Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Anyone thinking that they might release the results a bit earlier than expected (like tomorrow perhaps)?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

I have a feeling there going to do everybody first and then they will show the results

They did apparent say that end of next week at least (someone mentioned this a few pages back). Others saying that they tend to deliver before deadline (here's hoping! ). When is stage three finished for the second group in band 2?

End of next week at latest that is

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

slapper2 wrote: »
    What would you prefer to see a 20 year old guard with no experience or a 30 year old with years of experience in security, military and or any other industry where you engage people face to face.
    I reckon that it was coincidence that you ended up in with an older group cause I reckon that the average age of my group would have been around 27

On the flip side would you rather see a thirty year old guard right out of Templemore or a thirty year old guard with 10 years experience of being a Garda.
    It's all relative.
    If all goes well I'd probably be 23 if I get to the point of putting on the uniform and I think that's a grand age to start a 40 year career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

PMMG wrote: »
    Anyone thinking that they might release the results a bit earlier than expected (like tomorrow perhaps)?

Thinking the same as yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

JoeyJoe93 wrote: »
    On the flip side would you rather see a thirty year old guard right out of Templemore or a thirty year old guard with 10 years experience of being a Garda.
    It's all relative.
    If all goes well I'd probably be 23 if I get to the point of putting on the uniform and I think that's a grand age to start a 40 year career.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about what age people start at. Life experience is one thing but 99% the knowledge and experience you need is gained when you leave the college.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Thinking the same as yourself.

Someone said above they'll probably wait until everyone is finished stage 3.
    I'd agree.
    That'd avoid having anyone who failed go on and give out the information to people yet to sit the test maybe?
    But when is the last stage 3 test? Could it be tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FawltyTowel

Someone said above they'll probably wait until everyone is finished stage 3.
    I'd agree.
    That'd avoid having anyone who failed go on and give out the information to people yet to sit the test maybe?
    But when is the last stage 3 test? Could it be tomorrow?

My stage 3 test is next week

• Advertisement

Bloodwing wrote: »
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about what age people start at. Life experience is one thing but 99% the knowledge and experience you need is gained when you leave the college.

I'd say so.
    I wonder what the drop out rate is for gardai in their first couple years?
    It'd be one thing in theory and another thing in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭slapper2

It's all relative.
    I prefer to see a 30 year old leaving templemore. More chance of them having real world experience rather than just school and college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Well up until 2004 the age limit was 26 and that was less before and they have done just fine so it just proves that it doesnt matter. As said what counts most is what you learn from college onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kerrygirl90

Is there anyone sitting there exam on Tuesday the 20th @ 9am?

I doubt they will wait for the next group to finish. If people were going to leak info then it would have happened already from previous rounds. No I think we will hear something in the next few working days (Monday or Tuesday maybe).

I doubt they will wait for the next group to finish. If people were going to leak info then it would have happened already from previous rounds. No I think we will hear something in the next few working days (Monday or Tuesday maybe).

• Advertisement

Results are out folks and unfortunately I did not pass job simulation so I am out. Good luck to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aislingann

slapper2 wrote: »
    I prefer to see a 30 year old leaving templemore. More chance of them having real world experience rather than just school and college

I'm 27 and I'm a reserve since i was 22. I bet a lot of those "older" people may have been reserves too. I read back there on someone who will be 23 getting in if he/she passes. I joined the reserves when he/she was 17 and i was 22. Just a thought. I wish my career (or my preferred career) started when i was 22 not voluntary work. So a lot of those people are possibly like me waiting years and this time round it may be "**** or get off the pot" time. Ive my Stage3 on monday. Its genuinely a fork in the road for me. Nervous as hell about it, i hope everyone does well x

Results are out folks and unfortunately I did not pass job simulation so I am out. Good luck to you all

Im so sorry to hear that x

I failed also. I could appeal I suppose, but I don't see the point. I'm 25 started college, I'm in the reserves at the moment, between the hours you work rostered then court on your days off or overtime on days off and the low starting point pay of 23K. I think I will give it a miss for a few years maybe 4/5.

I failed on job simulation and report writing, which seems a bit odd to be honest.

I got 390 just missed the 400 on job simulation and 378 on report writing but there's no overall total on this? How dose that compare to everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seamen

sorry to hear! did you get an email im waiting and ive got not email and no message on my message board ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

seamen wrote: »
    sorry to hear! did you get an email im waiting and ive got not email and no message on my message board ?

Normally the longer your left waiting the better .. Pass results come out later than fails

Normally the longer your left waiting the better .. Pass results come out later than fails

thats what i was thinking im hear praying . thanks

Thats what i was thinking Im here praying . thanks

Usually the later you hear the better. If and when i get email i dont think ill even be able to open it, half sick thinking about it!

Definitely the later you hear the better. Good luck to all those waiting. I spoke to someone in publicjobs about failing the job simulation exercise and they explain that your result is based on all other people in the group so I might have got most answers correct but just not as much as other people. Very disappointed as was not at all worried about that part of exam. On the bright side it may not be last chance saloon after all as new campaign might commence soon enough

Definitely the later you hear the better. Good luck to all those waiting. I spoke to someone in publicjobs about failing the job simulation exercise and they explain that your result is based on all other people in the group so I might have got most answers correct but just not as much as other people. Very disappointed as was not at all worried about that part of exam. On the bright side it may not be last chance saloon after all as new campaign might commence soon enough

What scores did you get on the exercises ?

No email yet, instantly got nervous there!
    Hard luck to ye.
    You never know next year might have a new campaign and you can try again.

Both verbal and inductive reasoning verified and 460 on written report and 370 on job simulation

I think anyone who has not heard yet is safe :)

Both verbal and inductive reasoning verified and 460 on written report and 370 on job simulation

What was the pass score?

So just 30 short on a pass for the job simulation. I was 10 short, I dunno if its worth appealing or just leave it alone. As a Reserve its pretty embarrassing to fail on both. Then again, should I leave alone and come back in a few years.

• Advertisement

aislingann wrote: »
    What was the pass score?

400 for job simulation and then I dunno the last score has no pass its a total of all the combined totals :confused:

The way PAS are running this competition would frustrate the life out of you.

Passed! Anyone else waiting should be good news :)

Pass is 400. Don't think I will appeal. Just wait until next time around. Anyone got a positive email yet?

thekopend wrote: »
    Passed! Anyone else waiting should be good news :)

I still got nothing ? have they given dates for interviews ?

seamen wrote: »
    I still got nothing ? have they given dates for interviews ?

it'll be interesting to see how many they pass out of the 500

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tubba

Does anyone know how to appeal a result.
    I passed 3 of the 4 but failed on the Report writing exercise.Gutted

aislingann wrote: »
    it'll be interesting to see how many they pass out of the 500

Id say it prob b good news for u. They said dates will be sent on in a few days time, interviews from 28th oct in pas abbey st

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lyonsie01

ya i have mine at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lyonsie01

Is there anyone sitting there exam on Tuesday the 20th @ 9am?

ya im in at that time too

• Advertisement

Passed!
    Time to start really worrying about the interview now! Especially as they start so soon.
    I say it's all good news from here if people are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

my boyfriend is still waiting on results...he rang public jobs and was told there was a backlog and that it wasn't a case of fail emails being sent before pass emails!

My results were 533 on job simulation and 470 on report writing.
    Might give an indication on the pass rate for those appealing.
    I can only imagine how gutted you'd be failing on the report.

caza182 wrote: »
    my boyfriend is still waiting on results...he rang public jobs and was told there was a backlog and that it wasn't a case of fail emails being sent before pass emails!

I wouldn't trust a word them lads say to be honest!

Congrats to all.

I passed by the bare skin of my teeth i actually cant believe it! I was 100% certain I failed and was getting ready for next years campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

I passed by the bare skin of my teeth i actually cant believe it! I was 100% certain I failed and was getting ready for next years campaign!

Well done! When did you receive your results?

• Advertisement

My results were 533 on job simulation and 470 on report writing.
    Might give an indication on the pass rate for those appealing.
    I can only imagine how gutted you'd be failing on the report.

Yeah, I'm gutted alright. 544 in job simulation and only 340 in the report?
    I checked the information on scoring the Assessment Centre , Not very clear on what the qualifying score is.

"The score set out in your result letter for the Report Writing Exercise is a combination of the scores you achieved on each of the above criteria. There is no overall minimum qualifying score in this Exercise, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each of the four criteria."

Anyway, a massive congratulations to yourself and all those that passed. Good luck in the interviews.

tubba wrote: »
    I checked the information on scoring the Assessment Centre , Not very clear on what the qualifying score is.

"The score set out in your result letter for the Report Writing Exercise is a combination of the scores you achieved on each of the above criteria. There is no overall minimum qualifying score in this Exercise, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each of the four criteria."

Anyway, a massive congratulations to yourself and all those that passed. Good luck in the interviews.
    Check the cpsa website i think there is a way of appealing it. It is not easy but it can and has been dome.

tubba wrote: »

Thanks man. Hasent sunk in yet

Check the cpsa website i think there is a way of appealing it. It is not easy but it can and has been dome.

I rang PAS and asked them how to appeal or get a review. The girl in PAS told be to email the gardatrainee2013 email address and ask for a review. She said there is no need to write anything else on the email.
    Might be worth a chance...

Ya man i was speaking to a guy today at work and e said that there will be a new campaign next year so even if you dont you will get another shot at it soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement