Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working abroad for the summer

Options
  • 10-03-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm in sixth year, it's just an idea at the moment but I'd like to work abroad for a month or two. I have loads of experience babysitting, and working as a waitress. I have fairly good German too, by no means fluent but enough that I could understand and hold a conversation.

I'd like to do some kind of work abroad for the summer. I love travelling so this is the main reason, but I want something to occupy me for the summer and to get a bit of experience. I'm unsure of where to start though, I've heard of those trips to places in Spain where you speak English to the locals teenagers, or camps where you'd act as a 'leader' or helping out with younger children. Not sure exactly how to go about it though.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm open to anywhere, but if i was going somewhere I'd want it sorted out beforehand rather than searching for a job when I arrive. Not sure if this is relevant, but I want to do primary school teaching so anything that would benefit that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

missguided wrote: »
    I'm in sixth year, it's just an idea at the moment but I'd like to work abroad for a month or two. I have loads of experience babysitting, and working as a waitress. I have fairly good German too, by no means fluent but enough that I could understand and hold a conversation.

I'd like to do some kind of work abroad for the summer. I love travelling so this is the main reason, but I want something to occupy me for the summer and to get a bit of experience. I'm unsure of where to start though, I've heard of those trips to places in Spain where you speak English to the locals teenagers, or camps where you'd act as a 'leader' or helping out with younger children. Not sure exactly how to go about it though.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm open to anywhere, but if i was going somewhere I'd want it sorted out beforehand rather than searching for a job when I arrive. Not sure if this is relevant, but I want to do primary school teaching so anything that would benefit that would be great.

Would you consider Au Pairing? My friend spent her 5th year summer in Madrid minding a family while the parents are away. When parents are home, she'd leave the house and explore the city for a bit. She spoke French mainly as the family was from France but lived in Madrid for work and plus she got to learn some Spanish while exploring. She loved every bit of it and would kill to do it again.

Advertisement