Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HighTower88

Thanks for that SgtGerry and Ollieo. Don't envisage failing either of them, should be fine on the day. Can't help but feel nervous about it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

And what would happen if for example you got even more on your tests than the ones you done yourself ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

Just done stage 3...not too confident at all :( fingers crossed i suppose... Its a long day I'm shattered

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Omahony92 wrote: »
    Just done stage 3...not too confident at all :( fingers crossed i suppose... Its a long day I'm shattered

How long did it take from start to finish? I'm down next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

I got in the door at 12.10 which was early and we left at around 16.50...i had gotten a bus from cork af 7.00 though so that probably didnt help my situation...i found it intense inside there now to be fair...what made it worse was the orientation they gave first by 2 sergeants...everything they said just made me want it more so I felt the pressure...

Best of luck next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Omahony92 wrote: »
    I got in the door at 12.10 which was early and we left at around 16.50...i had gotten a bus from cork af 7.00 though so that probably didnt help my situation...i found it intense inside there now to be fair...what made it worse was the orientation they gave first by 2 sergeants...everything they said just made me want it more so I felt the pressure...

Best of luck next week :)

Long enough old day then. The Orientation won't bother me really i'll be under no pressure if i pass well and good if not i won't lose any sleep over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

I wonder should I shave before I head up given that all Gardai need to be clean shaving ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Claregirl.

Anyone know when the last day of these tests are I know some are going on next week but hardly the full week? It's going to be a long wait until the results :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

Claregirl. wrote: »
    Anyone know when the last day of these tests are I know some are going on next week but hardly the full week? It's going to be a long wait until the results :/

Last day is next Tuesday, the 6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Lads to be honest i think im out. fecked up the report writing. so id say im gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Sure they cant be too hard on report, the info comes very fast, alot faster than it would if you were in a real life event and then you are expected to write a garda report when we are not trained gardai. And there was no prep material provided by pas. Id say once you have most info in a reasonably stuctured format and ok grammar they cant expect much more can they?

ill pm u

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

Done some report writing prep today for the exam but not sure how well you can do no matter how much you prepare the structure the speed of the video/audio can catch you out. Any think that was as issue in their exam ?

We can't discuss it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

We can't discuss it

Wasn't looking for specifics was echoing was was said above about speed and asking more if people though was easier or harder than expected but don't worry doesn't matter. Wait and see game once it's done anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Greta P

is here any women that will go or went for stage 3 already? woud be interested to know what did yous wear or what are yous planing on wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Got my email last night confirming start date for stage 3. Can't phone until 2m (saturday) at 8 am to book slot

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Damo1988 wrote: »
    I wonder should I shave before I head up given that all Gardai need to be clean shaving ha

Shave if you want but there is no requirement to be clean shaven for the various stages.

I have a stubbly beard and had it for stage 3 and the interview and got through it.

Stage 3 is purely results based. The people who mark your tests will not know that candidate no 12345 was the one who wore jeans and a t-shirt and had a beard.

On the clothing side of things I wore shoes,jeans, a polo and a casual jumper, no need to be wearing a suit unless you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

I have sent away for both my Birth certificate and LC results. Is it an issue if they do not arrive before the day? I would imagine the time frame to receive this is weeks as opposed to days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Got invited to stage 3 for mid October. In the email it says there will be 2 tests sessions held each day at 9am and 12.30pm.

Does that mean each candidate will sit a test at both times, or that each candidate will sit 1 test and we will be allocated either 9.30am or 12.30pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Mark.. wrote: »
    I have sent away for both my Birth certificate and LC results. Is it an issue if they do not arrive before the day? I would imagine the time frame to receive this is weeks as opposed to days

Considering An Post is at a standstill it'll likely not arrive in time, but you can explain this to PAS I'm sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Nono Toure wrote: »
    Got invited to stage 3 for mid October. In the email it says there will be 2 tests sessions held each day at 9am and 12.30pm.

Does that mean each candidate will sit a test at both times, or that each candidate will sit 1 test and we will be allocated either 9.30am or 12.30pm?

Two groups will be in each day; Group A at 9 am then Group B and 12.30pm. With orientation for both in the middle.

Considering An Post is at a standstill it'll likely not arrive in time, but you can explain this to PAS I'm sure...

Thanks, I rang there and for all who are in the same position. There is no issue just drop them into the office at a later date when you receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

I had a copy of my birth cert and that didn't do.
    I bought one yesterday, €20. Very steep for just an a4 bit of paper but took me 5 minutes in the registry office to get.
    They just have to be in before the interview. You'll get a bit of paper from PAS telling you what you've left to show them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PDiddyP

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice Just got called to stage 3 in mid October but I'm currently in Australia . Can the test be deferred?

I could come home to do it but would it be a waste of time? How many applicants are left in this stage for how many positions? What are the stages left after stage 3? If this stage is passed are we very close to acceptance?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aislingann

PDiddyP wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice Just got called to stage 3 in mid October but I'm currently in Australia . Can the test be deferred?

