Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plant yet?

• 10-03-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Mild weather for next two weeks

Can you plant climbers now or should I wait

Thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

What sort of climbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

redser7 wrote: »
    What sort of climbers?

Just the usual honeysuckle ideally -planrted two aldi ones last autumn pulled them out today ; want to plant two strong large - ones as soon as I can _ I have trelis fitted - ready to go / also can you plant tomato seed plants now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Depending on what kind of honeysuckle and what kind of trellis, I have to warn you that within a very few years the honeysuckle is likely to grab the trellis by the throat and twist and strangle it until you have a knotted mass of winding stems and splintered timber. You can tell I've been there, can't you? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

looksee wrote: »
    Depending on what kind of honeysuckle and what kind of trellis, I have to warn you that within a very few years the honeysuckle is likely to grab the trellis by the throat and twist and strangle it until you have a knotted mass of winding stems and splintered timber. You can tell I've been there, can't you? :-)
    Ah c'mon stop scaremongering :pac:;), that's only likely to happen if left unattended, with the correct care and pruning it'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Love honey suckle have it all over the plAce lovely smell.
    I watch it and trim regular .... Never had any problems...

Some body mentioned about putting potash around hedges and plants to encourage growth .....was thinking of doing that . ... Has anyone any other ideas
    About encouraging growth , hedges / climbers mainly , please

Ps with the mild weather for next few weeks would you plant a couple of hardy honey suckles

• Advertisement
Advertisement