You too Clarky!!!
    Any tips for stage3... I've a few weeks to play with now so i need to give it my best shot!
    Aisling
    p

All I can advise is get your arse back into the station pronto!!!

p

All I can advise is get your arse back into the station pronto!!!

Exactly what i was thinking!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Claregirl.

Also first time writing, been reading the forums as they've provided great help! Heading up for the Tuesday session, delighted to get the day off college!

oh and also where are ye doing stage 3? is it in Chapter House????

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Claregirl.

oh and also where are ye doing stage 3? is it in Chapter House????

Ya Chapter House, Abbey Street!

Aisling

Hi Aisling,

Have you booked your flights home for October. I haven't even looked at flights yet as waiting to hear the date. Still really confused as sponsored over here and only 1 year into the sponsorship which cost over $6,000!!

Also does anyone know how many questions/time limit for each section for the stage 3 exams?

1) Inductive/Logical Reasoning (24 Questions in 25 minutes)
    2) Verbal reasoning (30 Questions in 17 minutes)
    3) Job Simulation/Scenario's (16 Questions in 26 minutes)
    4) Report writing (20 minutes to write the report)

Does anyone know if these are correct?

Hi Aisling,

Have you booked your flights home for October. I haven't even looked at flights yet as waiting to hear the date. Still really confused as sponsored over here and only 1 year into the sponsorship which cost over $6,000!!

Also does anyone know how many questions/time limit for each section for the stage 3 exams?

1) Inductive/Logical Reasoning (24 Questions in 25 minutes)
    2) Verbal reasoning (30 Questions in 17 minutes)
    3) Job Simulation/Scenario's (16 Questions in 26 minutes)
    4) Report writing (20 minutes to write the report)

Does anyone know if these are correct?

Yea I've changed my flights home to the 13th of October so i can give myself a few weeks to prepare. I only came for a few months anyway because with the reserves and all the promises over the years i put it off and i really wanted to do Australia. So i was given six months leave which would have brought me up to xmas. All i had to do was change my flight date and time which cost me $250 as i already had the return booked. If i were u id go home around the same date as me, you'll get home and be meeting friends and family and you'll lose a week, then your almost into the last two weeks in october, you could be using that time back home to get yourself ready. Or at least thats what I'm gonna do coz i can't slack now after so long!! I also need to get back home to the cold coz running in this weather is impossible!!! What part of Oz are you in?

Yea I've changed my flights home to the 13th of October so i can give myself a few weeks to prepare. I only came for a few months anyway because with the reserves and all the promises over the years i put it off and i really wanted to do Australia. So i was given six months leave which would have brought me up to xmas. All i had to do was change my flight date and time which cost me $250 as i already had the return booked. If i were u id go home around the same date as me, you'll get home and be meeting friends and family and you'll lose a week, then your almost into the last two weeks in october, you could be using that time back home to get yourself ready. Or at least thats what I'm gonna do coz i can't slack now after so long!! I also need to get back home to the cold coz running in this weather is impossible!!! What part of Oz are you in?

Hi Aisling,

I just Pm'd you about flights..

oh also does anyone know how many people passed stage2 ? I came 799 I'm just wounding how many more are there?

Continuing on to Stage 3 are 1294 candidates. Anyone below that figure did not pass Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greta P

Hello everybody, i waa reading here and i didnt really understood, at stage 2 i came out as 601, so as they said in the letter i will continue to stage 3. but does anybody know the date when will this take place or should i get an email or something? :)

• Advertisement

Greta P wrote: »
    Hello everybody, i waa reading here and i didnt really understood, at stage 2 i came out as 601, so as they said in the letter i will continue to stage 3. but does anybody know the date when will this take place or should i get an email or something? :)

You'll be called mid-late Oct probably. There's only 1294 candidates to get through so they're down to final numbers.

Advertisement