I could come home to do it but would it be a waste of time? How many applicants are left in this stage for how many positions? What are the stages left after stage 3? If this stage is passed are we very close to acceptance?

Hey,
    Im also in Oz and I'm coming home on the 13th to do it. Its up to you and how badly you want it. Ive been a reserve for a long time so thats why I'm taking the big step to go home for it. Im not sure if it can be deferred, ring and ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

Anybody else having a problem getting through on the telephone line for booking the supervised assessment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Yes, having great difficulty getting through, been waiting for over 25 mins now, pressing 0 and leaving a msg doesn't seem to work..
    I doubt that their are 600 canditates on the line this morning, maybe they only have one person maning the lines :)

marlie2005 wrote: »
    Yes, having great difficulty getting through, been waiting for over 25 mins now, pressing 0 and leaving a msg doesn't seem to work..
    I doubt that their are 600 canditates on the line this morning, maybe they only have one person maning the lines :)

Have been trying since 8, with no luck. Seems to be an issue with the phone line, 0 to leave a message function was not working for me either!

I'm in the same boat. On hold over 30 minutes now. It's shame they don't have the number you are in the queue.

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat. On hold over 30 minutes now. It's shame they don't have the number you are in the queue.

Think it's defo a problem. Rang the call management company person not very helpful

Leo1986 wrote: »
    Think it's defo a problem. Rang the call management company person not very helpful

I have hung up. Going to try later. If there is a phone issue they would hardly have a technican available at this hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hupp15

Also having no luck with the phone line. Been trying on and off since 8am. Think ill just try this afternoon at this stage.

Try them no I got through in one minutes they must have realised there was a problem

now i rang and they answered straight away, so im in on 15th :)

whever made an appointmet, did yous got the confirmation email??

Greta P wrote: »
    whever made an appointmet, did yous got the confirmation email??

Not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eoin9

I rang at 8 was on hold for 1hr 10 mins got through eventually! The email will be sent within 48hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AVPU

Up to last week, I had an epic beard, 95% of it is gone, getting into the mindset of being clean shaven (I couldn't go 100% cold turkey). I may shave it off for Monday. Dunno yet! Anybody heading up from Cork on Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Not yet.

Wouldn't worry it takes up to 24/48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aislingann

I rang yesterday and was on hold for 40mins! Calling from Australia! Anyway I'm booked in for Monday 19th as I'm home on the 13th and i just wanna give myself some time. Anyone else going that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

PDiddyP wrote: »
    Hi all,

If you pass stage 3, you go onto stage 4 the interview, which will be a minimum of 4 weeks after after stage 3.

Then it's stage 5 which comprises a medical and physical test which will be weeks after the interview, you will also have to have a meeting with your local Sgt and Super along the way.

You also have to undergo vetting, which will be held up for months because you have lived in Australia.

Overall it will more than likely be at least 12 months before you get offered a place in Templemore because there are a few hundred on the OOM at the moment waiting to be called for Templemore.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

aislingann wrote: »
    I rang yesterday and was on hold for 40mins! Calling from Australia! Anyway I'm booked in for Monday 19th as I'm home on the 13th and i just wanna give myself some time. Anyone else going that day?

Hey. Im in the 19th too.. 9 am! I seem to be the only who rang and got through straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Has everyone from 1-500 now completed stage 3? If so when can we expect results, I did mine last Tuesday and it's an anxious wait to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AVPU

Anybody heading up from Cork tomorrow? Guessing the best way is Luas into Jarvis?

Debating whether or not to shave. I had a beard of epic proportions, which is now 95% gone. (I couldn't go 100% cold turkey...)

• Advertisement

When is stage 3 finished for the first 500?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Padge1987

When is stage 3 finished for the first 500?

Not sure soon I hope !!!! Really not feeling confident though I flew stage 2 found it no problem but sitting stage 3 I felt lost and found it hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Padge1987 wrote: »
    Not sure soon I hope !!!! Really not feeling confident though I flew stage 2 found it no problem but sitting stage 3 I felt lost and found it hard :(

I'm due in on the 19th, did the aptitude tests vary much from Stage 2? Any pointers?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

I'm due to be in for stage 3 this Tuesday and unfortunately there has been a death in the family. Just wondering would it be an easy process to change the date of my assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Carrollman wrote: »
    I'm due to be in for stage 3 this Tuesday and unfortunately there has been a death in the family. Just wondering would it be an easy process to change the date of my assessment?

First batch is supposed to be finnished tuesday. Lucky for you they have brought forward the next group and are staging assesments mid october for them, im sure if you ring them ther would be no reason why they cant slott you in with the next group. They said they will accomodate changes of dates in exeptional circumstances, which yours is. Ring the booking number tommorro and im sure the will sort you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement