If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha AS-500

Options
  • 10-03-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi.
    How much would Yamaha As-500 set me back?
    Looking for an upgrade, is there anything better than this for around same money?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi GSXR600, nice bike BTW !

The Yamaha AS500 is priced at £229.95 however we don't currently ship this model as stock is a nightmare and we are currently out of stock. This is an older amp and I'm not sure if Yamaha are replacing it as yet but it was launched in 2010.

If you wanted a genuine Yamaha beater then the Marantz PM6005 is the one to look at. It is priced at £299.95 but does have the performance over the Yamaha and with the addition of the DAC on board to allow digital connections, it is a bit more future proofed over the yamaha. The Marantz got a great review in Hifi choice magazine.

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1422&Results=true&keys=pm6005%20

I would recommend a good interconnect cable to get the most from this unit and £19.95 would get you a really good interconnect.

We have this in stock at present.

Hope this helps but let me know what you think.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Gsxr600

Hi Dave.
    Thanks for a quick reply.
    Not a fan of Marantz, but it has DAC.
    What about Yamaha R-N500?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

The R-N500 is not one that we have stocked but I certainly could get one in for you.

It is a relatively new model to the line up and currently the price would be £449. I would reckon I could manage free delivery on this as well.

It's a great product, well loaded with features and typical Yamaha sound and build quality.

I hope that helps but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Cheers Dave.
    Will let You know when I finally have my decision made.
    Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just a quick update!

We hope to have the AS500 back in decent stock in the next few days so we should be able to ship no problem- shipping would be £12.95 and is normally next working day after we ship.

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Big Thanks to Dave & lads for sorting my new system.
    After all I got Yamaha R-N500 and CD-S300.
    Excellent customer service.
    Thanks again and all the best.

Gsxr600

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Gsxr600 wrote: »
    Big Thanks to Dave & lads for sorting my new system.
    After all I got Yamaha R-N500 and CD-S300.
    Excellent customer service.
    Thanks again and all the best.

Gsxr600
    HI Gsxr600.

Glad to hear that you are Happy with your new products!!

Hopefully you get years of pleasure from them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.