Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gym

Options
  • 10-03-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, anyone hear anything of a new gym open at the dock? Ive heard whispers of it but there is literally zero online presence, which I find peculiar in this day and age. And if indeed it does exist, any reports on if its any good with regards to weights, racks etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Hey folks, anyone hear anything of a new gym open at the dock? Ive heard whispers of it but there is literally zero online presence, which I find peculiar in this day and age. And if indeed it does exist, any reports on if its any good with regards to weights, racks etc?

It exists. It's €25 per month and apparently they have a 2 for 1 on monthly membership if you bring someone else (assume that's for the first month). I have no idea what the layout is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

It exists. It's €25 per month and apparently they have a 2 for 1 on monthly membership if you bring someone else (assume that's for the first month). I have no idea what the layout is though.

Must go for a wander and scope it out this evening so, cant imagine you would be going too far wrong at 25 bob though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

If they don't have a website then they don't deserve your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

Henlars67 wrote: »
    If they don't have a website then they don't deserve your business.

lol

Just had a nosey in the spot tis the job surely, plenty of everything, and most importantly I can use chalk and deadlift in my socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Genesis Gym. They have a facebook account, with pictures of the place posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Gomer Pyle wrote: »

Any idea what the opening hours are? I'm sitting outside my gym waiting for it to open this minute

Any idea what the opening hours are? I'm sitting outside my gym waiting for it to open this minute

10am - 9pm Monday to Friday and 12 to 4pm on a Saturday as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Gomer Pyle wrote: »
    Link? Can't find anything on Facebook

thebuzz wrote: »

There doesnt seem to be one, just a page where people checked into it so it exists in that sense, but I couldnt find an official one with pics and such

• Advertisement

10am - 9pm Monday to Friday and 12 to 4pm on a Saturday as far as I'm aware.

Balls. I go before work. Hopefully they'll extend the hours in time.

It is so stupid to open gym at 10am, where a lot of customers go to the gym before work... poor laziness of the owners, or they do not know the business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Exactly. And not opening on the weekend too.

I was back in Sligo for a month and struggled to get a gym I could go to on a casual basis during my time home. Ended up going to carrick instead

Exactly. And not opening on the weekend too.

I was back in Sligo for a month and struggled to get a gym I could go to on a casual basis during my time home. Ended up going to carrick instead

Jayzus Popeyes is open like 6am-10pm as far as I know, and it is a grand spot

Jayzus Popeyes is open like 6am-10pm as far as I know, and it is a grand spot

Hes not bothered with the 6 am starts for a while now. It's supposed to be 7.30 opening now but he can be late every so often

Not open over weekends? he must be loaded with cash if he does not care about custmers

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

thebuzz wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Genesis-Gym/666773620048252

Advertisement