Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on my lawn!!

• 10-03-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I would really like some advise if anyone can help!! I have had a trampoline in the same spot for the past 7 years or so and the lawn under it is in dire need of some attention!! its gone bare, ground is hard (but moist), moss etc.. I'm thinking strongly of getting rid of the trampoline or at lease storing it for a few months.. so today I moved the trampoline to another part of the garden while I get to work.. I have, only today, started aerating (lifting the soil with a pitch fork) and while I know this will help I'm not sure what to do next!! I'm sure a lot of people have had the same problem so any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi ,any photos of bare spot.jack

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisaleee

I will post one tomorrow Jack thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I would expect the ground to be dry, compacted and uneven, so not a pretty sight but nothing too difficult to resolve. The best approach would be to hand dig the area a couple of times adding some soil conditioner, and rake to a general level. If you wish to complete the remedial works quickly you can roll the area to make it level and stable and sow new lawn seed. Alternatively if there is no rush, leave after raking stage for a few weeks and some rain showers before sowing seed.

Often people find digging the compacted ground difficult as it can resemble concrete! :rolleyes:

Thank you Sonnenblumen! That seems like some pretty sound advise. Its an eyesore and I would like to get it in shape sooner rather than later. When you say roll the area what exactly do you mean? I'm going to take a pic in the morning and post it here you will see that the soil is quite clumpy but quite moist so not too hard to work with Thank God!! Should I keep breaking down the soil to make it finer? Thanks again Lisa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Rake it out level and put grass seed down.simple and job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

also you dont need to ditch the trampoline, just move it around a bit...

Thanks for that I'm wondering what the hell have I started!!! There is a lot of work in it. I will have to get rid of it not only is it an eye sore it won't go anywhere else garden too small!! Thank you for your advise I'm hacking away and that's exactly my plan Cheers Lisa

Rake it out level and put grass seed down.simple and job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Put the trampoline up for sale on adverts.ie. Get a few bob for yourself and buyer dismantles and removes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭hexosan

Dig a pit and bury the trampoline in it that way you won't have to look in under it and see the bare grass.

• Advertisement

you could get a couple of rolls of ready lawn might cost a bit bit iti is a instant answer

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

I squared off my trampoline area with some old planks of wood, treated them with rodseal black, In the square then I put down some underlay plastic I had left over from decking, Got a tralior load of bark and spread it evenly over the plastic,

It's a nice tidy job, If I do say so myself

Advertisement