Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heathrow to Kingston Lodge

Options
  • 10-03-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all,

Please close if I shouldn't be posting for directions here...

I need to get from Heathrow to Kingston Lodge hotel tomorrow morning and back tomorrow evening.
    From looking at google maps I should be getting the x26 bus, then the 85 bus, but having a read online it looks like the x26 isn't reliable (it's supposed to be every 15mins but seems to be every hour???).

Any advice on what route I should take, I've been looking awhile and it's confusing on the official route information, any real advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Have you looked at Journey Planner?

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

I don't know about the reliabilty of the x26 but there is live bus departure information that may help you tomorrow to see if there is one leaveing soon and you need to make a run for it:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/departure-boards/

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

Well you could get a Tube/Bus combo.

Piccadilly line (the only line) : from Heathrow to Hounslow East (4 stops)- (17 minutes)

When you get to exit of Hounslow east, turn left, stay on the same side of the road and walk about 400 meters to the bus station on the corner.

Take the 281 bus from the station to Kingston-upon-thames. (About 45 minutes)

According to Google maps that would leave you just over a mile from the Hotel, maybe less. Ask the driver the nearest stop to Kingston Hill

Walk it? or i think the 85 from Kingston centre might get you to Hotel door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Get the x26 to Kingston. Its the fastest way to get there. The other options take ages.

Once at Kingston get the 85 bus which drops you outside the doorish.

The tube/bus combo above would take sooo much longer as the 281 does such a long route. You might as well get the 111/285 to Kingston if you want a long bus ride.

Look up TFL and they do live bus departures, It will tell you when the next bus is coming so if none is coming for ages hop onto a 285 to Kingston.

Or get a mini cab, If you ring around you might get a cab for £30.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭pudgeydev

Cheers all, got the x26 and the 85, handy out! Flight home to Shannon got cancelled cos of a plane error, had to fly to Dublin and get a bus to Limerick then Shannon then drove from Shannon.

The cynic in me thinks that there was nothing wrong with the plane but there was feck all passengers on the Dublin flight so they said they'd throw us on that... that said I'm paranoid!!

Advertisement