Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hupp15

Does anyone know if if it's ok if your leaving cert results don't come by the time you sit the 3rd stage exam. I applied over a week ago but my test is Friday and I think it may take two weeks. I have a copy of my results at home but it isn't the yellow copy they specifically want. I'm pretty sure I read you needed to have them by the time your accepted after interview??
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Hupp15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if if it's ok if your leaving cert results don't come by the time you sit the 3rd stage exam. I applied over a week ago but my test is Friday and I think it may take two weeks. I have a copy of my results at home but it isn't the yellow copy they specifically want. I'm pretty sure I read you needed to have them by the time your accepted after interview??
    Thanks.

Yeah its ok. Sure might not even pass stage 3 so plenty time for them after

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

Hupp15 wrote: »
    Thanks.

It's no problem you can send them in afterwards if you can't get them in time.

We'll probably have the results or stage 3 by the end of the week i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greta P

i hae a question about documents needed to bring for stage 3, what kind of pictures they need? it says passport pictures, so is it the ones from the box that u go in and take them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Greta P wrote: »
    i hae a question about documents needed to bring for stage 3, what kind of pictures they need? it says passport pictures, so is it the ones from the box that u go in and take them?

Yes, you need just one passport photo.

Hopefully we get these results tomorrow! :D

VicMack wrote: »
    Yes, you need just one passport photo.

Thank u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭gananam

thekopend wrote: »
    Ya irish isnt a requirement anymore. As said they only brought in the irish competency test as a choice for those who only have 1 language or did foundation irish which is not accepted anymore

So what do those of you without Irish plan on doing should you come across a member of the public who wants to speak Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

gananam wrote: »
    So what do those of you without Irish plan on doing should you come across a member of the public who wants to speak Irish?

They have to learn it in Templemore so they will end up speaking it by the end of training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Its thought in college but not required to join. I did 3 languages at lc. English, irish and did honours german aswell so im sorted that way. Needless to say iv most of them forgotton from lack of use like most.

im here aain with those documents needed.. it says that u need to bring confirmation letter from public jobs. it doesnt let me to print it or to save it either, what should i do?

im here aain with those documents needed.. it says that u need to bring confirmation letter from public jobs. it doesnt let me to print it or to save it either, what should i do?

I wouldn't worry to much about it they never looked at it the day i was down there anyway.

Just print the reminder email. They didnt take it or even look at it on the day. Most important is to have id/photo/birth cert nd copies. If you dont have lc results just send it on when you get it

i have everything, but just that email, it doesnt let me to print it i dont know why

i have everything, but just that email, it doesnt let me to print it i dont know why

Print screen shot. Nearly every browser has an option.
    Look up tutorials for your browser online.
    If you still don't know
    how, go to an Internet cafe or library, load it up and ask the person working there to print it for you. If they don't know how they really shouldn't be working with computers.

See in the budget it mentions about 500 more Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FawltyTowel

Are there many foreign Garda? Are you disadvantaged as a Scot who only knows German as a second language?

Are there many foreign Garda? Are you disadvantaged as a Scot who only knows German as a second language?

Not really at a disadvantage apart from the accent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Boult wrote: »
    See in the budget it mentions about 500 more Gardai

At least 600 additional Gardai to be recruited next year according to the Minister.

• Advertisement

At least 600 additional Gardai to be recruited next year according to the Minister.

yeah seen that won't be much good if don't get passed stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

yeah seen that won't be much good if don't get passed stage 3.

600 from a new campaign?

danbag1989 wrote: »
    600 from a new campaign?

I'd say some will be from new campaign as would hardly get 600 out of 1294 that passed stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Anyone heard yet? Anxiously waiting!

I'd say some will be from new campaign as would hardly get 600 out of 1294 that passed stage 2

That will also include those on the waiting list to templemore right now, which is a good few.
    I think our batch (current stage 3) will be the only ones doing medicals and fitness tests next year.
    I wonder how many of us they'll be letting through from the interview?

