Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing drinks and label language issues

Options
  • 10-03-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys, I'm importing a drink but it will have French labels, I know that for the product to be sell-able in Ireland the ingredients have to be in English, I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience of this? Would it be possible to just apply a sticker with the ingredients in English over the French?

Any help is appreciated cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Reeses Peanut Butter Mini Cups are on sale in Tesco with just that criteria. Ingredients list, weight, customer service info etc... No nutritional info mind you. I don't see why this should be an issue for your products.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

In Supervalu they usually have a Polish section both on the shelves and in the fridge. Alit of the products have small stickers with ingredients and name of importer on them. So I'd guess if that's good enough for Supervalu then those labels are probably all you need packaging wise. Pop into Supervalu and take a look at the Polish section to see what the stickers are like and what information is on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Weshtlad

Thanks lads, hopefully there's something in this that I can use.

Advertisement