Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does my account owes money. Yes or no?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

I had an Eircom landline account which I closed in 2011 (18th October 2011 to be precise).

On the 31st Of January this year I recieved a Final Notice from a company called Buccann Clarke and Wells saying I owed €500 for non payment of my final payment.
    When I recieved the BCW letter I rang Eircom immediatly afterwards to confirm this and was told my account was paid in full.

This happened a number of times and each time I asked Eircom for a letter confirming this.
    Each time I was either refused one or told one was on its was but never appeared.

Today BCW texted me again and as I did previously I rang Eircom after. Again The Eircom agent confirmed that I didnt owe the money. I asked he send a letter and this time insisted this was done. I was then put on hold and when I was returned a different agent said I infact did owe the money.

Despite my account saying I was clear (And not only Customer account agents but their Supervisors saying otherwise.) I owed my final payment going back to October 2011. However I have recieved nothing in the time since 2011 to say I did. The new agent explained the debt was sold to BCW on the 26th of April 2013 and they were following up on this. Again however I was never contacted until the end of January this tyear when I began recieving threatening letters.

I asked the new agent what she was basing this on and she said this was based on the Final Bill sent out in 2011. Not my account which would show when I paid or how I paid.
    I also asked if there were records of contact between Eircom and me. She said yes but that the last contact sent to me from Eircom was again the Final Bill sent to me in 2011.

So I am now left in a situation were Eircom have said I owe the money but have no proof except for a 3 year old bill. Have never attempted to contact me about it. Their Debt Collecters (Who up until they threatened to take me to court never contacted me.) now wont stop ringing me. However I have 6 different Eircom Agents (3 are Supervisors and they were a pain in the ass to even get on the phone in the first place.) saying I dont owe them anything.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

BTW I'm not going to deal with BCW anymore. They have been constantly calling, texting and mailing me about this demanding payment.

Even when I asked for this to be raised as a query with Eircom and was told that they wouldn't be in touch during their 2 week (2 Weeks!!!) inquiry period I was still texted and mailed with "Legal" threats demanding payment "Or Else".

I've seen so many complaints against them and how they do business I'm amazed they are still allowed to do business in Ireland.

When I posted this looking for some assistance a friend of mine said not to bother that the teams that handle this board don't actually do anything.
    I disagreed but looks like he was right.

Thanks for no help eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ravenid wrote: »
    When I posted this looking for some assistance a friend of mine said not to bother that the teams that handle this board don't actually do anything.
    I disagreed but looks like he was right.

Thanks for no help eircom.
    Hi Ravenid

Apologies for the delays in getting to your query, feel free to PM me the account number in question and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

No you are ok Alan.

I wouldn't want you or your team to actually have to do some work and tire yourself out.

I bypassed your completely useless Customer Support Team (You need to train you staff a bit to understand that "I need help with a bill query." Does not mean "I want to sit on hold for 30 mins before being transferred to the Broadband Technical Support line.") and amazingly found someone in Eircom's accounts dept who knows what they are doing!!!!!!

God bless Aine who agreed that me calling 6 times and being told I did not owe any money would mean that the company I'm calling doesn't want me to pay them any money. (Hey guys that " Recording for call for training purposes" actually came in handy!)

However I now have your Debt collection attack dogs ringing me twice a day saying they would send a Bailiff around to my home unless I paid. (Then strangely offering to drop €25 of the debt I never owed if I paid now.) Luckily my sister directed me to the Citizens Advice Bureau who are extremely familiar with BCW's illegal tactics and have given me some steps to take in regards to them.

So don't worry about me (I doubt you ever did but hey.) And if anyone else is coming here looking for help.

Go elsewhere.

No you are ok Alan.

I wouldn't want you or your team to actually have to do some work and tire yourself out.

I bypassed your completely useless Customer Support Team (You need to train you staff a bit to understand that "I need help with a bill query." Does not mean "I want to sit on hold for 30 mins before being transferred to the Broadband Technical Support line.") and amazingly found someone in Eircom's accounts dept who knows what they are doing!!!!!!

God bless Aine who agreed that me calling 6 times and being told I did not owe any money would mean that the company I'm calling doesn't want me to pay them any money. (Hey guys that " Recording for call for training purposes" actually came in handy!)

However I now have your Debt collection attack dogs ringing me twice a day saying they would send a Bailiff around to my home unless I paid. (Then strangely offering to drop €25 of the debt I never owed if I paid now.) Luckily my sister directed me to the Citizens Advice Bureau who are extremely familiar with BCW's illegal tactics and have given me some steps to take in regards to them.

So don't worry about me (I doubt you ever did but hey.) And if anyone else is coming here looking for help.

Go elsewhere.
    HI Ravenid

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused however I'm glad Aine was able to help.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Well here we are.

1 month after I spoke with Aine who promised to call me back "Tomorrow" and I've heard nothing about this since.

1 month, not a call from Eircom who are well aware of this issue.

I tried to get anyone on the phone to speak with me about this but nobody wants to discuss this issue.

All I was told was that the call was being looked into by the Debt Recovery Team and that I would be contacted immediately as the Debt Recovery Team has a 5 day turn around. Months have passed since then and there has been no update on this at all. I can only assume that you no longer are chasing this debt.

Do not contact me again regarding this as I will no longer discuss this issue.

If you have a problem with this you should have had someone contact me about this as I asked at the beginning of this mess (Your mess by the way.)

Well here we are.

1 month after I spoke with Aine who promised to call me back "Tomorrow" and I've heard nothing about this since.

1 month, not a call from Eircom who are well aware of this issue.

I tried to get anyone on the phone to speak with me about this but nobody wants to discuss this issue.

All I was told was that the call was being looked into by the Debt Recovery Team and that I would be contacted immediately as the Debt Recovery Team has a 5 day turn around. Months have passed since then and there has been no update on this at all. I can only assume that you no longer are chasing this debt.

Do not contact me again regarding this as I will no longer discuss this issue.

If you have a problem with this you should have had someone contact me about this as I asked at the beginning of this mess (Your mess by the way.)
    Hi Ravenid

I'm very sorry to hear this and apologise for the disappointment caused however your previous reply made it quite clear you did not want me to look in to this for you when I had offered to do so.

If you would like me to look in to this for you please PM me the account details.

Al

Advertisement