If they are starting a new campaign it'd be a speedy one to get them through the system and in and out of Templemore by December 16.

So after the current OOM is put through it'd leave about 500 places. Possibly 1000 or so of us passed Stage 3. So it'd be a 50% drop off rate if there won't be a new campaign. This could be great news for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭slapper2

Is that all that passed or all that pass from the second round of applicants to do it

slapper2 wrote: »
    Is that all that passed or all that pass from the second round of applicants to do it

That's all that passed stage 2 from band2/3 of stage 1

Is anyone feeling confident after stage 3? I know im not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

thekopend wrote: »
    Is anyone feeling confident after stage 3? I know im not!

I'm not.. If I do get passed stage 3 the interview panel will tear me to bits. Major gaps in employment history!

• Advertisement

Nono Toure wrote: »
    I'm not.. If I do get passed stage 3 the interview panel will tear me to bits. Major gaps in employment history!

Well that's me done then as well haha

It is too difficult to know how stage 3 went. Really could go either way. When do you all think results will be published?

Guys I rang public jobs today and they said our results (stage 3 1-500) will be out by the end of next week at the very latest, they said to definetly not expect them for this week!

Good to know. Won't be checking my email every five minutes this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Guys I rang public jobs today and they said our results (stage 3 1-500) will be out by the end of next week at the very latest, they said to definetly not expect them for this week!

I don't understand the wait on this !

TallGlass wrote: »
    I don't understand the wait on this !

I assume it's something to do with marking the report as everything else is computer generated. Pity we have to agonise for at least another week though!

• Advertisement

There is something ye all need to learn.
    It's called hurry up and wait. It's rampant in the defence forces lol

The results could be out before that still. i read on here before about people ringing up about results and they said be next week they were out the next day or something like that so they might be out next week but i'd take it with a pinch of the old salt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

The results could be out before that still. i read on here before about people ringing up about results and they said be next week they were out the next day or something like that so they might be out next week but i'd take it with a pinch of the old salt

We were told about 5 minutes before our results came out that they defo wont be out this week.. 5 mins later we had our results ha

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

So who's getting ready for stage 1 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

We were told about 5 minutes before our results came out that they defo wont be out this week.. 5 mins later we had our results ha

Remember I rang and asked when they'd be out and if there was any possibility they'd be released on whatever day I rang an I was shut down with a definite no way and they said they'd most likely be out the next week...went away for an hour and came back and bang the results were out haha I can't understand how public jobs do it 😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

caza182 wrote: »
    Remember I rang and asked when they'd be out and if there was any possibility they'd be released on whatever day I rang an I was shut down with a definite no way and they said they'd most likely be out the next week...went away for an hour and came back and bang the results were out haha I can't understand how public jobs do it 😂

I certainly do remember haha was funny.. was literally like 5 minutes later haha

Yep it's too hard to tell, to find out this week would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coneill1991

Who ever said no news is good news was very very wrong

starting to panic, have my test tomorrow at 12.30, is anybody from here in at that time aswell?

Definitely messed up structure of report. Anyone else from previous rounds manage to pass even though they know they got structure wrong?

I was surprised by the age profile of the people the day i did the stage 3 test. I expected most of the people to be in their early to mid twenties but that wasn't the case at all. Most looked to be in there early to mid thirties.

I was surprised by the age profile of the people the day i did the stage 3 test. I expected most of the people to be in their early to mid twenties but that wasn't the case at all. Most looked to be in there early to mid thirties.

I noticed this also. Last chance saloon for me anyhow!

What would you prefer to see a 20 year old guard with no experience or a 30 year old with years of experience in security, military and or any other industry where you engage people face to face.
    I reckon that it was coincidence that you ended up in with an older group cause I reckon that the average age of my group would have been around 27

PMMG wrote: »
    Definitely messed up structure of report. Anyone else from previous rounds manage to pass even though they know they got structure wrong?

How are you supposed to know the structure?

How are you supposed to know the structure?

You would know if you got it completely wrong. It dawned on me after!

• Advertisement
Advertisement