Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Qualifying score for job simulation is 400. I am a bit off it so I don't see the point in asking for a recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

Anyone know the pass score for report writing

There was no exact score. You had a few requirements to pass eg structure , correct cobtebt and grammar.
    quote="ppaddy;97748823"]Anyone know the pass score for report writing[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

The job simulation was definately my downfall. I passed everything but that was definately my weakest. I found different prep companies were offering the answers for the same questions in different orders which makes you query which ones actually know what they are talking about. As a Reserve I also felt that what they expected on paper may not be the realistic thing to do at the time, as I'm sure is the case with most Garda scenarios.

Are you going to appeal it??

quote="Bopper88;97749189"]The job simulation was definately my downfall. I passed everything but that was definately my weakest. I found different prep companies were offering the answers for the same questions in different orders which makes you query which ones actually know what they are talking about. As a Reserve I also felt that what they expected on paper may not be the realistic thing to do at the time, as I'm sure is the case with most Garda scenarios.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

I passed everything but the simulation was definately by a hair

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Just sent my email for the appeal, I got 692 in both my job simulation and report writing but verbal/logical not verified, I couldn't understand this, in section 1 & 2 I passed but always on the low side, I got grinds leading up to section 3 so try help more on verbal/logical, duno where I went wrong, unless I panicked on the day n had a disaster so pissed off..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

tara321 wrote: »
    Just sent my email for the appeal, I got 692 in both my job simulation and report writing but verbal/logical not verified, I couldn't understand this, in section 1 & 2 I passed but always on the low side, I got grinds leading up to section 3 so try help more on verbal/logical, duno where I went wrong, unless I panicked on the day n had a disaster so pissed off..

Tara I'm in the exact same boat as you! Devastated, sent mine off last night.
    Let's hope we hear soon!!!!

Yes why not! ,where do you send recheck/appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hupp15

I'm also wondering the same. I'd like to appeal it today but am not sure where to send my appeal.

• Advertisement

It tells you in your public jobs where to send the appeal, gives you an email address, very straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

tara321 wrote: »
    It tells you in your public jobs where to send the appeal, gives you an email address, very straight forward.

It's only very straight forward for people who didn't have Analytical and Verbal verified. They are being given a chance to appeal.

People who failed Report writing and Job Simulation are not being given appeal option.

That's true. I wasn't given the option as I failed job simulation. That's why I was wondering does anyone know how to do it in these circumstances.

Hupp15 wrote: »
    That's true. I wasn't given the option as I failed job simulation. That's why I was wondering does anyone know how to do it in these circumstances.

I think if you were to take away positives - new campaign is only round the corner(December afaik)
    All will be fresh in your head and you will fly through to stage 3.
    Then you will be more focussed and Job Sim you will find easier.
    Onto stage 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

I got my results Saturday and passed everything bar my inductive/logical reasoning which did'nt verify. when i first done it in stage 2 i had never really practiced them and only passed by one point. this time i had got some practice in and just kind of got the hang of them and im certain i done much better. it seems silly to get knocked out for getting a better score. Im gonna appeal it but not too hopeful after ringing public jobs just there. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lyonsie01

iv set up a new thread about the appeals, if any one has any info can ye add it to the thread as its very hard to go through all the pages on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Add your reply here.
    I failed job simulation at stage 3. You can ask for a recheck (although minus chance it will make a difference is what I have gathered). Just email them and ask for recheck. On the other hand there seems to be a lot of confusion around the instructions for job simulation so perhaps this is grounds for appeal? ?? Some people answered every question in each senario add though they were independent whereas others ranked each of the questions in order of merit. That is they would have given one question a rating of excellent another good another adequate and so on. The instructions are to blame I think. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Add your reply here.
    I failed job simulation at stage 3. You can ask for a recheck (although minus chance it will make a difference is what I have gathered). Just email them and ask for recheck. On the other hand there seems to be a lot of confusion around the instructions for job simulation so perhaps this is grounds for appeal? ?? Some people answered every question in each senario add though they were independent whereas others ranked each of the questions in order of merit. That is they would have given one question a rating of excellent another good another adequate and so on. The instructions are to blame I think. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

PMMG wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Yes, I would agree also someone at the back end of exam room is not going to hear instruction as good,or see screen as those a few rows up, or at front!

• Advertisement

I emailed the garda recruitment email and the public jobs to ask how you appeal but neither replied to me. I can't see anything changing anyway. I was gonna put my hand up before it started to check but I stupidly didn't but they probably wouldn have told me anyway. Instru

Got a letter regarding my recheck of job simulation test. Exactly as I expected, result still the same. At this point I don't really mind because I know that the new campaign is starting soon but I really hope they change the format of testing this time round because lots of people seem to be having issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Unverified on the logical/inductive reasoning....absolutely gutted :( the process would break your heart...who's to say that those who passed stage 3 would even be suitable for the guards...they could fail at the interview stage...the whole thing is some **** show and now the aim to is score in the top 600 out of over 20,000 people in the new competition..

Got a letter regarding my recheck of job simulation test. Exactly as I expected, result still the same. At this point I don't really mind because I know that the new campaign is starting soon but I really hope they change the format of testing this time round because lots of people seem to be having issues with it.

I'm going to email now but I'll be the same. I'm going to try garda trainee 2013@ public jobs...... Etc. Is that who you tried?

I'm going to email now but I'll be the same. I'm going to try garda trainee 2013@ public jobs...... Etc. Is that who you tried?
    Add your reply here.
    Yea that's the one. You should get an automatic email saying that your email had been recievedone.

im confused as to why my Inductive/Logical Reasoning Test is verified and my verbal reasoning is not? wouldnt you think that both would be unverified as you have to do it in one sitting in all tests?! or why they dont give you the score like they have done in the previous stages. what the best way around the appeal, what are people saying in the emails back to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

What does "unverified" mean? It doesn't match up with your results from stage 2???
    But can it mean that you have scored too high in comparison?

. As outlined in the test familiarisation material, a test result is ‘Not Verified’ if there is a significant inconsistency between the unsupervised and the supervised test result. If the two test scores are at a similar level, the test result is ‘Verified’.
    it dosnt state if you score low or high, ud presume that it would just be if you scored lower than the pervious 2

Just an e-mail to resit my verbal and inductive on the 18th after I appealed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

Got the same Tara! Delighted!

Sjh191 wrote: »
    Got the same Tara! Delighted!

Il prob be even more nervous now lol, least we were giving a chance, plenty of study I guess!

• Advertisement

Tara321. When did you do your stage 3 . Date! .pm

ppaddy wrote: »
    Tara321. When did you do your stage 3 . Date! .pm

I sat my stage 3 on the 19oct 2pm.

got mine too for the 18th. fingers crossed now

What kind of wording did you put in your emails to be asked to attend a resit?

for thoses resitting, what did you fail on? was it both verbal reasoning and inductive reasoning or did you pass one and have on not varified??

D Trent wrote: »
    What kind of wording did you put in your emails to be asked to attend a resit?

just explain why you think they should give you a resit, thats what i did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

im re sitting on the 18th too. my inductive/logical reasoning didn't verify but i have to resit both.At least its another chance. Im pretty certain i got a much better score in stage 3 so now all i have to do is try not do as well as i did on stage 3. Doesnt make sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

tomcwn wrote: »
    im re sitting on the 18th too. my inductive/logical reasoning didn't verify but i have to resit both.At least its another chance. Im pretty certain i got a much better score in stage 3 so now all i have to do is try not do as well as i did on stage 3. Doesnt make sense to me.

Surely it's only 'not verified' if you score better on stage 2 than stage 3? It's frustrating that they can't tell us the score difference

Did anyone pass the appeal of section 3? Just logged into my public jobs after receiving the e-mail and I've been successful for section 4 on January 12th over the moon was sure I didn't pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Could anybody tell me how much leeway one is given for the report writing please? Do you have to get pretty much all the information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Could anybody tell me how much leeway one is given for the report writing please? Do you have to get pretty much all the information?

There is a marking scheme and you have to get the required ammount of points in each of the following to pass

Content
    Accuracy of content
    Grammar and spelling
    Structure and layout.

Think thats all the sections they mark you on.
    If you fall down in one you fail the whole report.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

Lads, just passes pct on Tuesday. do we get any notification about what to do next? or any idea when we might be called to start in Templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Lads, just passes pct on Tuesday. do we get any notification about what to do next? or any idea when we might be called to start in Templemore?

Youll be left in the dark now until the day you get an offer to start training, hrm wont tell you anything unfortunately.

Advertisement